PDA

View Full Version : Hair Stick Colours

likelikepenny
June 15th, 2017, 03:12 PM
What colours look good on black hair? I'm especially interested in neutrals to wear in my every day wardrobe.

Obsidian
June 15th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Everything looks good with black but since you want neutrals, what about grey or silver? A dark cream would look nice too.

pastina
June 15th, 2017, 03:18 PM
What about a pearly white?

likelikepenny
June 15th, 2017, 03:19 PM
Everything looks good with black but since you want neutrals, what about grey or silver? A dark cream would look nice too.

I usually avoid silver/grey as it sometimes clashes with my skin.

ETA: What about a honey marble ficcare? I've been considering it but it seems a little light to be a neutral for dark hair.

Aredhel
June 15th, 2017, 03:21 PM
Yup pretty much everything looks good on black hair. :) Do you typically dress in neutral colours too? I usually wear things in earthy and neutral tones too, so my hair toys tend to be in those colours. I find that wood sticks can go with just about anything too!

likelikepenny
June 15th, 2017, 03:22 PM
What about a pearly white?

Pearly white sounds nice, although it seems hard to find in hair sticks. :/

likelikepenny
June 15th, 2017, 03:23 PM
Yup pretty much everything looks good on black hair. :) Do you typically dress in neutral colours too? I usually wear things in earthy and neutral tones too, so my hair toys tend to be in those colours. I find that wood sticks can go with just about anything too!

I wear a lot of black, so much my friends tease me. Black accessories disappear in dark hair though.

MidnightMoon
June 15th, 2017, 03:28 PM
I prefer pearly white, teals, navy blue, silver, and oranges/amber/yellow
I find that black gets lost in it :c
I also don't like some pastels that look tacky, like some pastel coloured ficcares.

Robi-Bird
June 15th, 2017, 03:28 PM
Gold, white, black. A dark blue, rich woods. I think you can't really go wrong. Most of my hairsticks are coloured, and I don't worry about trying to coordinate with my outfits, the sticks mostly hide in the hair.

Aredhel
June 15th, 2017, 03:29 PM
Pearly white sounds nice, although it seems hard to find in hair sticks. :/
I've seen some gorgeous pearly white sticks made by WEII and LI! :)

I wear a lot of black, so much my friends tease me. Black accessories disappear in dark hair though.
Well that makes it even easier then lol! You can literally pick any colour toys your heart desires.... there are some gorgeous multicoloured sticks out there too, especially acrylics.

Anje
June 15th, 2017, 03:44 PM
You can probably wear any color you like, with black hair. I'd start with the basics that go with colors you wear anyway. Greens, caramel browns, ivory if you like warm colors. Blues, grays, rich purple, icy white if you like cool colors. Most wood won't disappear against your hair, either, so you can get some fantastic colors of wooden hairsticks if that appeals to you.

Obsidian
June 15th, 2017, 03:54 PM
I usually avoid silver/grey as it sometimes clashes with my skin.

ETA: What about a honey marble ficcare? I've been considering it but it seems a little light to be a neutral for dark hair.

I think the honey marble would look great. Sure its a bit of a contrast but its such a nice neutral color it won't look out of place. There is also the new color lotus ficcares in sahara sand (kind of a beige) and mahogany (dark and chocolaty). If you don't like the lotus, those colors also come in the silky version along with a brown that reminds me of milk chocolate.

FennFire911
June 15th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Well as far as neutral goes, I don't think you can go wrong with natural wood. And for a nice contrast to your black hair, maybe one of the lighter shades of teak?

https://www.etsy.com/listing/157899269/teak-45-inch-handmade-wooden-curved-2

Aredhel
June 15th, 2017, 04:41 PM
I think red woods look awesome in black hair too. :)

Chamomile
June 15th, 2017, 09:19 PM
If you want some acrylic hair sticks, I find clear ones are really nice as they don't add any color at all. They really do go with everything!

EssentialJo
June 15th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I started with the woods because I worried that the colorful sticks would look too showy. But later, I took a chance on dark blues, blue greens, even reds. I still err on the side of non-bright but colorful sticks and found a happy medium there.
But I don't think you can go wrong. Many colors go with black hair.

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 01:16 AM
I like sparkly things too, like flexi clips with some shine or stones, items with swarovski stones in them, things with some glitter on them like the TT sticks with some inlay. If the item either shines, sparkles or lets light through it's best as I feel it adds shine to the hair

likelikepenny
June 16th, 2017, 05:34 AM
Wow, thank you for the suggestions everyone. I'll definitely be on the lookout for these colours. :)

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 05:43 AM
You're welcome.
And make sure you post your hair with your new fancy toys on our black hair thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129052) :p

likelikepenny
June 16th, 2017, 08:55 AM
You're welcome.
And make sure you post your hair with your new fancy toys on our black hair thread (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=129052) :p

I definitely will. There's so many beautiful heads of black/dark hair, it's making me appreciate my hair colour even more. :)

MidnightMoon
June 16th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I definitely will. There's so many beautiful heads of black/dark hair, it's making me appreciate my hair colour even more. :)

Yay! :p
Will be waiting.
I love black hair, and could always use some inspiration on updos and hair toys.

Groovy Granny
June 16th, 2017, 01:59 PM
OutNumberedNovelties (https://www.etsy.com/shop/OutNumberedNovelties) has pearly white sticks and many other colors as well.
Rich is great to work with; just convo him with any questions/ideas :thumbsup:

likelikepenny
June 16th, 2017, 02:25 PM
OutNumberedNovelties (https://www.etsy.com/shop/OutNumberedNovelties) has pearly white sticks and many other colors as well.

Thank you GG!

Ophidian
June 16th, 2017, 02:36 PM
Eaduard on etsy has a lot of nice pearly neutrals too. I've ordered from him before and was very pleased with both the price and quality.

https://www.etsy.com/shop/EaduardHairsticks?ref=s2-header-shopname

kinnyuu
June 16th, 2017, 03:28 PM
RED!
Or a pearly white, or earthy tones.

Aredhel
June 16th, 2017, 03:29 PM

Omg that Orcrist stick though...:thud:

Groovy Granny
June 16th, 2017, 03:47 PM
Omg that Orcrist stick though...:thud:

What stick is that :confused:

ETA: NM...found it; yeah amazing :thumbsup:

I was unfamiliar with the term :lol: