PDA

View Full Version : Science's Answer to Keeping Hair Frizzless

likelikepenny
June 10th, 2017, 01:34 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/beauty/article-1288237/Farewell-frizz-Science-finds-solution-keeping-style-sleek-rainiest-days.html

I find this quite interesting. I wouldn't mind trying it, although I'm scared that it would lock out moisture.

EmbracetheHippy
June 10th, 2017, 02:54 PM
The date on the article is from 2010. I'm curious to know, has anyone at LHC used Living Proof? It's sold on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Living-Proof-Restore-Conditioner-Ounce/dp/B00BQYE3BQ/ref=cm_cd_al_qh_dp_t?th=1

Sounds interesting.

likelikepenny
June 10th, 2017, 03:16 PM
Lol at one of the reviews on the product:

"I gave this shampoo and conditioner a try after reading many reviews (I have a separate review for the shampoo). Based on the price, this conditioner just did not meet my expectations. While it did make my hair feel soft and tangle free while wet, after blow drying and using a flat iron my hair looked and felt very dry. My conclusion is that this product just does not work for my hair but may work for someone else."

EmbracetheHippy
June 10th, 2017, 03:22 PM

"I gave this shampoo and conditioner a try after reading many reviews (I have a separate review for the shampoo). Based on the price, this conditioner just did not meet my expectations. While it did make my hair feel soft and tangle free while wet, after blow drying and using a flat iron my hair looked and felt very dry. My conclusion is that this product just does not work for my hair but may work for someone else."

That was funny. I didn't read the bad reviews. This one made me laugh, wince:

Can't nourish my hair enough to compensate for what the LP Restore shampoo did. I am saddened by this.

Saddened is an interesting word to use.

Aredhel
June 10th, 2017, 03:30 PM

:lol: I have a hunch I may know what went wrong...... ;)

Corvana
June 10th, 2017, 09:10 PM
I haven't used LP in a loooooong while, but I do still have the sample bottle of this styling stuff I got when I ordered a sample of a conditioner/shampoo/mask set (that I don't remember the name of). The shampoo and crew were alright. I liked the mask, but I've always been a huge fan of deep deep conditioning anyway. But the styling stuff I actually really love. I only ever use it when I curl my hair (heatless, of course), and it smells so good and at the very least doesn't not help. For all I know that's why my hair holds a curl for over a week? I never tried before using the LP styling stuff, so honestly I don't know. I could do a test, but I'm lazy as heck.

ANYWAY, I wouldn't trust the no frizz stuff THAT much. It may work for you, it may not. But all of their products are touted as "magical" or whatever, and so far the only non-disappointing product is that style thingy.

Style extender! I went to go get it lol. I don't even know if they still sell it? But yeah, the rest of the stuff was fine, but not amazing, so it wasn't worth the price to me at all. And I doubt any of their other products would be any different.

Wildcat Diva
June 11th, 2017, 07:01 AM
I have the styling cream. I like it. I don't think I am frizz free, though. It's too expensive to use the way I would need to, to see excellent results. I'll probably buy another bottle sometime.

ephemeri
June 11th, 2017, 07:28 AM
As a wavy former-product junkie, I tried this styling cream and absolutely hated it. It does specifically say on the bottle that it's meant to be used for heat styling, which is probably why I hated it -- I only air dry. But even still, if I were to heat style my hair, it would practically be frizz-free anyway, whether I was using LP or not. So I'm not sure that it has any magical capabilities that other products don't have.

I purchased a travel sized bottle, very small, for I think $15(!). A disappointment all around.

likelikepenny
June 11th, 2017, 11:17 AM
This product seems very expensive and overrated. I'll pass.

Cherriezzzzz
June 11th, 2017, 12:41 PM
I hated it as well. Used it awhile cause they said the longer you use it the better it worked. I used it before discovering Moroccanoil brand, which i ADORE!

Aunt Rapunzel
June 11th, 2017, 02:54 PM
As a wavy former-product junkie, I tried this styling cream and absolutely hated it. It does specifically say on the bottle that it's meant to be used for heat styling, which is probably why I hated it -- I only air dry. But even still, if I were to heat style my hair, it would practically be frizz-free anyway, whether I was using LP or not. So I'm not sure that it has any magical capabilities that other products don't have.

I purchased a travel sized bottle, very small, for I think $15(!). A disappointment all around.

I thought it was probably a heat-styling product. I'll pass.

Hairkay
June 11th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I'm not one for products so I'd never be swayed to try this. Besides my skin wouldn't be happy with me if I did.

esfand
June 11th, 2017, 07:43 PM
I love Living Proof, but relative to other brands out there, it's not worth the price. I still have the PHD shampoo, I loved the Restore shampoo, and the fragrance is amazing.

mistythebandit
June 24th, 2017, 04:41 PM
I want to try some! But it almost seems to good to be true, sadly.