PDA

View Full Version : Hair Update and pic

HeartofHaleth
June 8th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Hey there! The prodigal returneth! I've been mostly absent for a little while, partly because of a frantic schedule and partly because I was pretty discouraged about my hair. As I've mentioned before, my growth has ground almost to a halt since about the beginning of last fall. I did a tentative trim of an inch at the beginning of the year and, while happy, was not eager to lose any more length...but then not too long ago I had to cut off another 1-1.5 inches after getting epoxy paint in my braid tassel. :( Unfortunately, the stuff doesn't wash out. I only cut off the worst section, and the stuff that I left is still in my hair over a month later! So that was a bummer........

.......but I'm hopeful that my (lack of) growing pains may be over soon! Recently I came to the conclusion that I have been dealing for some time with a systemic yeast overgrowth that has worsened quite a bit over the last six months or so. It explains a lot of strange symptoms I've been experiencing, and I've seen some improvement since I started treating for it (yay! :cheer:). I vaguely remember reading on here about yeast overgrowth on the scalp inhibiting hair growth...? (Possibly in relation to Monistat hair treatments....????) Can anyone confirm this? It could be a totally "hair"-brained theory (Aha, I'm a comedic genius!), but I'm hoping there might be something there! Anyways, since you so patiently read all these boring black-and-white words, here's a summery sunshiney hair pic for you!

http://i.imgur.com/TOzzLxp.jpg

(Oops, I meant to fix that crooked angle....I got a tripod, which is super convenient for hair pics, buuuuuuut the phone mount can't be adjusted to be straight! :p)

diddiedaisy
June 8th, 2017, 03:09 PM
You have beautiful hair :)

lapushka
June 8th, 2017, 03:14 PM
Are we talking seborrheic dermatitis then? Because that is fungal overgrowth. If so, there is an SD support thread on here; gorgeous hair! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
June 8th, 2017, 04:19 PM
Ooh, that is some gorgeous hair you have there!

Reyn127
June 8th, 2017, 05:03 PM
Looks beautiful and long to me! Good job on getting the yeast thing figured out by the way! Those can be tricky to diagnose and pervasive to treat, but sometimes figuring it out is the bigger step.

HeartofHaleth
June 8th, 2017, 06:41 PM
Thank you all for the lovely compliments! You're making me blush! :o

Are we talking seborrheic dermatitis then? Because that is fungal overgrowth. If so, there is an SD support thread on here; gorgeous hair! :D

I'm pretty sure I don't have SD, since I don't seem to have any of the common signs (if I'm remembering them correctly). Thank you though! :D

Looks beautiful and long to me! Good job on getting the yeast thing figured out by the way! Those can be tricky to diagnose and pervasive to treat, but sometimes figuring it out is the bigger step.

Yeah, I'm pretty excited about maybe fixing some of the stuff that I thought I was just stuck with, from joint pain to brain fog!

Dark40
June 8th, 2017, 09:20 PM
Your hair is so pretty! Happy growing!:)

WavyWannabe
June 9th, 2017, 02:32 AM
Your hair looks so soft and pretty ! Nice waves and color :o

rachdun
June 9th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Your hair looks great - lovely colour

TatsuOni
June 9th, 2017, 03:55 AM
Your hair is beautiful! :)