PDA

View Full Version : Working on hemline

MamaSwanky
June 8th, 2017, 02:15 PM
Is there a centralized thread for working on thickening up the hemline of hair? I tried a search but i got too many results spread across a wide variety of threads so i got overwhelmed. My hair is tailbone length, but only the longest bits. Any advice on the best way to manage and care for hemlines? Thanks

Arctic
June 8th, 2017, 02:21 PM
There is the Microtrimming and Maintaining thread that might interest you. However it's fine to start a specific thread for this too (in my opinion anyway).

Cherriezzzzz
June 8th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Nothing to help, but rather a warning? Do not cut off "bits" to get that hemline as in one good chop. I've seen lots of ppl. on here day that their ends do that either at a certain point or in spite of length. I'd do microtrims every 3 months, and coconut oil every night from the thick place of your hemline down :) very sparingly. Usually the oil is soaked up by the morning for me and my ends aren't even dry. Or maybe they're not dry cause I often oil my ends at bedtime?! :shrug:

MamaSwanky
June 8th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I'll check it out. Thanks!

Kellylee
June 8th, 2017, 07:12 PM
I got a big chop(a few inches) about 10 months ago. I told my hair dresser I wanted my hair cut wet in a straight line with no layers. At first my ends were so thick it was almost too much. Now they are still very thick and I do not regret it at all. Big chop is the only way to get thick ends.

restless
June 9th, 2017, 01:13 AM
I got a big chop(a few inches) about 10 months ago. I told my hair dresser I wanted my hair cut wet in a straight line with no layers. At first my ends were so thick it was almost too much. Now they are still very thick and I do not regret it at all. Big chop is the only way to get thick ends.

Actually, if youre patient enough, microtrims work just as well :)

Cg
June 9th, 2017, 10:43 AM
I cut to the shortest layer (around BSL I think) and since then microtrim every 6 weeks to keep a perfect blunt hemline.

Anje
June 9th, 2017, 11:24 AM
I was never very good at microtrimming, but a trim back to the same length every couple of months accomplishes it pretty well. Also, make sure you're protecting the length in updos that don't threaten the ends, most of the time. Trimming the sprinter hairs back til the rest catches up doesn't help much if the catching-up hairs keep getting worn down to nothing and breaking away.

Deborah
June 9th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I have always preferred a substantial cut to totally refresh the ends. Plus the new length always feels thick, swingy and lovely.

Kandy
June 9th, 2017, 12:08 PM
Are there any special tricks to cutting your hemline to make it feel thicker :hmm: ?

mermaid lullaby
June 9th, 2017, 06:53 PM
Are there any special tricks to cutting your hemline to make it feel thicker :hmm: ?

I suggest, no layers and straight across hemline

EmbracetheHippy
June 9th, 2017, 10:02 PM
I suggest, no layers and straight across hemline

I'm going to take your advice. My cutter loved my curls so much, last year she cut my hem vertically to give my curls more lightness. I really want a lovely straight full hem.