View Full Version : What is this bun called?

June 7th, 2017, 03:13 PM
It's sort of a cross between a chinese bun and a japanese bun. With a chinese bun you take the two strands of hair over the hairstick, behind it and then crisscross each section around the base and tuck the ends. The japanese bun is the same, but there you take the two strands downwards under the stick instead. But what I did is to take one section over, and one section downwards. Both sections then ended up going the same way, being wrapped around the base and tucked.


I prefer this since it works better with a vertical stick, having a more symmetrical look, but I'd like to know what it's called XD

June 7th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I have no idea :lol: but I think it looks great!

June 7th, 2017, 03:54 PM
Following the pattern of Oriental names, I suppose you could always call it a Korean bun. It's very pretty!

June 8th, 2017, 04:43 AM
If it has no existing name I was thinking of calling it the Asian bun, just for simplicity's sake :)

June 8th, 2017, 04:53 AM
I'd name it a seashell bun :p

June 8th, 2017, 05:01 AM
There are at least two other buns called the seashell bun already ;) but I can see the similarities!

June 8th, 2017, 05:24 AM
Oh well, sorry, I really never pay attention to names of hairstyles. I can barely remember how to make any bun anyway, let alone their names :lol: