PDA

View Full Version : Back to blonde!

Wreckinbelle
June 7th, 2017, 01:11 PM
I finally got most of the Manic Panic out of my natural hair. I went on vacation at a chlorinated hot spring and the chlorine seems to have done the trick! Boy oh boy was my hair dry and straw like after that weekend, but I'm glad to be back to blonde for the summer! I think I'm going to go green in October:-)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/wreckinbelle/20170604_122251_zpstz7vexnd.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/wreckinbelle/media/20170604_122251_zpstz7vexnd.jpg.html)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/wreckinbelle/20170604_122307_zpsvsgl9svv.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/wreckinbelle/media/20170604_122307_zpsvsgl9svv.jpg.html)

PS/ Is this blonde? I mean, it used to be quite light but has darkened in my 30's I still call it blonde but is there another name for it now that it's darker?

Groovy Granny
June 7th, 2017, 01:13 PM
Wow what a transformation lol

It is a pretty color...yes it is blonde IMHO.
It looks great;if it is still dry, a deep conditioning will restore moisture I believe.

Going green eh? Brave heart lol :popcorn:

lucid
June 7th, 2017, 01:15 PM
Honey blonde ish? Pretty color :)

lapushka
June 7th, 2017, 02:44 PM
I can't see a picture? :?:

Dendra
June 7th, 2017, 02:49 PM
It's a beautiful blonde! Oh Wreckinbelle it's just lovely and if I had your hair I would definitely keep it as is! Also love the nose piercing.

Some people use the term blondette for a browney blonde or blondey brown, but from this photo I'd put you firmly in the blonde camp.

Wreckinbelle
June 7th, 2017, 02:50 PM
I can't see a picture? :?:

Me neither! ha I wonder what happened...going to fix now!

ETA: I think it's because Photobucket was down. Can you see it now?

Wreckinbelle
June 7th, 2017, 03:02 PM
Wow what a transformation lol

It is a pretty color...yes it is blonde IMHO.
It looks great;if it is still dry, a deep conditioning will restore moisture I believe.

Going green eh? Brave heart lol :popcorn:

Thank you! Yes big transformation, upon looking at this picture further I'm thinking maybe I've had my fun with colours and will just stick to this. I kinda like it :)

Honey blonde ish? Pretty color :)

"Honey blonde" I like that!

It's a beautiful blonde! Oh Wreckinbelle it's just lovely and if I had your hair I would definitely keep it as is! Also love the nose piercing.

Some people use the term blondette for a browney blonde or blondey brown, but from this photo I'd put you firmly in the blonde camp.

Thank you so much for the compliment! I may be reconsidering the whole dying thing. I only use semi permanents but this last one was a pain to get out and took a toll on my hair. Thank you again :)

Zebra Fish
June 7th, 2017, 03:24 PM
I still can't see the pics :(

lithostoic
June 7th, 2017, 05:45 PM
Looks beautiful c: Way blonder than me and I'm still considered blonde.

Groovy Granny
June 7th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Thank you! Yes big transformation, upon looking at this picture further I'm thinking maybe I've had my fun with colours and will just stick to this. I kinda like it :)

I may be reconsidering the whole dying thing. I only use semi permanents but this last one was a pain to get out and took a toll on my hair.

That sounds like a good plan for now; that color looks great on you :thumbsup:

Deborah
June 8th, 2017, 12:11 AM
Yep, that is blonde.

Dendra
June 8th, 2017, 03:00 AM
Thank you so much for the compliment! I may be reconsidering the whole dying thing. I only use semi permanents but this last one was a pain to get out and took a toll on my hair. Thank you again :)

No problem :)

With dyeing it I would be worried that I'd somehow not be able to get it back to blonde, even though it's only semi-permanent. And like you said, it can dry your hair out. You have such a nice colour I would embrace it and maybe wear fun things in my hair instead or perhaps dye just a chunk or streak. Though obviously it's your call :cool:

MidnightMoon
June 8th, 2017, 03:05 AM
I finally got most of the Manic Panic out of my natural hair. I went on vacation at a chlorinated hot spring and the chlorine seems to have done the trick! Boy oh boy was my hair dry and straw like after that weekend, but I'm glad to be back to blonde for the summer! I think I'm going to go green in October:-)
http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/wreckinbelle/20170604_122251_zpstz7vexnd.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/wreckinbelle/media/20170604_122251_zpstz7vexnd.jpg.html)

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f304/wreckinbelle/20170604_122307_zpsvsgl9svv.jpg (http://s50.photobucket.com/user/wreckinbelle/media/20170604_122307_zpsvsgl9svv.jpg.html)

PS/ Is this blonde? I mean, it used to be quite light but has darkened in my 30's I still call it blonde but is there another name for it now that it's darker?

Wow you have a lovely colour, and goes really well with your texture/hair type. I'd say it's blonde too, like the colour of hay.:crush:

esfand
June 8th, 2017, 03:43 AM
Ash blonde, or light brown. Kinda the same thing

Starrydandelion
June 8th, 2017, 04:53 AM
Dark or light(er), your hair looks really nice! :crush:

lapushka
June 8th, 2017, 05:01 AM
Gorgeous color. :D I would go pink or red, but green, to me, is such a difficult color.

Oh, and yes that is a light to mid-tone blonde.

Ondine11
June 8th, 2017, 06:03 AM
I'd definitely call it blonde. You have beautiful hair!

AmberLouise89
June 8th, 2017, 07:15 AM
I would say your hair in a medium golden blonde, it's beautiful! Also as for dying your hair green I spent a year with dyed green hair (over my natural blonde) I was able to get most of it out but eventually I had to resort to chemicals to get all of it out. However I was using Special Effects which tends to be harder to remove. I think it was worth it though, I loved having green hair.

Wreckinbelle
June 9th, 2017, 12:51 PM
No problem :)

With dyeing it I would be worried that I'd somehow not be able to get it back to blonde, even though it's only semi-permanent. And like you said, it can dry your hair out. You have such a nice colour I would embrace it and maybe wear fun things in my hair instead or perhaps dye just a chunk or streak. Though obviously it's your call :cool:

Hi there! I actually started dying my hair because I had become a little too conceited about the colour...I found that my identity was really wrapped up in my being a blonde and I knew that I needed something new. I like to test myself a little now and again. Once I kept my hair covered for 2 months for the same reason. Another time I wore the same skirt everyday for weeks because I realized I had too many clothes and spent too much time thinking about what to wear everyday <-- That sure made me appreciate the other things in my closet!

Wreckinbelle
June 9th, 2017, 12:58 PM
Wow you have a lovely colour, and goes really well with your texture/hair type. I'd say it's blonde too, like the colour of hay.:crush:

I can dig hay coloured hair! :)

Gorgeous color. :D I would go pink or red, but green, to me, is such a difficult color.

Oh, and yes that is a light to mid-tone blonde.

You might be right about that! I actually forgot that I had dyed about 8 inches of my hair green a few years ago and it stayed kinda greenish for about a year and a half!

Dark or light(er), your hair looks really nice! :crush:

I'd definitely call it blonde. You have beautiful hair!

Thank you very much!

I would say your hair in a medium golden blonde, it's beautiful! Also as for dying your hair green I spent a year with dyed green hair (over my natural blonde) I was able to get most of it out but eventually I had to resort to chemicals to get all of it out. However I was using Special Effects which tends to be harder to remove. I think it was worth it though, I loved having green hair.

That is what I'm worried about..I actually still have a couple of blue streaks under the top layer of my hair right now...I kinda feel like they might not be going anywhere any time soon! I do love green hair though!

spidermom
June 9th, 2017, 10:45 PM
That's definitely a shade of blonde, and it's really pretty.

Wreckinbelle
June 11th, 2017, 12:01 AM
That's definitely a shade of blonde, and it's really pretty.

Thank you Spidermom! You have some pretty great blonde hair :) It sure feels nice having the dye gone!

DameBridget
June 11th, 2017, 06:57 AM
Wonderful honey blonde hair, I'd say between a level 8 and a level 7, smack down in the middle of blonde :D I myself am a dark ash blonde, currently growing it out since I use to dye it brown. Your hair is beautiful! Good job keeping it healthy! :)