PDA

View Full Version : Hair colors: SO & you

adrenaline
June 6th, 2017, 03:56 AM
I'm always surprised and amused about how different the hair color of SO and me is! :D He has such a dark chocolate brown and i'm honey blonde. Look at the light difference:
http://foto.arcor-online.net/palb/alben/40/562840/6462316165333561.jpg

Funny! Do you have also so different natural hair colors with your loved one? Or maybe do you have the same natural hair color? Tell and show me :o

FuzzyBlackWaves
June 6th, 2017, 04:14 AM
My partner's hair is a bit darker than mine, but we have a lot of the same tones :)

Corvana
June 6th, 2017, 04:22 AM
My husband is a blonde! And he has one gene for red hair, so his beard is ginger.

lapushka
June 6th, 2017, 04:32 AM
Since I have no SO, I am going to go with my parents. My dad was black (half and half gray now). My mom was black and is now gone fully gray and dyes it light blonde. I am a light ash brown with golden reflects in summer, and am going slightly gray now (about 3%).

Arctic
June 6th, 2017, 05:05 AM
My ex fiancé always said he had grey hair, but it hadn't even seen grey (he might have few individual silvers now, almost 10 years later from when we met). His hair was ashy medium brown, looks a touch darker than mine, but since his was only few cm long it couldn't be compared to mine (other than my roots). He clearly cannot tell grey hair apart from ashy shades. His mom on the other hand always said his hair is so, so dark, like practically black. I was just :rolleyes: to both of them.

Oh and mine is light to medium brown, used to be more ashy but now seems to have gained some red tones.

MidnightMoon
June 6th, 2017, 05:23 AM
Well I seem to have a pattern :p
I just prefer dark hair on guys. My first bf had fine black hair, with lots of silvers (at 14!).
Second, and the one I was with for longer had medium brown hair, with some light streaks, and so far is the only exception in colour. This one grew it almost to his hips. It was very thick.
Third one had straightish black hair, quite puffy
Fourth one, black too, but more curly/puffy
Last one and current, black and wavy.
aaand the guy who I have found most attractive, and currently has some sort of thing for me...
hip length, wavy, very thick, coarse and black :p

Black hair ftw!

unheardletters
June 6th, 2017, 05:28 AM
My husband and I have the same hair colour, light brown. My oldest and youngest children have the same colour too, and my middle child is very light blonde.

Ligeia Noire
June 6th, 2017, 06:20 AM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=27570&d=1496751416

Always liked dark haired men but fell for a white blond with ginger beard. I am always teasing him because of that :D

Aliciaspinnet
June 6th, 2017, 06:48 AM
My hair is a medium ash brown although I've had it dyed various shades of red for over a decade. I'm trying to grow it out now, I can barely remember my natural colour! My husband is Indian and has black hair. Our son has, to my surprise, pale skin, hazel eyes, and dark blonde hair. Genetics are weird!

AmberLouise89
June 6th, 2017, 07:28 AM
Me and my husband are pretty opposite, my hair is naturally a medium golden blonde, my husbands hair is dark brown. He tans easily, I'm pale as a ghost. He's 6ft tall, I'm 5'3". We both have blue eyes though, although they are different shades of blue.

PixieP
June 6th, 2017, 08:14 AM
My husband is a medium silvery golden blonde (there is no better way to describe it!). My natural hair colour (as seen on my roots, as I haven't seen my natural colour since I was 14 XD) is a light grayish blonde. So we're quite similar, except of course that my hair is a fake red :P

marvel-lover
June 6th, 2017, 08:38 AM
My boyfriend of 5 years has red hair. Sometimes, depending on how I cut it, it takes on more of a brown-ish color, but his ginger hair and beard (not that he ever gets to grow one; he's a firefighter/EMT and they can't have beards). My hair color varies depending on the lighting. I would generally say it's more of a medium honey blonde with natural highlights that never go away. When I was younger, I was strawberry blonde before going platinum and then dulling out a bit. Wonder what our kids will be like

Pamberpestana
June 6th, 2017, 08:46 AM
My husband and I have the exact same hair color! Medium brown with a gold undertone. However, he had blond hair as a kid untill middle school and I had black hair until I was in kindergarten.

Another thing that's interesting is that we have similar facial features. For example we both have fuller lips, long noses and oval faces haha.

MoonRabbit
June 6th, 2017, 10:29 AM
My partner has dark brown hair, and mine is medium brown with red tones.

Our hair looks like the same color indoors but in natural light, my hair looks really different.

Anje
June 6th, 2017, 10:40 AM
My husband has a mostly cool deep brown that's progressively graying. His formerly red beard is almost solid white at 40.

My hair started out a natural bright auburn when we got married, but most of the red has faded and darkened, so now it's a warm medium brown naturally. Although, as of today, it's deep violet. :D

Sunshineliz
June 6th, 2017, 12:46 PM
My husband's is black and mine's silvery white. Can't get much more different than that lol.
But, honestly, the back of my head is still fairly brown while the front is very silvery. And when we met mine was a dark brown.

Groovy Granny
June 6th, 2017, 01:26 PM
Hubby is pure white (he was a very dark brown).
I am silver/white/light blonde @ my top, front, and sides, and light brown/silver in the back (nape area)
I was dark blonde/light brown prior to my silver emerging 15 years ago, and was very light blonde as a child and then darkened with blonde highlights as I aged.

ETA: I wonder what HIS hair would feel like at MY length :hmm:
His hair is fine but has lots of it, and stays straight in any weather....vs mine....sleek in dry air and double volume/triple curls in humidity.

Robi-Bird
June 6th, 2017, 04:17 PM
No SO dad had black hair that is not whiteand grey. Mom has light ash brown hair that is doing grey. My hair is dark brown so is my a sister's and her husband's. Their daughters both have dark blond hair.

Siri
June 6th, 2017, 06:59 PM
My hair is naturally dark brown though I have it now and have had for several years dyed black, my SO has kind of ash blonde hair.

Dendra
June 7th, 2017, 03:38 AM
DBO's hair is a rich dark brown that when in daylight seems to have an almost purple undertone. It is thick and wavy (if he grew it out I think he'd be a 2b). His stubble is half black half bright red so he must carry the ginger gene.

I, on the other hand have fine 1c hair that is best described as reddy brown, though can look brown, blonde, red or ginger depending on the light. I'm also pale versus his olive.

Aredhel
June 7th, 2017, 05:12 AM
I have black (or very dark brown) hair, DH has golden brown hair.:)

vampyyri
June 7th, 2017, 08:25 AM
I have medium golden blonde hair that gets more light golden to towards the ends, DH has light ash brown hair with a beard that literally has every color in it (blonde, ginger, brown, black, and a few greys)

mira-chan
June 7th, 2017, 11:22 AM
Somewhat similar colors. Both dark brown but his is more ash toned while mine is more warm toned and slightly darker.

lithostoic
June 7th, 2017, 02:04 PM
My boyfriend and I have nearly the exact same hair color. His is a tad darker. We were both towheaded children.

Ondine11
June 9th, 2017, 01:17 PM
My DH's hair is a similar texture, but, a different colour. He has 2c-3a hair, in medium golden blonde. Mine is 3a-2b hair, & my natural colour is a medium reddish brown (strong red tones) now dyed medium ash brown. He also has much more hair than I have, & each strand is thicker. Lucky man!

Prism
June 9th, 2017, 01:22 PM
My DBF's hair is silver-gray, and mine is dark blondish-brown. I'm increasingly seeing silver hairs, though, so maybe we'll be twins eventually!

Alex Lou
June 9th, 2017, 02:06 PM
I am much fairer than DH. He has a light olive complexion with chocolate brown hair. I'm a redhead with freckles and darkest strawberry/lightest auburn natural hair. We were both blond as kids, so DS is platinum, but he has dark brown eyelashes and tans to light olive.

kolala
June 9th, 2017, 03:57 PM
My boyfriend has very dark brown hair (looks almost black from far away).
I have medium honey blonde hair.
I've always had a thing for dark-haired guys, and I think the contrast between our hair colors is cute :)
We always try to guess what colored hair our kids will have!

Kiiruna
June 9th, 2017, 05:24 PM
My SO has (estimated) average thickness, fine straight hair that is basically a platinum blonde. Even his eyebrows and eyelashes are blonde. He has a cool toned skin and pure grey eyes.

My hair is straightish blondette, something between f and m. My brows are quite dark, and I have neutral toned skin and blue-green-grey eyes. Next to him I look really dark :D

Simsy
June 10th, 2017, 12:25 AM
DH is a thick redhead who goes from bright orange to dark copper, depending on oiliness and how long ago he last washed his hair. I'm a dirty blonde/light brunette who get natural fire engine red highlights when in sunlight. He has straight hair, I have curls that drive me slightly batty.

I have nightmares about the red haired little hellions we would probably produce. There is enough red hair, Gallic bloodlines and curls from both sides that we will end up with one of the three little boys from Brave, if not more than one.

twill
June 10th, 2017, 12:33 AM
My husband and I have nearly the exact same hair color - light brown going to blonde at the ends. (Except my hair is a smidgen redder towards the ends I think.)

twill
June 10th, 2017, 12:34 AM
In fact, we've been asked several times if we're brother and sister.

peachyleshy
June 16th, 2017, 12:40 PM
My husband has beautiful, true black hair 😍 I have goldish, medium brown hair. We both have fine, straight texture. We both have a few white hairs, but I have more :/

Anje
June 16th, 2017, 12:52 PM
My husband has beautiful, true black hair �� I have goldish, medium brown hair. We both have fine, straight texture. We both have a few white hairs, but I have more :/
I misread that as you having goldfish hair, which was a funny mental image. :D

triumphator!
July 5th, 2017, 06:29 PM
I looooove dark haired men. My husband has brown/black hair with a red/brown beard. :crush: Mine is average brown.

savfairy
July 5th, 2017, 08:29 PM
My SO has black hair, and I have light ash brown hair naturally (I'm currently growing out a blonde shade). He has beautiful thickness and shine, but prefers his hair kept short.

tseh
July 6th, 2017, 01:42 AM
My hair is naturally dark blonde and my SO has medium brown hair

Shanawavy
July 6th, 2017, 02:29 AM
My hair is dark brown- it looks black in some indoor lighting, and reddish-brown in the sun. My SO has light brown hair with the occasional bronze hair. We're both going grey.
We do suit some of the same colours - plums, blues, dark greens. Occasionally we realise that we are 'matching' unintentionally!

martyna_22
July 6th, 2017, 03:10 AM
When it comes to my natural color, my boyfriend and I have practically the very same color. I'm a hennahead, though, so it's not very striking :D We first met when I was a hennahead, so we never really had the chance to compare it.

MlleMC
July 6th, 2017, 08:04 AM
My hair is dark brown with reddish tones in the sun. My boyfriend also has brown hair with reddish tones, but it's a little paler, and his beard is pretty much half brown and half red.

RedStripe
July 6th, 2017, 11:55 AM
My natural hair color is darkish brown, but I color with henna, which looks very bright in the areas where I'm gray. As for my sweetie's hair, it's kind of hard to get a fix on the color. When I first knew him I always thought of him as having dark hair, but I later noticed that the length on his ponytail looks a much lighter brown (maybe from sun exposure, since he works outdoors). But he's also got a lot of gray, so in bright light he tends to just look gray-haired.