PDA

View Full Version : Hair is trashed after hospital

FrayedFire
June 5th, 2017, 11:50 PM
It's amazing how being stuck in a bed for a week doing nothing can screw up your hair so badly. Feeling discouraged cause I'm having so much trouble managing to remember just put up my hair and leave it.

On the bright side, it has been steadily raining and I have been able to clean my hair. The top feels soft and silky but I think I need to wash the length more thoroughly.

lapushka
June 6th, 2017, 02:15 AM
Whatever the reason is for your hospital stay, I hope you recover well.

I'm glad you've been able to care for it at least somewhat. :flower:

enting
June 6th, 2017, 02:56 AM
It gets better. Right now you're probably still somewhat recovering, and your hair will need to recover, too. Just be gentle with it and with yourself. Give it a little TLC, maybe a treatment of some sort, and go slow with detangling. A lot of what appears to be trashed may not really be.

Borgessa
June 6th, 2017, 04:28 AM
Feel better :(

Simsy
June 6th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Gently on the detangling and braid out of the way as you go. That should make life a little easier for you.

Get well soon

Garnetgem
June 6th, 2017, 06:02 AM
Can understand this as been in hospital and my hair suffered as they washed it in neat iodine so this and lying down for two weeks...you will be amazed how well hair recovers from such things..TLC and patience helps...hope youre feeling better now..

Kat-Rinnč Naido
June 6th, 2017, 06:16 AM
Get well soon and hide your scissors from yourself:blossom:

enting
June 6th, 2017, 06:30 AM
Can understand this as been in hospital and my hair suffered as they washed it in neat iodine so this and lying down for two weeks...you will be amazed how well hair recovers from such things..TLC and patience helps...hope youre feeling better now..

Washed in neat iodine? Yikes! That's never something I'd expect.

school of fish
June 6th, 2017, 06:49 AM
Wishing you a speedy recovery - both you and your hair :)

Garnetgem
June 6th, 2017, 07:37 AM
Washed in neat iodine? Yikes! That's never something I'd expect.

Yep they sure did wash it in neat iodine it was like straw and as for getting a comb through it forget it! took a good few weeks before it even looked like hair again..

embee
June 6th, 2017, 10:30 AM
Years ago, my hospital stay involved shaving the front of my hairline to put stitches in. :( No washing, no combing, no brushing. My hair lived through it. Be patient. Glad you're home again and take it easy, be gentle with yourself and your hair. :) Be well!

FrayedFire
June 6th, 2017, 05:10 PM

Yikes! I'm feeling mostly back to normal, but I'll still be recovering for 6 weeks.

Dendra
June 6th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Get well soon FrayedFire.

As others have suggested take your haircare slow and steady, and when you're up to it and able to I would recommend a coconut oil treatment, either a deep treatment or just a bit on the lengths and ends as often as you feel is necessary. This will help with detangling too.

luxurioushair
June 7th, 2017, 02:55 PM
Sorry to hear it, I hope your health and your hair will see better days soon.