PDA

View Full Version : Is There A Way To Make Hair Fuller And Thicker?

Kellyy
June 5th, 2017, 04:15 PM
Is there a way to make hair fuller and thicker? Or are you basically just stuck with what you got because of genetics. I've always wondered this and wonder if anyone has actually achieved getting their hair fuller and thicker.

lapushka
June 5th, 2017, 04:22 PM
Is there a way to make hair fuller and thicker? Or are you basically just stuck with what you got because of genetics. I've always wondered this and wonder if anyone has actually achieved getting their hair fuller and thicker.

Miracle products don't exist, sadly. My mom has i hair as well; used to be i/ii not too long ago. You can fluff it up a bit with texturizing sprays or dry shampoo, even a bit of hairspray, but... that's about it. If you are curly, you can pick the roots out. There's a fine, thin hair thread around here. I suggest you might want to take a look at that! :flower:

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2017, 04:38 PM
If your hair was thick before and then you had a major shed and lost thickness, there may be a chance of regaining that lost thickness. I have slowly gained a tiny bit of my thickness back but I shaved my head to bald and let everything grow together to get there.

Kellyy
June 5th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Yeah that's what I meant. I do feel like my hair was a lot thicker before. What did you do to regain some of your thickness?

Katia_k
June 5th, 2017, 05:40 PM
It doesn't actually make it thicker, but for temporary appearance of it, henna or cassia (so you don't get the color) makes mine appear much more voluminous.

lunalocks
June 5th, 2017, 05:42 PM
Thinness comes with age. I do not know how old you are, but I noticed thinning about age 45. I was already experiencing menopause symptoms then.

Thinness also happens with postpartum, poor health, stress, certain medications, a health crisis like a surgery or illness, or poor nutrition.

To make the individual hairs thicker, some use henna, some use salt sprays (I did and it did damage), some curl or perm, or braid when damp to gain volume. I have found all of these (except henna which I have not done) to cause some damage.

So we are left with taking extremely good care of ourselves and, hopefully, it trickles down to the condition of our hair.

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2017, 06:11 PM
Yeah that's what I meant. I do feel like my hair was a lot thicker before. What did you do to regain some of your thickness?

Shaved my hair completely off and started my hair growing journey all over again. CO washing instead of shampoo also seemed to help me for a few years, but my case might be different from other people. My hairs were being pulled out from my scalp and that's how I was losing hair, other people have natural thinning like male pattern baldness, or thinning from hormones or health problems. If you were born with naturally thin hair you can't really do much about growing thicker hair. You can try henna or adding fake hair or parandas in your updos to make them a bit thicker.

Kellylee
June 5th, 2017, 10:23 PM
It depends if you color or layer your hair. I use to think my hair was very thin but I just didn't care for it well enough. Dying, straightening, lots of layers. Now I have a blunt cut, no dye, and no layers. Now my hair is pretty thick, unfortunately if you have done all this and care for your hair well, besides taking very good care of your scalp to promote any growth you can there isn't much you can do.

Tosca
June 6th, 2017, 12:18 AM
Unless you have a nutritional deficiency (not enough protein, vitamins etc. Can also be caused by food intolerances interfering with normal digestion), hormonal imbalance (eg PCOS) or other health issue (like a thyroid problem), not really. Some medications can cause thinning of the hair as a side effect, but I personally wouldn't change meds solely to thicken my hair unless the thinning was extreme.

Scalp problems (seborrhoeic dermatitis, chemical burns from hair treatments, psoriasis etc) left untreated can also cause thinning, but once the condition is under control your hair usually starts regrowing normally.

Damage from heat, dye and rough treatment can also thin your hair, but that doesn't usually make your hair *grow* thinner, it just makes your hair appear thinner.

ghanima
June 6th, 2017, 01:46 AM
I once took an italian supplement called Bioscalin (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbiosca lin+.TRS0&_nkw=bioscalin+&_sacat=0) (I took the normal green one) (SincroBiogenina, Metionina, Vit.B6, Acido Folico, Zinco, Rame, Olea Europea, Vitis Vinifera, , Selenio,Vitamine C ed E.) after some major shedding caused by using box dyes for a while, and it worked really well. In fact, come to think, I should probably give it another go, as I shed a lot last autumn.

lapushka
June 6th, 2017, 02:11 AM
I once took an italian supplement called Bioscalin (http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_trksid=p2380057.m570.l1313.TR1.TRC0.A0.H0.Xbiosca lin+.TRS0&_nkw=bioscalin+&_sacat=0) (I took the normal green one) (SincroBiogenina, Metionina, Vit.B6, Acido Folico, Zinco, Rame, Olea Europea, Vitis Vinifera, , Selenio,Vitamine C ed E.) after some major shedding caused by using box dyes for a while, and it worked really well. In fact, come to think, I should probably give it another go, as I shed a lot last autumn.

Hmm, I thought it was a Swiss supplement... I could be mistaken, though. When I was 13/14, I had the Bioscalin lotion (this is 30 years ago), because due to hormonal changes my hair was coming out in clumps (bald patches). I also took a supplement called Pilfood. It grew back in more wavy. *Poof* from that moment on. LOL. Thankfully about a year to 2 later I had recovered.