PDA

View Full Version : "Wet" brushes?

Kitty-Zen
June 5th, 2017, 02:24 PM
I bought one about a year ago and at first I loved it! But now I think it's causing too much of my hair to pull out. It's not particularly damaged and I clean it before and after using but I'm starting to think it's doing more harm than good. Could changing my product regimen (using more natural Lush stuff now, last year I used herbal essences and a generic brand version of John Frida pretty often) cause that kind of a difference or is it likely that my brush is just spent?

diddiedaisy
June 5th, 2017, 02:52 PM
I use wet brushes, my oldest one is over a year old and the bristles have gone a bit softer. It still works as well though. You may find that your new products are less moisturising or leave less slip in your hair.

Also, I don't think most lush products are natural. I'm not an expert on lush but when I was looking to change to natural shampoo bars I discounted lush because of all the sulphates etc that they use.

If you have any of your old products left, go back to them just to test your hair. That's the easiest way to find out. Good luck :)

lapushka
June 5th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I bought one about a year ago and at first I loved it! But now I think it's causing too much of my hair to pull out. It's not particularly damaged and I clean it before and after using but I'm starting to think it's doing more harm than good. Could changing my product regimen (using more natural Lush stuff now, last year I used herbal essences and a generic brand version of John Frida pretty often) cause that kind of a difference or is it likely that my brush is just spent?

Maybe it's not your brush. Lush is well-known for not only being full of sulfates, but it contains even more harsh sulfates than regular shampoos do. They aren't that "natural" as you may think. Now, I have nothing against sulfates, but Lush overdoes it.

Kitty-Zen
June 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Thanks for the info! Yeesh not sure what I should do for conditioner, it's been causing a few problems but seems to have some benefit too, mostly in terms of softness but at the cost of retaining a ton of moisture for extended periods. I was thinking using coconut oil again could help with at least the detangling aspect.

EssentialJo
June 5th, 2017, 07:49 PM

I eyed the Wet Brush for some time and read a LOT of great reviews on it. When I saw one at Target, I felt the root of the bristles and felt some sharp 'hooks' at the base of many of them. I put the brush back. I couldn't chance it.

Groovy Granny
June 5th, 2017, 08:44 PM
I have the 'speed dry' version and the BBB version, have had no problems with hair snapping or catching, and have felt no sharp bristles that a few others have reported.

I LOVE them so much I got 2 of each to have them handy in the bedroom and bath, and just in case one breaks :love:

I would look at the products you are using, and the amount of manipulation before ditching the brush.
It is natural to lose up to 100 hairs per day, and the longer it gets the greater the amount appears to be.