PDA

View Full Version : Washing Hair with Coca Cola?!?!?!?!

likelikepenny
June 4th, 2017, 10:49 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9gghkV85ks

shudder:

Nymphe
June 4th, 2017, 11:01 AM
Just no... If she would stop relaxing her hair, she would have "cute coils like the Black American girls."

marvel-lover
June 4th, 2017, 11:05 AM
If Coca Cola can erode your teeth, imagine what it's doing to your poor hair!

MidnightMoon
June 4th, 2017, 11:45 AM
xD I'm sorry but this video is just too funny. Starting by how she addresses the viewers - I feel like she's my crazy friend talking to me like I'm just sitting there. Then she proceeds to "wash" her hair, but she keeps pouring it in the exact same spot and it just glides over her underlayer. I don't see it actually getting to most of the hair.
At first I thought the result was the hair she has first and at the end of the video, which looked stiff and weird, but I just thought that might be a coca cola thing, since it's so sugary.
Anyhow... I don't see how using it once could be wrong, it doesn't sound like a big deal. But what a mess to leave that on. I'd be sticky by the end of it, and there's no way I'm not rinsing that.
Bottom line: I'd rather drink it. I like coca cola and like it best not on my hair ha ha.

MidnightMoon
June 4th, 2017, 11:48 AM
By the way, where is she from? I can't tell by her accent.

Wavelength
June 4th, 2017, 11:50 AM
I can't imagine any situation where this would be a good idea. :scared:

enting
June 4th, 2017, 01:54 PM
I can't imagine it is much worse than a lemon juice or vinegar rinse that you leave in.
That said, the way she's tugging at her hair to demonstrate how not coily it is would leave my barely 3 hair a frizzy mess. I may have also winced at the squeezing it out of her hair. If it were me I would have squished it out, curlygirl style. I guess she didn't want her hair totally dripping with it?

MidnightMoon I actually had expected her to immerse her hair in the bowl at some point. I could also see it not penetrating at all.

Hairkay
June 4th, 2017, 02:10 PM
I wouldn't even drink that far less that putting it in my hair.

Oh and a I had a quick look at the other thumbnails of the videos she's made, skin lighteners, lip lighteners, teeth plaque removers etc. They all look shifty.

As Nymphe said she'd have her natural coils if she just let her hair grow naturally.

Cherriezzzzz
June 4th, 2017, 02:10 PM
I can't imagine it is much worse than a lemon juice or vinegar rinse that you leave in.
That said, the way she's tugging at her hair to demonstrate how not coily it is would leave my barely 3 hair a frizzy mess. I may have also winced at the squeezing it out of her hair. If it were me I would have squish it out, curlygirl style. I guess she didn't want her hair totally dripping with it?

MidnightMoon I actually had expected her to immerse her hair in the bowl at some point. I could also see it not penetrating at all.

At least vinegar and lemon juice are natural? LoL I cannot bear to watch the video reading the remarks. I don't want her video getting lots of clicks! Trying to bit encourage this?! But it still made me really laugh!

MidnightMoon
June 4th, 2017, 02:19 PM
That said, the way she's tugging at her hair to demonstrate how not coily it is would leave my barely 3 hair a frizzy mess. I may have also winced at the squeezing it out of her hair. If it were me I would have squish it out, curlygirl style. I guess she didn't want her hair totally dripping with it?

Right? xD
I thought the same thing. What's the point of the bowl, then? It still wets everything outside.

amiraaah
June 4th, 2017, 06:15 PM
don't call me crazy but i tried this once and caused a mess my hair smelled weird and was very dryy :rolleyes:

Garnetgem
June 4th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I cannot imagine ever trying anything like it...a sticky mess comes to mind!

amiraaah
June 4th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Garnetgem don't try this it's so bad.

Garnetgem
June 4th, 2017, 09:01 PM
Garnetgem don't try this it's so bad.

I sure wont it sounds awful..

Sarahlabyrinth
June 4th, 2017, 11:15 PM
ER...no thanks :p

Borgessa
June 5th, 2017, 12:47 AM
LOL I love how she says look at these curls, and it looks a hot mess. But she acting like its come out perfect. Like we can't see it looks worse than before she started. I swear some people will believe any ole thing. All that sugar in my hair, no thanks lol.

Edited to add, I just read this in the comments lol... I giggled.

just saw the final result. She should have mixed it with some rum. Now THAT would be the BOMB!

H o n є y ❤
June 5th, 2017, 03:45 AM
I swear people will put anything their hair...

ghanima
June 6th, 2017, 02:44 AM
lol indeed... I once rinsed them with beer... it wasn't too bad, in fact they were very shiny, but it felt too awkward

MidnightMoon
June 6th, 2017, 03:32 AM
lol indeed... I once rinsed them with beer... it wasn't too bad, in fact they were very shiny, but it felt too awkward

I've been recommended washing with beer too, lol. Not leaving it to dry, but using after you condition, and then rinse :p

YvetteVarie
June 6th, 2017, 04:44 AM
There is a myth widely circulating in my home country that washing your hair with Coca-Cola or (Insert any weird item here e.g. laundry detergent) will help relaxed hair revert to natural hair. Her accent sounds West African, I think she's from Ghana or Nigeria

MidnightMoon
June 6th, 2017, 05:28 AM
There is a myth widely circulating in my home country that washing your hair with Coca-Cola or (Insert any weird item here e.g. laundry detergent) will help relaxed hair revert to natural hair. Her accent sounds West African, I think she's from Ghana or Nigeria

Oh wow. Detergent :poot:
I understand how frustrating it can be dealing with hair that's not in the best condition or doesn't look how we want it right away, but that's a bit too much, even for someone desperate.
Thanks for replying about her accent. I am always curious about things like that, but my knowledge of how English sounds around the world is quite limited.

mermaid lullaby
June 6th, 2017, 09:14 AM

Thank you for clarifying yvette :)
I can relate and say we have our own myths too. My area believes that blue-green algae from the lake can makes you live longer by drinking it and keeps you looking younger. :crazyq:

Garnetgem
June 6th, 2017, 10:01 AM
The strangest things i have washed my hair with is washing up liquid(type for dishes) and hand wash too only when desperate that is..as for coca cola no way!

Mrstran
June 8th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Won't that take paint off a car? Eh, acidic things I'm afraid to get near my hair. Or actually anything that has the potential to burn anything as well. Even Tea tree is now out do to a skin burn mishaps. (before any rants come lol, let it be known, I know what I did wrong) Even diluted, Nope!

I'd say, Coca Cola.. bad idea just based on what I know of what it does to car paint and teeth as well.

ETA I do love how shiny her lace front wig is at the end of the video!

samanthaa
June 8th, 2017, 09:39 AM
Thanks for replying about her accent. I am always curious about things like that, but my knowledge of how English sounds around the world is quite limited.

I took a look at her website. Yes, she's from Nigeria!

Hairkay
June 8th, 2017, 10:38 AM

I think in this case she's better off ignoring such a myth. It's much simpler and effective to just grow out a relaxer. It's easiest with shorter hair which she has. Even if she shaved the whole lot off she'd most likely have regrown it back in about a year. Too many of her tips seem to be about ruining her lovely skin and hair.

mistythebandit
June 24th, 2017, 04:45 PM
Not something I'd want to try, that stuff rots your teeth!