PDA

View Full Version : What in the world, is The Order Of The Long Haired Knights?

Ondine11
May 29th, 2017, 01:49 PM
Sorry if this is a Noob question, but, I haven't found a thread explaining it. Many members mention it in their signatures. What does it mean?

akurah
May 29th, 2017, 02:06 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222

Cherriezzzzz
May 29th, 2017, 02:41 PM
I'm so glad someone asked LoL

wo
May 29th, 2017, 03:15 PM
The title of this made me laugh so hard. 😁 I can't explain it, but reading that made me feel like what if a new person thought it was a serious underground organization across the world with some nefarious purpose.

lottiealice
May 29th, 2017, 03:36 PM
http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=222

I can't access the thread for some reason, am curious too.

lapushka
May 29th, 2017, 04:08 PM
I can't access the thread for some reason, am curious too.

I think you need to get to 25 post first. Permission issue probably. Read the sticky on permissions in the newbie section. :flower:

PixieP
May 29th, 2017, 05:29 PM
For those of you who cannot access the thread yet:

It's just a fun thread with a bit of roleplay/playacting in the off topic forums, where you can ask for a senior member (it's usually Nightshade) to give you a title. Or you can just choose one for yourself too! In the thread you type in a fake shakespereaen-way (and thus we all looketh like right fools! I sayeth to thee, join in on these frivolous activites whilst you waitheth for thine luscious locks to groweth long) and it's all just in good fun.

Seeshami
May 29th, 2017, 05:55 PM
:rollin: Complete and utter ridiculosity. :rollin: You should join it :thumbsup:

I can't even remember my title. ...... :rollin:

Ondine11
May 29th, 2017, 08:31 PM
The title of this made me laugh so hard. �� I can't explain it, but reading that made me feel like what if a new person thought it was a serious underground organization across the world with some nefarious purpose.

HAHAHA!!! The thought DID cross my mind the first few times I saw it. I pictured fearless knights galloping through the dark of night, rescuing damsels in distress over bad hair days, botched bleach jobs & buns that just won't stay in, etc.

Then, I Googled it to see if it was one of those online gamer things, but, some of these knights didn't strike me as gaming types! Plus, what would the game consist of: avoiding getting your tresses caught in various obstacles? What would you win: 3" instant hair growth for your Avatar? Deep conditioner points?

The truth is almost as funny as these scenarios. Well, goest & figure!

lottiealice
May 29th, 2017, 08:54 PM
For those of you who cannot access the thread yet:

It's just a fun thread with a bit of roleplay/playacting in the off topic forums, where you can ask for a senior member (it's usually Nightshade) to give you a title. Or you can just choose one for yourself too! In the thread you type in a fake shakespereaen-way (and thus we all looketh like right fools! I sayeth to thee, join in on these frivolous activites whilst you waitheth for thine luscious locks to groweth long) and it's all just in good fun.

Honestly, that sounds hilarious and like great fun! :p

Serimel
May 29th, 2017, 09:35 PM
HAHAHA!!! The thought DID cross my mind the first few times I saw it. I pictured fearless knights galloping through the dark of night, rescuing damsels in distress over bad hair days, botched bleach jobs & buns that just won't stay in, etc.

Then, I Googled it to see if it was one of those online gamer things, but, some of these knights didn't strike me as gaming types! Plus, what would the game consist of: avoiding getting your tresses caught in various obstacles? What would you win: 3" instant hair growth for your Avatar? Deep conditioner points?

Any coders in this forum? I would want to play this game, 3" instant growth yaaass! :D hahahah

Stormynights
May 29th, 2017, 11:40 PM
Thy hair will groweth longer if thou art a fathful member but if ye faileth to carry out your duties in the sacred care of thy sacred locks thy hair will rebel and cease to grow long and healthy.

mira-chan
May 30th, 2017, 06:45 AM

Not too far off truth, except the fingers gallop across the keyboard! :lol: Sounds like the Mane forum "Help!" threads.

MakeupMornings
May 30th, 2017, 10:10 AM
Finally.. I've always wondered!! Haha! :shrug:

parallellines
May 30th, 2017, 10:33 AM
I'm here for the deep conditioner points :happydance:

languagenut
May 30th, 2017, 11:49 AM
Any coders in this forum? I would want to play this game, 3" instant growth yaaass! :D hahahah

I'm working on it (being a coder that is, not the game as of yet); I've learned basic JavaScript and am pondering what I should learn next. Making a Long Haired Knights game sounds like fun :D.

Trouble is, I don't have anything for testing programs, besides my web browser, so I've been stuck writing in JavaScript and then adapting it into an html file so I can see what I did. I don't think that would get me very far in serious game coding :-/.

irisa2005
May 30th, 2017, 11:57 AM
Haha... thanks for this post, this is the kind of question I did not dare to ask :D

Ondine11
May 30th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Sounds like it is time to cobble together a game! Deep conditioner points are starting to sound mighty tempting. I'm going to run off & get dubbed a knight..I bid the farewell!

lunasea
May 30th, 2017, 08:43 PM
Soothe would it be a game where the hair doest all the action while the characters standith still. Sorta like ninja hair?

Obviously I haven't mastered Shakespearean English at all :rollin:

neko_kawaii
May 30th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Speaking of games, there is always this one. . .http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126500

languagenut
May 31st, 2017, 02:28 AM
Speaking of games, there is always this one. . .http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=126500

Strange... very strange.

>_>

<_<

Another reason for me to remain an old maid; I have too much hair as it is. But now I want to learn to play D&D (would that help or hinder my remaining an old maid? Yeah, it's too late at night for me)...

Kat
May 31st, 2017, 08:45 AM
How many years have I been here and I never came across that thread?? I just thought it was a funny thing people did; didn't know there was anything behind it, lol.

akurah
May 31st, 2017, 10:15 AM
I'm working on it (being a coder that is, not the game as of yet); I've learned basic JavaScript and am pondering what I should learn next. Making a Long Haired Knights game sounds like fun :D.

Trouble is, I don't have anything for testing programs, besides my web browser, so I've been stuck writing in JavaScript and then adapting it into an html file so I can see what I did. I don't think that would get me very far in serious game coding :-/.

Does JavaScript not have an IDE?

languagenut
May 31st, 2017, 03:20 PM
Does JavaScript not have an IDE?

There are several available, but it's hard to find anything that supports Windows XP (I can't really afford a new computer, and this one still works, so...). And, because of the same lack of funds, I'm looking for something free. My Google search hasn't turned up anything satisfactory so far. But maybe I can make the amazing game in a webpage, and then we can all play it online XD. But I'd have to learn quite a bit more coding for that, so it would be a while before it would be available to play. :shrug:

Wreckinbelle
June 1st, 2017, 09:31 AM

I love that you googled it! :)

LinzDigital
August 3rd, 2017, 12:06 AM
Man... I've been googling this for the last 20 minutes. :D thanks for putting a newbie-accessible explaino out there! I can finally sleep.

MusicalSpoons
August 3rd, 2017, 07:38 AM
I am so glad you asked this, Ondine11! I don't have permission to view the off-topic boards etc. yet so thank you PixieP for explaining.

I pictured fearless knights galloping through the dark of night, rescuing damsels in distress over bad hair days, botched bleach jobs & buns that just won't stay in, etc.
...:scissors:...
Plus, what would the game consist of: avoiding getting your tresses caught in various obstacles? What would you win: 3" instant hair growth for your Avatar? Deep conditioner points?

HAHA! :laugh: That could be an awesome game - you have to solve the challenges (hairtyping them first, obviously, so you know where to start), then earn a variety of rewards such as a hairtoy of your choice, [your avatar] finally being able to do that hairstyle you just couldn't get to stay before, the perfect shampoo/conditioner for your [avatar's] hair. etc.! ;)

MusicalSpoons
August 3rd, 2017, 07:47 AM
Oops, completely missed there was a third page before I posted to the thread :doh:

There are several available, but it's hard to find anything that supports Windows XP (I can't really afford a new computer, and this one still works, so...). And, because of the same lack of funds, I'm looking for something free. My Google search hasn't turned up anything satisfactory so far. But maybe I can make the amazing game in a webpage, and then we can all play it online XD. But I'd have to learn quite a bit more coding for that, so it would be a while before it would be available to play. :shrug:
I'm sure if you ever did get to do it, we would be happy to wait patiently! And for those of us with the 'not long enough' bug, while we wait, maybe our hair will grow as long as we want our avatar to have! :bounce:

peachyleshy
August 3rd, 2017, 06:08 PM
Thank you so much for asking! I've always wondered this myself! I've also thought of what my knighted name could be... :)

DesertUnicorn
August 5th, 2017, 03:53 PM
I'm so glad someone asked this and that someone else just bumped it back up. When I came here, I saw one of those titles in magicatt's signature and wondered what on earth it was about, and I thought I'd probably never know. Then in the last couple of days I've seen those in other people's signatures and was so curious! i can't wait until I have enough posts to read that thread! :-)

DesertUnicorn
August 5th, 2017, 04:05 PM
I am so glad you asked this, Ondine11! I don't have permission to view the off-topic boards etc. yet so thank you PixieP for explaining.

HAHA! :laugh: That could be an awesome game - you have to solve the challenges (hairtyping them first, obviously, so you know where to start), then earn a variety of rewards such as a hairtoy of your choice, [your avatar] finally being able to do that hairstyle you just couldn't get to stay before, the perfect shampoo/conditioner for your [avatar's] hair. etc.! ;)

I can see you rolling odd-shaped dice to set the power of your various attributes. Weaponry of a +4 pointy hair stick and a flame thrower made from +6 hold hairspray... :rolleyes:

Anastasia Hope
June 14th, 2018, 02:38 AM
I've been wondering this for so long! Thanks for asking