PDA

View Full Version : does white hair grow faster? Random hair question.

Elvi28
May 29th, 2017, 07:18 AM
I have a question. I found my first gray hair two months ago and I plucked it lol. Anyways,. It's super hidden so I'm not worried at all.simce I last dyed my hair(a month and a half) it grown back. When I measured the white part it was about an inch long. I don't see my other hair growing that fast. Is it because white hairs grow faster than all the others?

Arctic
May 29th, 2017, 07:37 AM
How do you know it's the same hair? :p Maybe it has some friends! :D

To answer you question, I guess it's possible this one hair grows faster, many people have unevenly growing hair (=some hairs grow faster than others). But it is not a universal rule to have unpigmented hairs grow faster than pigmented hairs, mine doesn't for example.

You know I wouldn't pull out hairs, it can lead to obsession (there is even condition called trichotillomania, where people feel strong need to pull out hairs) and it can lead to thinning, bald patches and what's worst, it can damage the hair follicles permanently.

lapushka
May 29th, 2017, 08:34 AM
I have a question. I found my first gray hair two months ago and I plucked it lol. Anyways,. It's super hidden so I'm not worried at all.simce I last dyed my hair(a month and a half) it grown back. When I measured the white part it was about an inch long. I don't see my other hair growing that fast. Is it because white hairs grow faster than all the others?

It may not be the same hair. I'd stop plucking though. What are you going to do when there's 5 or 10 of them. Pluck them all? If you really can't stand them, I would choose dye over plucking, just my 2cts.

MotherofJames
May 29th, 2017, 08:51 AM
What a great question ! I'm interested to see what others say . Im 35 and been gray for a long time now, but I never plucked. They do seem to grow faster though! Haha or maybe just because I notice them more :p

pamrlyn
May 29th, 2017, 09:08 AM

well, my longest hairs are not white ones. so I'm thinking they have the same growth rate on my head. But those white hairs are the first ones you see - they stand out form the crowd! :D

Cg
June 1st, 2017, 01:05 PM
My whites grow at exactly the same rate as the pigmented hairs and always have.

Aredhel
June 1st, 2017, 04:06 PM
I doubt it. We have many silver-haired ladies on LHC and I don't recall any of them mentioning that their hair grows faster than average.:)

Nymphe
June 1st, 2017, 04:44 PM
Yes, they can. I pluck the few I have and they come back at a faster growth rate than my pigmented hair, thicker and a totally different texture.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEp4IWBCVP8