PDA

View Full Version : what lengths would you go to to increase your growth?

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 10:56 PM
okay we have the monistat, the head massages, the different essential oils, what is the strangest things you have ever done to get that bit more growth?

me standing on my head! call me crazy i don't care i have been called worse (answers on a postcard!) but i think this would work!:cheese:

come on own up!:p

chrissy-b
March 21st, 2008, 11:32 PM
putting monistat on my head is by far the craziest thing i've done. really...it is.

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 11:55 PM
oh i do that too but it works! a coworker told me to put toothpaste on m hair the other day to help it grow!

AlleyKitten
March 22nd, 2008, 12:56 AM
One time I rubbed a mixture of peppermint essential oil and hydrolyzed wheat protein into my scalp. I'm too lazy too keep up with anything like that though :D I guess the closest thing I do on a regular basis is use froofy hippy shampoo and CO. Hey, maybe scrubbing my scalp upside down for the CO will help it grow! (I can hope, right? ;) )

Buddaphlyy
March 22nd, 2008, 03:15 AM
My mom thinks me sleeping in conditioner is crazy, does that count? Some stuff has intrigued me (MN, cayenne pepper), but I never actually went through with them.

Catladyintown
March 22nd, 2008, 03:26 AM
I tried cayenne pepper and vodka on my scalp and hair. The concoction gave me a terrible hang over.:confused:

suicides_eve
March 22nd, 2008, 06:49 AM
grabbing on you root and pulling LOL basically if you grab and tug on your roots it's suppose to stretch out everything and make the hair grow faster i did it once and felt silly not to mention uncomfortable

alys
March 22nd, 2008, 02:02 PM
I just today read of studys that biologists are conducting to try and learn exactly what 'laws' the hair follicle abides by. Here's an exerpt -
For a long time most research focused on the dead part of hair - on understanding the physics and chemistry of the hair fibre with a view toward designing better shampoos, dyes, and perming agents. But recently the molecular biology revolution has come to the living follicle. In particular, says dermatologist Ralf Paus of the University of Hamburg in Germany, the ability to mutate or knock out certain genes in mice and to see what a mess that makes of their hair has allowed biologists to start picking apart the molecular clockwork that regulates follicle growth - with the ultimate goal of learning how to switch hair growth on and off.

Sooo, to answer the thread title question - HOW DOES GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FOR A 2ND DEGREE IN MICROBIOLOGY SOUND?? JUST TO TRY AND HELP SPEED UP THE DISCOVERY OF HOW TO SPEED UP THE FOLLICLE ACTIVITY?? TOO FAR???

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 02:13 PM
I just today read of studys that biologists are conducting to try and learn exactly what 'laws' the hair follicle abides by. Here's an exerpt -
For a long time most research focused on the dead part of hair - on understanding the physics and chemistry of the hair fibre with a view toward designing better shampoos, dyes, and perming agents. But recently the molecular biology revolution has come to the living follicle. In particular, says dermatologist Ralf Paus of the University of Hamburg in Germany, the ability to mutate or knock out certain genes in mice and to see what a mess that makes of their hair has allowed biologists to start picking apart the molecular clockwork that regulates follicle growth - with the ultimate goal of learning how to switch hair growth on and off.

Sooo, to answer the thread title question - HOW DOES GOING BACK TO SCHOOL FOR A 2ND DEGREE IN MICROBIOLOGY SOUND?? JUST TO TRY AND HELP SPEED UP THE DISCOVERY OF HOW TO SPEED UP THE FOLLICLE ACTIVITY?? TOO FAR???

no thank you, im just about to finish my second degree! just get the answers back to us!!!:shrug:

alys
March 22nd, 2008, 02:19 PM
LOL someday Jojo!

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 02:30 PM
ere another one for you, my daughter says eating fudge.....mmmm.... good idea if it wasnt so fattening!

salamander
March 22nd, 2008, 03:00 PM
The monistat is by far the weirdest thing I've done to my hair. Everyone says it works, though! I'm sure before I tried that I would have told you I'd never do something that odd just for faster growing hair, so I don't really know what lengths I'd go to. I'm not changing from a classicist to a molecular biologist, so clearly there is a limit!

Strongly considering cayenne and maybe castor oil, though. I'd probably develop a horrible allergy from overstressing my scalp. Maybe I'll just go back to regular scalp massages. That's a reasonable behavior, right?

talullah
March 22nd, 2008, 03:16 PM
Massaging cayenne pepper into my scalp. Um, it got in my eyes. :eek: 'Nuff said.

jojo
March 22nd, 2008, 03:50 PM
heck i did that two burns more if you get an itchy bum!! ouch!!

girlcat36
March 22nd, 2008, 04:07 PM
I put Listerine on my scalp. Once. I will never do it again.

nappywomyn
March 22nd, 2008, 04:55 PM
I've used products designed for horses. Cleared for use by humans, but still.

lynnala
March 22nd, 2008, 05:08 PM
I've used products designed for horses. Cleared for use by humans, but still.You must mean the M-T-G. I was just going to post that I have a bottle sitting there, I haven't used it yet, but if I do, it will definitely be the strangest, and smelliest, thing I've used.

nappywomyn
March 22nd, 2008, 08:33 PM
You must mean the M-T-G. I was just going to post that I have a bottle sitting there, I haven't used it yet, but if I do, it will definitely be the strangest, and smelliest, thing I've used.

Actually, no. I think I tried the MTG once, and I hated the smell - and I have a sensitive nose and a husband with an even more sensitive nose, so once was enough.

I'm using Mega-Tex Egyss Rebuilder, actuallly. It's nice smelling, and easy on the hair - can't tell what sort of results I've gotten just yet, but I certainly don't mind using it.

hrimfaxi
March 22nd, 2008, 08:36 PM
I haven't done anything crazy for hair growth... I'm boring. I'd like it if it grew somewhat faster, but I'm disinclined to try to put things on my scalp to make it do so. I'll stick to taking daily multivitamins... and that for more reasons than just my hair.

tiny_teesha
March 22nd, 2008, 09:33 PM
i used to tip my head down to increase blood flow just before i slept.
now all the crazy masks i do is weird....but i want to try monistat or equivalent and that will be the weirdest thing! haha

MadPirateBippy
March 23rd, 2008, 01:13 PM
Filling twenty bottles of Kiwi Lime conditioner with cayenne pepper and asprin mixtures.

That took FOREVER. And if I get it in my eyes it burns like crazy.

spidermom
March 23rd, 2008, 01:26 PM
None. I'm afraid that if I do something to stimulate hair growth, then those stimulated follicles may decide to shed all at once too, and I'll end up with half or more of my hair shedding out.

Elenna
March 23rd, 2008, 01:47 PM
I didn't mind the monistrat, oils, essential oils, baking soda, citric acid, herbs, teas, etc. It's just experimentation.

What I minded was the sticky honey. :rolleyes:

Elenna

Kirin
March 23rd, 2008, 02:44 PM
Staring at my older daughters long lovely blonde hair and wondering if i stare long enough i'll somehow "catch it". LOL don't laugh.

wintersun99
March 23rd, 2008, 03:12 PM

Elenna
March 26th, 2008, 12:17 AM
Still, what I do as a hair routine is plain crazy, but better crazy than lazy. Lotions and potions oh my!

Elenna

ETS I've fallen off the Monistrat bandwagon too.

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 12:35 AM
Staring at my older daughters long lovely blonde hair and wondering if i stare long enough i'll somehow "catch it". LOL don't laugh.

:) ha ha, thats cute:)

jojo
March 26th, 2008, 12:38 AM
some good ones there! ive heard of the vodka and aspirin before but i prefer to drink the vodka and have the aspirin for the hangover!!

Katze
March 26th, 2008, 01:34 AM
I'm not willing to put fungus cream on my head...crazy, but not THAT crazy. I'd rather just encourage my hair's own natural growth without messing with my scalp's chemistry - having had SD, I feel like my scalp's health is fragile anyway. And as Spidermom said, I'd be too afraid of the side effects.

Collecting my shed hairs is probably the weirdest thing I've done. Now I have this huge hair rat - like the size of my hand - that I don't quite know what to do with, and I keep saving hairs, both mine and BF's. That, to my mind, is just plain weird (and much more weird than putting vinegar or honey on my hair, but I'm used to 'alternative' ideas so there you go).

nastasska
March 26th, 2008, 01:37 AM
I'll do pretty much anything to get my hair growinghttp://www.nearlygood.com/smilies/tifa.gif (http://www.nearlygood.com)

Kuchen
March 26th, 2008, 02:06 AM
Nobody mentioned nail rubbing yet?

addikted
March 26th, 2008, 04:52 AM
Nobody mentioned nail rubbing yet?

Kuchen, you just beat me to it! Nail rubbing, I tried that.