PDA

View Full Version : sponsored links?

kimberlily
March 8th, 2008, 09:48 AM
Just a quickie... the sponsored link that shows up under the first post in a thread... does this generate revenue for LHC if you click on it? Because if it does, I'm gonna click every time :)

MusingFrog
March 8th, 2008, 09:59 AM
My guess is yes.

Also, I've noticed that it's not just the first post but also every once in a while one of these shows up as the next post. Is this a permanent thing or will we just have to get used to more adds (I don't really mind them because they are small, but I'd like to know)?

squiggyflop
March 8th, 2008, 10:31 AM
i liked when the adds were at the top.. i was more likely to click them there... now its just an annoyance.. *sigh* i do click on ads pretty often expecially the google ads. but i hate accidentally clicking on an ad. sometimes the ads make it so i cant press back to get to the page i was looking at so i lose my place.... at least our home is slowly coming back... its progress

kimberlily
March 8th, 2008, 02:49 PM
I didn't really notice them when they were at the top, but with them embedded in the thread, I'm more likely to see them.

Kittee
March 8th, 2008, 08:19 PM
Can we donate or something to have an option disable ad's? I hate them so much and find them distracting and intrusive. I know you folks need support to keep the site up and working and I'd be glad to donate, but please give us the option to disable these things. :)

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 08:27 PM
Can we donate or something to have an option disable ad's? I hate them so much and find them distracting and intrusive. I know you folks need support to keep the site up and working and I'd be glad to donate, but please give us the option to disable these things. :)
AdBlock Plus (http://adblockplus.org/en/) is a great utility for that, if you're running the Firefox internet browser.

Kittee
March 8th, 2008, 08:37 PM
Fantastic. Thank you!

Actually that google one must be pretty smart. It keeps poping back up. =P

And the bottom ad currently is flash, so the adblocker doesn't recognize it.

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 08:43 PM
Well, if you right-click, you can set an entire URL not to display, as opposed to a direct link.

Kittee
March 8th, 2008, 08:47 PM
Oh Mighty Snowbear...:bowtome:

snowbear
March 8th, 2008, 08:55 PM
:blushing: You're welcome!