PDA

View Full Version : What vitamins do Ayurvedic herbs contain?

Rose115
May 25th, 2017, 08:45 PM
I have heard that different Ayurvedic herbs contained vitamin E or B vitamins, for example, and that's what makes them so healthy. I just ordered Banyan Botanical's Mental Clarity supplements and I am wondering if it will be vitamin overkill along with 1,000 mg of Fenugreek, a women's multi, and hairfinity. I already plan to drop the hairfinity as soon as I run out (they are expensive and are going to be used) because my multi already has most everything hairfinity does. I know the Mental clarity has Brahmi (Bapoca) and bhringraj. What vitamins, if any, are found in them?

lapushka
May 26th, 2017, 04:31 AM
Sorry, maybe I am clueless, but I have never heard of there being vitamins in ayurvedic herbs. Maybe that's a new trend I don't know about? Also the herbs you are naming are foreign to me. I know the classic indian herbs like aritha, shikakai, etc.

Rose115
May 26th, 2017, 05:45 AM
Perhaps that's why I can not find anything on google about it! Whoever told me there were vitamins in herbs could have been misinformed herself.

Arctic
May 26th, 2017, 05:53 AM
Of course there are vitamins and minerals in herbs. They are plants, plants contain vitamins and minerals. I'm sorry, I can't help you with how much and/or what excatly those plants contain, you'll have to make your own research. And some vitamin content might suffer with the drying process and storage (and it hey have been processed in any other way).

ETA: This link shows nutritional value of fenugreek seeds: http://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/spices-and-herbs/189/2

lapushka
May 26th, 2017, 06:05 AM
Fenugreek, okay. But are there vitamins in things like aritha, and shikakai?

Arctic
May 26th, 2017, 06:09 AM
You'll have to search for them, I don't have the time nor does it really interest me.

Rose115
May 26th, 2017, 08:55 AM
Thank you, Arctic! If the other herbs are similar to fenugreek in nutritional value, they wouldn't have enough to cause much more strain on my kidneys alongside my other vitamins. I would get about as much extra from the food I eat.