PDA

View Full Version : Picture, style, how to?

freznow
October 25th, 2008, 07:21 PM
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/freznow/Romanhair.jpg

Found: here (http://www.whitehallvilla.co.uk/htmlfiles/blog05/blog05_wk2.html)

Any ideas on how exactly that was done? It seems to be braided in thick corn rows to a point, and then after that point the unbraided hair was bunned, and the braids wrapped around it? There may or may not be a hair rat in the bun, though I'm still a bit unsure as to how the bun underneath was wrapped.

Her hair looks quite a bit thicker than mine, but I think I might give it a try just to show my horrid french braiding and see what results :lol:

manderly
October 25th, 2008, 07:35 PM
I think it's exactly as you described. The braids do nothing more than wrap around her bun.

I would just do a plain old cinnabun or something, not really important, just something for the braids to wrap around.

HairColoredHair
October 25th, 2008, 08:40 PM
You could do something like a sock bun under the braids, that would give more 'volume' and you could use less hair to do it. :)

freznow
October 25th, 2008, 08:43 PM
I tried it, ran into a little problem with what to do with the tails of the braids after wrapping them...

I've come to the conclusion that she almost definitely has a hair rat, and that this would be tremendously easier to do on someone else's head.

Here's my attempt:
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k132/freznow/Purple349.jpg

The bun is a bit lower and smaller. And I really didn't know what to do with those braids. I ended up making a bun with all the hair/braids except the topmost one, and then wrapping that one around. Not the prettiest, but I think with a bit of practice (I need to work on a tighter weave for the french braiding - but for me to add such tiny sections as the other pic would be about 2 strands per addition, so oh well) that could be a stunning style.

Gumball
October 25th, 2008, 08:53 PM
I think your attempt turned out great, freznow! You said earlier that it would show off your "horrid french braiding" but I don't think it's horrid at all. Kudos for the great attempt! I don't think much refinement is needed at all.

Isblå
October 25th, 2008, 10:03 PM
hmm... I think it seems that the hair in the picture is MUCH shorter than yours Freznow, I have an idea that I think might work for you. Do the cornrows like you did, then separate the hair you have left to make braids of the same thickness as the braids from the cornrows, then bun all the braids together. I think the result could be fantastic on your hair.

longhairedfairy
October 25th, 2008, 10:07 PM
That's really pretty:) It would be really good for a formal/prom.

CourtneyS
October 26th, 2008, 01:22 AM
Im no expert but I think that looks excellent for a first attempt.

AngelInDisguise
October 26th, 2008, 11:03 AM
I think that she completely braided her her and then wrapped the braids around it...

But your try is definitely a really nice one!

Golden21
October 26th, 2008, 11:24 AM
it almost looks like a braided french twist- it doesn't really look like a bun to me. I think you're right that it would be way easier to do on someone else. It looks complicated.

Peggy E.
October 26th, 2008, 11:46 AM
I think that she completely braided her her and then wrapped the braids around it...

But your try is definitely a really nice one!

That's what I was thinking, too. Beautiful style and your re-enactment is excellent! I don't think I'd even make the attempt....

Xanthippe
October 26th, 2008, 08:32 PM
Your attempt looks fine to me! I think the only difference is that the original one has more cornrows to begin with. I might try this one, it looks nifty! :thumbsup: