PDA

View Full Version : Tangles

freznow
October 25th, 2008, 05:50 PM
Is there anything that's been almost proven to prevent tangles? Are there certain oils that are more able to detangle? Are there oils that do not help detangle? Any routine that you have tried that gives less tangles?

My hair tangles even before I get the comb out of my hair - I'd like to stay natural and cone free but anything's worth less tangles.

Isilme
October 25th, 2008, 05:55 PM
my hair tangles the most when it's dirty and dried out at the ends. No matter how much detangling spray I use it gets a tangled mess. The key to no tangles is clean hair for me:)

Leabhar
October 25th, 2008, 06:00 PM
Ditto on the clean hair. Wearing hair up usually keeps it tangle-free, too.

Have you tried jojoba oil? It's almost cone-like for me, and since I have straight hair, it keeps the hairs from snagging or anything.

If oils don't help, you could try cone-free condishes. Kiss My Face or Aubrey Organics seem to work well for me, but I use gobs and gobs. Not quite as slick as cone condishes, but close enough, especially if I follow with jojoba.

Anlbe
October 26th, 2008, 07:35 AM
I have hair that used to tangle on impact. Seriously - comb out hair, walk across room, tangles back. For me it was a mixture of things.
Oil - jojoba works best for me for detangling, particularly important for me at the nape of the neck. I also use distilled coconut oil to stop the ends knotting, but find it doesn't work so well on my hair further up.
Silk pillow
Using shampoos and conditioners for super dry/damaged hair. I find a conditioner with a little bit of silicone works well for me. To much and my hair starts major breakage but a little bit helps massively with the tangles (I use aveda damage remedy but I know not everyone wants to use their products).

freznow
October 26th, 2008, 10:08 AM
Thanks. You all confirmed what I have been suspecting... I ended up clarifying last night - I don't know why I was dreading it and putting it off so long - and the tangles have significantly improved. :hollie:

I'll find some jojoba, too. I'd been trying to use coconut but it just doesn't like me.

:blossom: