PDA

View Full Version : Collecting shed hair to sell/wear as extensions

esfand
May 21st, 2017, 07:26 AM
The longer my hair grew, the more noticeable my shedding was. I thought I was losing my hair, but it was merely the long length that made the strands more obvious on the floor. For years, I would collect handfuls off the floor to throw away because otherwise they'd get stuck in the vacuum cleaner. I would feel them between my fingers and notice that they were still nice and soft, and thought I probably wouldn't mind using these as extensions. Once in a while I would see the sheer volume of it and wonder if I could just sell them, but never gave it a serious thought.

Now that my hair is waist length and I want to buy nice things for myself, I wondered about selling my hair once it got to my knees. Yet, I didn't want to really part with my hair. As I was picking up loose strands off the floor, I noticed how long they were. Then I wondered if it would be worth the hassle to collect enough strands to build a good long ponytail and then sell that.

The average person sheds 100 strands a day, and the ponytails of hair sold probably have about 70,000 strands in it. Assuming that a person is able to save at least 50 strands a day, it will take 4 years to make the average ponytail to sell. It takes 2 years to grow hair to a sellable length (12 inch), so the wait isn't too bad to sell shed hair, especially considering that you don't have to cut your own hair off. What's even better is if your family members and roommates also contribute to the stash, especially with similar hair types. 4 people collecting hair, even with different shades (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ipbWL-T8Ovg), will quicken the process of making a ponytail. So in a year, maybe the house can buy a new TV with the money.

Has anyone done it before?

Doom
May 21st, 2017, 01:26 PM
I wasn't even aware that anyone would consider buying shed hair.

esfand
May 21st, 2017, 02:14 PM
It's definitely a thing, it's just that you can't label it as Remy hair. I align mine in all the same direction though. If you don't sell it, you can still make your own extensions out of it or even donate it.

I know, it's peculiar but maybe it will turn out to be a good idea. People in the past, like in Europe and Asia, used to do this to make their own extensions and wigs. Anyone else want to give it a shot?

Anje
May 21st, 2017, 02:34 PM
I remember a certain long-term member with ankle length hair collecting all her shed hairs that were longer than a certain length. I think she stuck them to a piece of tape at the root end, and would make braids from them once enough was collected. I don't think she actually did anything with it, but it struck me as a neat way to collect it.

akurah
May 21st, 2017, 02:34 PM
That seems like it would be so, so much work. I'm currently collecting and lining up shed hair to make a strand for strand testing dyes and what. I'm root-aligning so it all goes the same way (fortunately I don't need the bulb to do this, if I run my fingers across the strand tightly I can tell by the sound it makes) and it's TIME CONSUMING.

While I didn't time it, I'm pretty sure this is more than an hour's worth of work:
http://i.imgur.com/Y4bxcr2.jpg

Aredhel
May 21st, 2017, 02:36 PM
I feel like the payoff (especially for selling just shed hairs) for the length of time and meticulous collecting would not be worth it...for me anyway. :shrug: Plus if my hair keeps growing at a steady pace, it would hypothetically be at 60" in 4 years, I would be better off just cutting 15" off of that and donating it (I'd feel really weird about selling my hair). :)

That said, I'm interested and curious to see how it goes for you. :)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 21st, 2017, 02:39 PM
I made my own hairpiece from shed hairs, it took me 9 months to collect enough hair. So you probably could do that, to sell your hair.

http://i1253.photobucket.com/albums/hh582/Sarahlabyrinth/DSCF9118.jpg

bparnell75
May 21st, 2017, 03:15 PM
I have always collected shed hairs, but not in lengths. I just roll it around my pointer finger and collect tubs full of the little curled sections. I then use then to make "rats" or for rolled pompadours. Sometimes I put little small ones in the puffs around my face for height so I do no have to tease the crown sections. I never wear my hair completely flat round my face.

Ondine11
May 21st, 2017, 03:41 PM
Many women in India gather hair from the floor, & their combs & brushes & sell it once they have enough. This is not premium hair, & it sells for less. The cuticles are often not aligned, making the resulting extensions less durable. The best hair is 'Temple' hair. Long-haired women, with hair that has never been dyed, bleached or permed, sacrifice it at the temple (for free, of course). The ponytails are then gathered & sold, earning a fortune for everyone involved, except the poor village women.

European hair sells for a premium, since you can seldom get un-processed long blonde, red or light brown hair. I've even seen it being auctioned! Many women in Russia, Ukraine, Latvia & Estonia sell their hair.

I don't think you can add in hair from other people, since there are huge differences in colour & texture, or sell processed hair. I may be wrong, though.

Aunt Rapunzel
May 21st, 2017, 04:07 PM
I have always collected shed hairs, but not in lengths. I just roll it around my pointer finger and collect tubs full of the little curled sections. I then use then to make "rats" or for rolled pompadours. Sometimes I put little small ones in the puffs around my face for height so I do no have to tease the crown sections. I never wear my hair completely flat round my face.

This is what I've done, too, to make chignon "rats" when my hair was shorter. I never thought to make my own extensions! I shall add this to my "To Do"
list!

esfand
May 22nd, 2017, 02:52 AM
I do the tape method myself. It's easy to find the strands of hair, while showering, on the floor, from the hair brush. It's the arranging and sticking to a tape that takes a while, but it takes me 30 minutes to make a small lock of it.

I made my own hairpiece from shed hairs, it took me 9 months to collect enough hair. So you probably could do that, to sell your hair.

WOW! This gives me hope. I am going to try to collect enough to resemble that. :)

The hair rats sound easier, just collect and clean them and they should be good to go!

sarahthegemini
May 22nd, 2017, 01:38 PM
The very concept of this is creepy to me :-/

Aredhel
May 22nd, 2017, 01:39 PM
How is it creepy? It's just your own hair, it's not like you're collecting someone else's.

sarahthegemini
May 22nd, 2017, 01:40 PM
How is it creepy? It's just your own hair, it's not like you're collecting someone else's.

Because keeping shed hairs is creepy to me. Regardless of whether they are mine or someone else's.

Aredhel
May 22nd, 2017, 01:42 PM

I honestly thought it would take a much longer time to collect enough sheds for a ponytail that thick. Looks really cool! :)

MidnightMoon
May 22nd, 2017, 02:22 PM
I'm uncertain of how I feel towards this. It's a bit weird for me in the sense that I get to see how much hair we actually loose, and that freaks me out a bit. I get it's normal, it's just like I feel I'm losing something, which would eventually turn out to be of a good size.
On the other hand, it would make a great hair piece to use to fill some updos which require too much hair, and I would feel like a lady from yore haha.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2017, 04:00 PM
I honestly thought it would take a much longer time to collect enough sheds for a ponytail that thick. Looks really cool! :)

Thanks! A lot of it is pouf, you know :)

spidermom
May 22nd, 2017, 04:14 PM
Wow - must be the exact opposite personality type as mine because no way, no how would I ever do this. It would be akin to collecting my shed skin cells to make myself a second skin. Horrors!

Andthetalltrees
May 22nd, 2017, 04:20 PM
Wow - must be the exact opposite personality type as mine because no way, no how would I ever do this. It would be akin to collecting my shed skin cells to make myself a second skin. Horrors!

Exactly how I feel xD. I just don't care enough to do something like this.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2017, 05:14 PM

We all are different - it helps make the world a more interesting place :)

Siri
May 22nd, 2017, 05:34 PM
I've saved the "combings" from my hair brush to make foundations for my buns but I don't think I have the patience to do something with the long shed hair. :undecided

Rowdy
May 22nd, 2017, 05:37 PM

If you keep making them over the years it will be so neat to see the color shifting from gold to silver! Like a record of your hair without having to cut any.

Aredhel
May 22nd, 2017, 05:47 PM

Well said, Sarah. :)

spidermom
May 22nd, 2017, 05:51 PM

It does indeed.

OhSuzi
May 22nd, 2017, 05:52 PM
There has been a similar thread to this somewhere and a few people had some really good photos, Sarahlabrinth may have been one of them? With their shed hair made into plaits and pony tails and using them as extensions and clip ins.
There is a part of me that agrees this is slightly creepy and borders horder behaviour, next will be tupper wear boxes of toe nail clippings neatly labled and then all tissues you've ever wiped your nose with etc.
But actually it makes loads of sense!
1. Surely it's ethically better and less creepy to wear your own hair, than hair stolen from a dead russian orphan or god knows where!?
2. The colour and texture is going to match perfectly.
3. If you're saving hairs that fall out, they're not clogging up your vaccume or plug holes.
4. Free hair extensions / hair pieces! maybe just turn a small amount into a plaited head band. It'd be easier to do a really complicated braid on a section of hair-a time efficient perfect braid to thicken up and decorate your hair with any time.
5. You can keep sections to test dyes on.
6. Non commital changes in style e.g. Bleach blond dreads you can just clip in whenever.
7. Paying so much attention to your shed hairs, means you can be aware if you are suddenly shedding loads.
8. Learning a new craft- hair weaving/ wig making.

I have started to keep shed hairs, I only have 5 skinny little sections so far, and my hair is not that long yet. I'm hoping to learn how to tie them together and create my own hair weft so I can make some clip in bangs that will match perfectly. I am a bit worried that if I die and someone just discovers this funny little collection of hairs they will think I was crazy. Am tempted to leave a note explaining why I have them!

Aredhel
May 22nd, 2017, 06:00 PM
Agreed with most of your points OhSuzi, particularly this one:

1. Surely it's ethically better and less creepy to wear your own hair, than hair stolen from a dead russian orphan or god knows where!?

I don't agree with what you said about bordering hoarder behaviour though. If you look up the definition of hoarding:

"Compulsive hoarding, also known as hoarding disorder, is a pattern of behavior that is characterized by excessive acquisition and an inability or unwillingness to discard large quantities of objects that cover the living areas of the home and cause significant distress or impairment."

A few hairs is hardly enough to cause distress or be considered "large quantities of objects", it's like collecting supplies for crafts or keeping scrap bits of cloth to use later... the difference is that this material just fell off of your head.:) I don't think this is comparable to keeping toenail clippings or dirty kleenex... you literally just made a list of how useful shed hairs can be. What are you going to do with dirty toenail clippings and snot rags?:confused:

Babetriz
May 22nd, 2017, 06:20 PM
Given how much money you can sell hair for, and the fact that I need lots of money as a college student, this might be a good way of getting a couple hundred dollars every year or a bit for some hairtoys or something. It's not technically costing me anything, except maybe time, and I have lots of that.

EliseMarie
May 22nd, 2017, 09:35 PM
I've saved the "combings" from my hair brush to make foundations for my buns but I don't think I have the patience to do something with the long shed hair. :undecided

After you collect them, how do you form them into foundations? It is a really great idea!

Also I remember my Mom telling me that she had one of her grandma's braids that she had made from her shed hair and that she wore it to a party in college and lost it. I always thought it was cool how they used to do that (collect shed hairs and make braids to add to their hairstyles)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 22nd, 2017, 10:10 PM
If you keep making them over the years it will be so neat to see the color shifting from gold to silver! Like a record of your hair without having to cut any.

Photographs are quicker :p

sarahthegemini
May 23rd, 2017, 09:05 AM
shudder:

(ten characters)

esfand
May 23rd, 2017, 02:38 PM
My collection is getting bigger lol. My housemates are entertained as well. I'll post pics later when I am not lazy

SnowDancer
May 23rd, 2017, 02:53 PM
I've never thought of this. I used to be a big wearer of extensions. It actually makes more sense to use your own hair rather than someone else's. I probably wouldn't do this because my hair is huge without extensions but I do like the idea. :)

diewassermelone
May 25th, 2017, 04:29 AM
Not sure why I never thought of this, but this is a genius way to make rainbow hair extensions that match my curl pattern! Thankfully I only live with my cat, so there's no one to get grossed out by such a collection. :D

Arctic
May 25th, 2017, 04:40 AM
Not sure why I never thought of this, but this is a genius way to make rainbow hair extensions that match my curl pattern! Thankfully I only live with my cat, so there's no one to get grossed out by such a collection. :D

I think they won't match your curl pattern, as the pattern will be broken and each individual hair will curl in its own, merry way, and not forming clumps together. See Sarah's collected hair. The curls/waves are there but they do't play together with the other hairs meaning there is no pattern. You can probably help the clumbing with styling products and wetting. But since I've never actually seen this done on curly hair, if you ever decide to try, do let us know how it goes. Maybe the hairs will hug eachother and form ringlets after all, it would prove me wrong. :)

diewassermelone
May 25th, 2017, 12:18 PM
I think they won't match your curl pattern, as the pattern will be broken and each individual hair will curl in its own, merry way, and not forming clumps together. See Sarah's collected hair. The curls/waves are there but they do't play together with the other hairs meaning there is no pattern. You can probably help the clumbing with styling products and wetting. But since I've never actually seen this done on curly hair, if you ever decide to try, do let us know how it goes. Maybe the hairs will hug eachother and form ringlets after all, it would prove me wrong. :)

I gave it a quick test, just holding together whatever I had pulled out of my brush, making sure all the strands were going the same direction, and then ran it under some water. Thankfully they did all clump together and formed a nice ringlet which stayed even when dry, but I'm glad you brought that up as I would hate to have carefully saved them all for months, only to find that my idea didn't work.

esfand
May 25th, 2017, 09:19 PM
So I collected for 5 days. Twice from the shower, and picked hair off my combs, my bedsheet, and the floor. I am also wearing a buff and that helps keep all the shed hair in my hair so I can just brush them out when I am collecting. It's like half the width of a 1 clip hair extension, and is glossy and healthy. I wonder how much I'll collect in a year. At the same time, it's freaky thinking "wow I lose this much hair?? How am I not bald yet?"

Sarahlabyrinth
May 25th, 2017, 09:41 PM

It's true that the hairs do not match my natural curl pattern, but since I only ever use it occasionally in an updo, it doesn't have to have any wave. If I want it to wave, I dampen and set it.

OhSuzi
May 26th, 2017, 03:55 AM
What I've noticed is that I actually have many different types of hair as it sheds, thick medium and thin, mostly browny red, but a couple of random black / white ones wavy / straight / curly / tight ringlets and every now and then a random super fine almost 4b/c wiggly hair.

I pick out the longest sheds and put them together give them a quick rinse - they seem to behave the same as the rest of my hair, wavy wurly, but way curlier if given a scrunch or straighter if I dry it straight.

(I was being a bit flippant about verging on horderyness - although if my friends who are not remotely interested in long hair came round and saw them and I said it's ok I'm just keeping bits of me that fall off - to stick back on at a later date, they would probably question my sanity).

esfand
May 28th, 2017, 03:06 AM
So here's a week's worth of collecting shed hair. There's a bit more, but I haven't put it into the collection yet.

http://i66.tinypic.com/14j80mu.jpg

Sarahlabyrinth
May 28th, 2017, 06:03 PM
So here's a week's worth of collecting shed hair. There's a bit more, but I haven't put it into the collection yet.

http://i66.tinypic.com/14j80mu.jpg

That's a good amount for a week! :)

Reyn127
May 30th, 2017, 11:23 AM
This is actually really cool, guys. I originally opened the thread to see if anyone had mentioned making rats (because I've been thinking that might be cool), but after seeing Sarahlabyrinth's actual hairpiece.... Wow! I think I might be convinced to at least start collecting my hairs....

Aredhel
May 30th, 2017, 04:01 PM
This is actually really cool, guys. I originally opened the thread to see if anyone had mentioned making rats (because I've been thinking that might be cool), but after seeing Sarahlabyrinth's actual hairpiece.... Wow! I think I might be convinced to at least start collecting my hairs....

Lol same. When I first commented on this thread, I thought this would be pointless and time-consuming, but Sarah's picture has made me rethink that too... it would not be the worst thing to have wee clip-in braids made from my own hair...:hmm:

Suze
May 30th, 2017, 05:00 PM

Do you use the hairpiece? Why did you make it? Just curious! :popcorn:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 30th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Well, it's fun to have some extra hair to wear in an updo, ya know? I haven't worn it often, but it's a little something extra I can use if I feel like it. Plus it blends perfectly with my own hair :)

Mrstran
May 31st, 2017, 06:50 AM
This is very interesting. I've wondered before if anyone had ever kept sheds for whatever reasons. My initial reaction to this thought was a cringe.
It was a random thought as I have never done it myself, and hadn't planned to.

Though reading the comments here has brought up some good points. I could totally see someone saving their hair to test in preparation for hair dying or applying chemicals. Or ok, extensions.

I have to admit though, I'm still 50/50 on this. A part of me sees the practicality, a part of me says yuck! Lol. So I'm on the fence to be honest. I'd think if I had a friend collecting her hair, it would be a shrug. No big deal, but the idea of touching someone's fallen hair is a different story. It makes my skin crawl. Not everyone, just myself personally.

ETA I'm a excessive hand washer, borderline germaphobe, and neat freak. I imagine this is why I feel how I do.

esfand
July 23rd, 2017, 09:28 PM
So I've been continuing to collect my shed hair, and I got a small ponytail amount, like an inch diameter of 18" hair strands. I washed them and decided to start ventilating them into a mesh wig cap. I am practicing wigmaking (to understand the needs of wigmakers better for my project/experiment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143119)) and ventilating (to knit hair strands onto the wig cap) the strands will help keep track of the hair better instead of having them in a loose bundle that can fly around and get messy/lost.

I think I just came up with a great hobby idea for fellow LHCers... collect your shed hair and ventilate them onto a wig cap, and after enough time, you'll have a high quality wig that you can wear yourself, donate to medical patients, or even sell so you can use the funds on yourself/donate to a cause you believe in. A 100% hand tied, ventilated wig costs $1000+... this is a great way to donate or sell a wig without cutting your own hair off, as you'll shed hair anyway. If you have super long hair, you can even cut your strands into shorter pieces. Whether you have pixie or floor length hair, we still shed the same (or that's how the theory goes).

I got myself a wig ventilating needle (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Ventilating-Holder-and-Needles-Kit-For-DIY-Making-Lace-Wig/351668119970), a wig cap base (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Front-Wig-Cap-for-Wig-Making-Weave-Cap-Elastic-Hair-Net-Size-S-M-L/301972716426) (you can make it yourself but I am new at this so I just bought one), and a pet slicker brush to keep strands organized in (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pet-Puppy-Dog-Cat-Hair-Shedding-Grooming-Trimmer-Fur-Comb-Brush-Slicker-Tool-S-L/142354045360) (and maintain its cuticle correct direction), and a sturdy canvas block mannequin head (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262941715032?var=561945897256).

I'll post pictures later of my (ragtag and low-budget) setup, but I just wanted to talk about this in advance!

Sarahlabyrinth
July 23rd, 2017, 09:34 PM
So I've been continuing to collect my shed hair, and I got a small ponytail amount, like an inch diameter of 18" hair strands. I washed them and decided to start ventilating them into a mesh wig cap. I am practicing wigmaking (to understand the needs of wigmakers better for my project/experiment (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=143119)) and ventilating (to knit hair strands onto the wig cap) the strands will help keep track of the hair better instead of having them in a loose bundle that can fly around and get messy/lost.

I think I just came up with a great hobby idea for fellow LHCers... collect your shed hair and ventilate them onto a wig cap, and after enough time, you'll have a high quality wig that you can wear yourself, donate to medical patients, or even sell so you can use the funds on yourself/donate to a cause you believe in. A 100% hand tied, ventilated wig costs $1000+... this is a great way to donate or sell a wig without cutting your own hair off, as you'll shed hair anyway. If you have super long hair, you can even cut your strands into shorter pieces. Whether you have pixie or floor length hair, we still shed the same (or that's how the theory goes).

I got myself a wig ventilating needle (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Aluminum-Ventilating-Holder-and-Needles-Kit-For-DIY-Making-Lace-Wig/351668119970), a wig cap base (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Lace-Front-Wig-Cap-for-Wig-Making-Weave-Cap-Elastic-Hair-Net-Size-S-M-L/301972716426) (you can make it yourself but I am new at this so I just bought one), and a pet slicker brush to keep strands organized in (http://www.ebay.com/itm/Pet-Puppy-Dog-Cat-Hair-Shedding-Grooming-Trimmer-Fur-Comb-Brush-Slicker-Tool-S-L/142354045360) (and maintain its cuticle correct direction), and a sturdy canvas block mannequin head (http://www.ebay.com/itm/262941715032?var=561945897256).

I'll post pictures later of my (ragtag and low-budget) setup, but I just wanted to talk about this in advance!

Wow, you are going to be busy! Looking forward to updates on how you are doing/difficulties etc. :D

Reyn127
July 23rd, 2017, 09:40 PM
Sounds like quite the project, esfand. How exciting!

I have been saving the majority of my shed hair for nearly two months now. So far it's just in a plastic bag, I haven't quite settled on what to do with it....

leayellena
July 24th, 2017, 03:24 AM
seams like a nice idea but... my hair was never deep conditioned until now but only conditioned when I washed my hair (the haul comes in 2 weeks :) ) so I don“t know how... fragile it is (though I never bleached or dyed my hair), what happens to the split ends (there can be possibly at least 1 split end in 100-200 shed hairs). are my shed hairs ok for a wig?

Suze
July 24th, 2017, 09:06 AM
Wow, that sound awesome esfand! Looking forward to reading your updates.

lithostoic
July 24th, 2017, 10:01 AM
seams like a nice idea but... my hair was never deep conditioned until now but only conditioned when I washed my hair (the haul comes in 2 weeks :) ) so I don“t know how... fragile it is (though I never bleached or dyed my hair), what happens to the split ends (there can be possibly at least 1 split end in 100-200 shed hairs). are my shed hairs ok for a wig?

I don't imagine your hair would be too fragile! It looks nice and strong in your pictures. You could always trim off a split end if you find one :)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is a good idea! Maybe I can make some clip-in extensions!

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 12:15 PM
I do this! I collect it and use it for making rats (which is a horrible name to call anything you put on your head, but!). Then I know the colour will match my hair almost exactly. I don't personally find it creepy (after all, people donate their hair to make wigs for other people who've lost hair due to medical issues; so why should it be any stranger to wear your own hair?), but I do understand that it's a potentially creepy thing (maybe it's perceived as a hoarder type of thing? like collecting toenails or something? I don't know!), so when/if I ever tell anyone, I feel a bit weird. But. Yes. I do this.

I first started collecting hair after doing research on 18th-century wigs, and after visiting Haworth (where the Brontės lived), where they had a display of jewellery that the family had made by braiding their own hair. "There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio . . ." =]

esfand
July 27th, 2017, 12:58 AM
Pictures as promised! This is from days ago. The wig is fuller than the picture now as I kept collecting my hair and adding it to the wig.

https://i.redd.it/qf6zfvl803cz.jpg https://i.redd.it/2nfgk3cc03cz.jpg

I use the slicker brush as the drawing board (where you pull the number of strands out that you want)

I noticed that virgin hair (my hair) is the easiest to work with than the non-virgin old extensions I was given (that I didn't repair yet). No wonder wigmakers prefer virgin. However my hair is notoriously slippery, so idk how the regular person's virgin hair would compare. When I tie the knots, I lose up to 2 inches (usually just an inch) of hair. SO if I work with 10" hair, I'll end up with a 8.5" wig, and that's unstyled. If a stylist trims it to suit a person's face, there goes more inches, leaving us with maybe like 5" wig. So 5" would be lost by the time a wig is customized to frame someone's face.

Sarahlabyrinth
July 27th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Lovely progress! :D

JennyPenny
July 30th, 2017, 04:23 PM
esfand, how long do you think it will take to make a wig using only your shed hair? I think this is a really cool idea.

esfand
July 30th, 2017, 09:59 PM
Hi Jenny, so far I have about 3 month's worth of shed on my wig, and I think for the average person (shedding 80-100 strands a day) it may take about a year to make a wig. Let's say the average wig has 80,000 strands of hair (I really can't find info on this so I made it up), slightly less than the average human head. Say you save 75% of whatever you shed.

80,000 saved strands per wig / (100 strands a day * 30 days a month * 0.75 saved) = 36 months

So 3 years to make a full wig, in theory. But to be honest my wig is already starting to look full and I think it's likely about a year until it's completed. If 4 people contribute to it, more like 3 months. Either way it will take a while, but it's morbidly fascinating to watch the wig "grow".

Reyn127
July 31st, 2017, 06:25 PM
Esfand, can you point me towards some online resources (if you know of any) to find info on wigmaking? This is super interesting....

yahirwaO.o
July 31st, 2017, 08:55 PM
esfand
You have a fantastic and very interesting hair proyect going on!!! :cool:

I hope youll arxhive a nice beautiful wig, personally I would never collect my shed hair (it gives me anixety) however your proyect appels to me so much as an observer.

esfand
August 1st, 2017, 07:19 PM
Esfand, can you point me towards some online resources (if you know of any) to find info on wigmaking? This is super interesting....

It feels like most wigmakers are very guarded about their trade secrets, but Super Wig Maker on youtube has a lot of tutorials. I am also collecting random bits of info on my subreddit: https://www.reddit.com/r/cranialhairprosthesis/

esfand
You have a fantastic and very interesting hair proyect going on!!! :cool:

I hope youll arxhive a nice beautiful wig, personally I would never collect my shed hair (it gives me anixety) however your proyect appels to me so much as an observer.

Thank you! Yes, it is also morbid fascination for non-collectors as well.