PDA

View Full Version : Help a Guy out?

Abider74
May 19th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Id guess I'm a 2bfi and Im ready to chop off all 24" because of all this frizz.... I've tried tons of products... cold/hot water, hard/soft water, tshirt/towel and nothing seems to work, or works one time and not the next with no rhyme or reason... I want to fight the frizz but I dont need volume. Id like to have chunky waves with no flyaways... any2 help?

Anje
May 19th, 2017, 02:40 PM
Have you tried any leave-ins yet?

If your hair is fairly wavy and you want more definition and less frizz, I think your best bet is to get some sort of leave-in (I'd start with gel, but you might just want to only half rinse out your conditioner). Wrap hair in a tshirt til it isn't totally drippy (but don't scrub, try not to disturb it from being all clumped up from being wet), then apply a good blob of gel through the hair, just fingercombing enough to get it distributed. Then leave it alone to dry. If it's crunchy and looks wet after it's dry, you can squeeze the hair enough to make it not-crunchy, but don't actually comb or brush it. See what you think.

lapushka
May 19th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Your stats say 1b, and you say you're 2b?

Honestly, 2b frizz is pretty controllable. Maybe look into the LOC/LCO method. The link is in my signature (saves me from copy/pasting the URL every time). It consists of a leave-in, some serum and a gel. If you like the look of wet hair, maybe look into a wet gel?

Cherriezzzzz
May 19th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Redken brand hair styling cream in their "soft" line. It has zero crunch, no volume, and no frizz. You'll Have to experiment though on how much to use bc it could look greasy. It's powerful. It also doesn't smell uber feminine ;)

Sarahlabyrinth
May 19th, 2017, 07:20 PM
Also try Lapushka's rinse-out oil method, too. You'll find a way to control the frizz!

akurah
May 19th, 2017, 07:31 PM
How regularly do you wash?

My hair is crazy poofy until about day 2 after wash. Though, saying it like that can be confusing, so to be clearer--if I wash monday, my hair on monday AND tuesday is crazy fluffy and frizzy, my hair on wednesday until next wash is great.

If you haven't done so already, I suggest keeping a product journal in a notebook or text file or something.
Something like this for the notebook:
If it works, note as such. If it stops working, also note as such, but don't put it on the "never try again" list right away. Switch to something else for a little bit.
If something doesn't work, put it on a "don't try again" list

I have 1c hair that fancies itself 2a (it dreams, but unless I chop off to about BSL, maybe armpit, it ain't happening). If I do put something on it, I will either put on it mousse, or aloe vera gel. I use Tressemme mousse but I would have to go home and into my bathroom to say which one. I use just regular old aloe vera gel (not the sunburn kind).

SunnyRose
May 19th, 2017, 09:14 PM
Have you tried a hair serum? What works for my frizz is using a little bit of a "smoothing" or "shine" serum after washing. The serum I really like is Light Elements Smoothing Fluid Lotion by Aveda. It tames the frizz and adds shine to my hair. The scent is like rosemary and mint. Very fresh smelling. Maybe it or something like it will work for you? (If you haven't tried something like that...) Or maybe try a leave in cream. Just apply a tiny bit to smooth out any fly aways. The brand kiehl's has a lot of leave in creams you could check out. The brand's scents are very androgynous and fresh as well.

pailin
May 19th, 2017, 09:48 PM
Maybe a picture would be helpful. And describe exactly what you're using in your hair already and what you do to it.

Entangled
May 19th, 2017, 09:54 PM
How do you handle your hair? Do you brush it? Comb it? Wet or dry? Brushing tends to break up clumps in wavy and curly hair and make frizz, so many wavies and curlies find success in only (gently) combing in the shower or by finger combing.

Simsy
May 20th, 2017, 01:47 AM
Just another option...could you be a curly is desperate need of more moisture? Curls are naturally drier than straight/wavy hair and they tend to frizz heavily when they aren't getting enough moisture.

esfand
May 20th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Moisturizing shampoo, leave a good conditioner in for 3-10 minutes, and then use a leave in with a bit of petroleum jelly or mineral oil in it. I use Softee Indian Hemp or Blue Magic to keep moisture locked into my hair.

EdG
May 20th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Another option is to put your hair up in a bun and forget about it. That works for a lot of people here.
Ed