PDA

View Full Version : One year at LHC (with a few pictures)!

chloeishere
October 25th, 2008, 05:09 PM
Hello all! It’s been a wonderful year at LHC, and I want to thank all of you who make this such a fantastic community. LHC has really made some big changes in my life, and I am grateful for all of them!

It might be faster to list the LHC fads that I haven’t tried :p, but I’ll try and list the ones that I have.

Methods that I still use:
Washing with Dairy Whip (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=12997)
‘Cone-free (a mix of heavy and light conditioners, like VO5 calming chamomile mixed with GVP Conditioning Balm)
Camellia oil (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=456)as a leave-in (I use Camellia sinesis)
Heavy overnight oilings (Dabur Vatika oil is the most common)
Cassia (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=406) (I use the cheap, medical grade stuff)!
Henna ‘N’ Placenta protein treatments
Daily vitamins: multivitamin, MSM (1000 mg), Vitamin C
No brushing-- just combing (with a horn or wood comb)

Methods that I tried and didn’t work for me:
Shampoo bars (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=4) (too harsh {Prairieland Herb}, too greasy {Serpentine Hair}, or, eventually, too difficult for consistent results {Chagrin Valley})
CO (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/vbjournal.php?do=article&articleid=18) (happy hair, miserable scalp)
C-COW-C (greasy, miserable scalp and hair
‘Cones (limp hair, need to wash more often)
Biotin (caused massive breakouts)
Monistat (worked for a while, then it was just too much bother)

Other things from LHC:
Diva Cup (I’d been using one for over a year before LHC, but it was fabulous to find a community that wasn’t revolted by them)
Larger gauge piercings and goddess spirals
Kariza wrap dresses
OCM (oil cleaning method for face—I tried it, but it didn’t work for me)
Callanetics (though I’m off the wagon)
Natural skin care

I’ve also acquired an ever-increasing hairtoy addiction. :D My latest obsession is Quattro forks and sticks. I wear my hair up a lot, which has also been really good for it (and keeps it from getting caught in my safety goggles in labs!).

Well, I know why you guys are really here… here’s the pictures!

These aren’t too flattering, but it shows the length increase from last year to this year, since they are in the same pose.
October 26, 2007 -----> October 25, 2008
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/Oct262007.jpg http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/Oct252008.jpg

Here’s a nicer-looking picture also from today.
http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k152/chloeishere/Oct252008flash.jpg

My hair length went from 16 inches long last October (I joined the 17th, but didn’t actually take a hair shot until the 26th) to 23.5 inches (measured wet, for consistency) today. In terms of body markers, that means it went from mid neck to an inch and change away from BSL.

LHC has been the best thing that’s ever happened to my hair—I’ve never been much for blow-drying, flat ironing, or dying, but I still didn’t know how to take care of it so it would look good without all that junk. I feel like I have pretty, envy-worthy hair now, and I’m so pleased to have “met” so many amazing people through this site. So thank you, LHC!

Vitalai
October 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
Congratulations on your anniversary! Your hair is so beautiful! It looks so soft and the color is very lovely.

Speckla
October 25th, 2008, 05:22 PM
wow that's a lovely!!
________
MAZDASPEED3 SPECIFICATIONS (http://www.ford-wiki.com/wiki/Mazdaspeed3)

fleurdelis
October 25th, 2008, 05:23 PM
Wow, looks soo much longer nad the color in last picture is just stunning.

WritingPrincess
October 25th, 2008, 05:24 PM
Congratulations, Chloeishere! Your hair is so shiny and you are well on your way to tailbone.

yogachic
October 25th, 2008, 05:26 PM
Congratulations on your 1 Year Anniversary, discovering so many new great things, and to your increase in length.

ImmortaLamia
October 25th, 2008, 05:30 PM
Congrats on your progression! it looks great, almost delicious i say the color looks like dark honey and makes me wanna eat it :D

NeilTheFuzz
October 25th, 2008, 05:33 PM
It never stops amazing me how much of a difference the influence of the LHC makes to peoples hair! I have to say a massive well done for your hair. It's lovely.

EvaSimone
October 25th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Your hair color is really lovely! It's not quite red but not quite blond, very intriguing.

Also congrats on your growth! You've grown so much and it looks so healthy.

:flower:

Elphie
October 25th, 2008, 05:38 PM
Wow, you've had some great growth this year! It looks lovely!

Golden21
October 25th, 2008, 06:02 PM
Wow, great growth, your hair looks so healthy.

DecafJane
October 25th, 2008, 06:04 PM
Wow, you have had so much growth, and your hair looks fantastic! Congratulations! :D

mellie
October 25th, 2008, 06:05 PM
Happy Anniversary!!! Your hair is looking gorgeous and your length is so pretty!! It's been wonderful meeting you here! :-)

Leabhar
October 25th, 2008, 06:06 PM
Congrats! Lovely color on the last pic.

Addy
October 25th, 2008, 06:32 PM
Your hair has grown so much! I'm in awe! Congratulations! :heart:

HairyCarrie
October 25th, 2008, 06:39 PM
Your hair is an inspiration to me because I am at 15 inches and would be happy to have the same inches of growth as you had in one year.

Gorgeous hair and best wishes on your continued hair growing journey.

Carrie.

NurseMama
October 25th, 2008, 07:13 PM
Your hair is beautiful! Congrats on hitting the one year mark!

I have to ask, where do you get the cheap medical grade cassia that you mentioned?

chloeishere
October 25th, 2008, 07:22 PM
Many thanks for the kind comments, Vitalai, Speckla, WritingPrincess, yogachic, ImmortaLamia, NeilTheFuzz, EvaSimone, Elphie, Golden21, DecafJane, Mellie, Leabhar, Addy, and HairyCarrie.

ImmortaLamia-- I can assure you, it may be colored like honey, but it's gotten in my mouth a few times, and it definitely does not taste like honey! Blech!

NeilTheFuzz-- Yes, LHC does amazing things for hair, doesn't it?!

EvaSimone-- it is an interesting color, isn't it? I think it's listed as "brown" on my driver's license, rather than either of the colors you mentioned. :p But such is the life of a tawny!

Mellie-- you are such a sweet person! You always say the nicest things. It's been wonderful meeting and talking with you, too. :D :flower: Your hair grows so fast (I'm still amazed that your hair looks so great without conditioner) that I'm sure you'll be back at this length in no time.

HairyCarrie-- You can do it too! I look back and can't believe how short my hair was then, but it didn't seem like it grew all that fast, at the time! It's only been a year.

chloeishere
October 25th, 2008, 07:26 PM
Oops, another person popped in while I was posting! NurseMama, I get it from herbco (http://www.herbco.com/c-185-senna.aspx) (it's called senna, but due to some initial nomenclature problems, Cassia can also be known as Senna!) for about $3 a pound (plus shipping). I've always been very satisfied with the quality-- it's very fresh!

CourtneyS
October 26th, 2008, 01:24 AM
Aww congrats on the awesome hair! Ive only been here a few days but seeing all of these one year posts is very inspiring.

tiny_teesha
October 26th, 2008, 03:21 AM
That is excellent growth in a year! Your hair looks so amazing and soft! I am envious of it ;)

toocurly
October 26th, 2008, 03:27 AM
It's awesome! Congratulations!

LutraLutra
October 26th, 2008, 03:40 AM
Fabulous growth and beautiful hair, wow!

DavidN
October 26th, 2008, 03:44 AM
Congratulations on one year at the LHC, Chloeishire, and here's to many more years in our community!:cheer: Your hair has grown so much in the past year, and is so beautifully thick and healthy!

manderly
October 26th, 2008, 03:50 AM
Awesome! Your hair looks fantastic :D

I'm so jealous at how fast your hair grows!

KnightsLady
October 26th, 2008, 04:40 AM
Your hair is looking beautiful. Lovely colour in the last pic. :D

harley mama
October 26th, 2008, 06:33 AM
Wow, great growth! And, I learned what Dairy Whip is here!
Thanks for enlightening me and congratulations!

paper
October 26th, 2008, 06:42 AM
:thud: That is amazing growth! Your hair is so pretty.

Happy Anniversary! :flowers:

AmselJoey
October 26th, 2008, 10:41 AM
Beautiful hair and great growth! It looks so healthy and soft, too. Definitely envy-worthy! :crush:

Garnet66
October 26th, 2008, 10:42 AM
Your hair has grown so fast. It's so pretty. Congrats on your anniversary.

NurseMama
October 27th, 2008, 07:10 PM
Oops, another person popped in while I was posting! NurseMama, I get it from herbco (http://www.herbco.com/c-185-senna.aspx) (it's called senna, but due to some initial nomenclature problems, Cassia can also be known as Senna!) for about $3 a pound (plus shipping). I've always been very satisfied with the quality-- it's very fresh!

Thanks! Your hair is such a lovely strawberry. Is that your natural color or did the Cassia change it? I am a henna/cassia head myself, but I really love your color!

Curlsgirl
October 27th, 2008, 07:57 PM
Lovely hair and congratulations!!! :cheese:

spidermom
October 27th, 2008, 08:04 PM
Wow; good growth, and your color is beautiful.

jojo
October 27th, 2008, 08:16 PM
Blinking Heck that growth is amazing, well done on achieving such beautiful hair.

Did you trim at all?

chloeishere
October 29th, 2008, 08:15 PM
Sorry that it's been a few days... I haven't had much free time (as it is, I should have been in bed 40 minutes ago!)

Many thanks to CourtneyS (welcome aboard!), tiny_teesha, toocurly, LutraLutra, DavidN, manderly, harley mama (so happy to help you learn something new!), paper, AmselJoey, Garnet66, NurseMama (I've done one very mild henna gloss a few months ago-- little enough for no visual difference for anyone but me. :o The cassia gives me temporary subtly blonder tones for a few weeks, but it's been over a month, so the color you see is my natural shade. Your hair color is lovely!), Curlsgirl, spidermom, and jojo!

Jojo, yes, I did trim once this year! It was back in April or so, and I cut off about a half inch (I used Feye's method for U-shaped ends). I forgot to mention that! So I guess I grew 8 inches this year, which is amazing, because I always thought I was a slow grower! I am planning on trimming again sometime soon, although my ends aren't too bad... I just like having really healthy ends! Also, I think my U is getting a bit less even, so it's getting to be time.

Tressie
November 5th, 2008, 08:21 AM
Woweee!! That's a wonderful growth rate for one year and your hair looks so healthy and shining! :cheese:

Thanks for sharing your log of things you tried and the results. It was helpful for me as I've thought about trying some of these and input is always great! :D

Shorty89
November 5th, 2008, 09:14 AM
Congrats on your aniversary! Your hair is looking great!