PDA

View Full Version : Adore hair dye question

dansyl
May 11th, 2017, 10:18 AM
I am dying my length different colors with semi so I don't damage my hair anymore and so I can grow out my natural hair color. My length is bleached and I used to use manic panic red. I grew tired of the red so I wanted to go brown. I picked up some semi brown from Sally's and it was awful. The color was great but it was not conditioning at all like the manic panic. I have a blue black from adore but I have never used it before. Can anyone tell me if adore is conditioning? I've noticed it's not as thick as the manic panic... thanks!!

Anje
May 11th, 2017, 10:36 AM
It isn't very conditioning, no. It does have quite a lot of citric acid and some collagen in it, so if your hair gets nice and smooth from those things, your hair will probably feel great afterward. With my somewhat protein-sensitive hair, I usually want to follow up with some moisturizing conditioning, though I tend to wait til the next day. I don't find it at all damaging, but I wouldn't consider dyeing my hair to be a deep treatment or anything.

Robot Ninja
May 11th, 2017, 10:58 AM
No, it's not conditioning at all. When I was using it I had to condition after rinsing it out.

dansyl
May 11th, 2017, 12:21 PM
Ok, good to know. I may add some conditioner to it. I just love how soft manic panic makes my hair feel.

Robot Ninja
May 11th, 2017, 01:11 PM
Ok, good to know. I may add some conditioner to it. I just love how soft manic panic makes my hair feel.

I found that adding more than a small amount of conditioner made Adore fade pretty fast, especially on unprocessed hair.

dansyl
May 12th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I found that adding more than a small amount of conditioner made Adore fade pretty fast, especially on unprocessed hair.

hrmmm... ok. I may need to rethink this. I need to find a way to keep my length dark so i don't mess with my virgin roots. I've come so far!

Robot Ninja
May 12th, 2017, 07:04 PM
hrmmm... ok. I may need to rethink this. I need to find a way to keep my length dark so i don't mess with my virgin roots. I've come so far!

Just use it full strength, and condition afterwards. It always worked for me.

Dark40
June 10th, 2017, 09:28 PM
No, it's not conditioning at all. But at least it's not damaging. I do love Adore's different hair colors though. Especially, the reds. I have 2 bottles of it of the shade, "Sunset Orange," or "Orange Sunrise," and I put that over my already red dyed hair, and it came out amazing!!! But I did have to add conditioner to it after rinsing it all out. But no, I don't ever look at dyeing my hair being a deep treatment.