PDA

View Full Version : EB (epidermolysis bullosa) Support

LoneStarfruit
May 9th, 2017, 07:42 AM
I don't see any threads on here for those of us with EB. I surely can't be the only one? :grouphug:

For those not in the know, EB is a group of genetically-inherited connective tissue disorders. In simple terms, it's a condition that causes blistering and/or extreme skin fragility, making it an often very visible and always painful condition.

For my part, I have EBS. It affects primarily my feet, though I have quite a reactive/sensitive scalp (ok, let's be honest, ALL of my skin is reactive/sensitive), which may or may not be related to the EBS.
I'd love for anyone else with EB on here to come & discuss how our it impacts our hair care regime, growth, goals, etc! :pegasus:

LoneStarfruit
February 21st, 2020, 08:51 AM
Boosting in case anyone with EB has joined since I posted this. <3

0xalis
February 21st, 2020, 12:30 PM
I don't have EB but connective tissue disorder solidarity :flower: I have EDS :)

LoneStarfruit
February 26th, 2020, 07:20 AM
:beerchug: I have two close friends with EDS. I guess we all tend to stick together! :D

Kalamazoo
February 26th, 2020, 09:17 AM
I have neither EB nor EDS, but I'm allergic to the local tapwater, so I buy bottled spring water to heat on the stove to a comfortable lukewarm, & then carry the pot of water to the shower to dip & pour for either a "shower" or a hair-washing. The less physical contact I have with tapwater here, the better.