PDA

View Full Version : I achieved my goal in just seven years on LHC

PrincessBob
May 7th, 2017, 05:37 PM
Then: When I joined LHC almost 7 years ago, I kind of hated my hair. It had awful tangling problems and significant grey gunk (buildup, though the only products I used were shampoo/conditioner/detangling spray). I washed three times a week. I would have to have a pair of scissors on hand while I brushed, to deal with the worst knots and mats, and only a paddle brush could handle my mane, even then frequently breaking and requiring replacement. The process took at leas 45 minutes every day just to detangle. Finger combing was a ridiculous prospect to me. Combs were my worst enemy. They didn't *work* in my hair, they pulled, snagged, caught, got stuck, and TORE. I refused to touch one unless I had already brushed and needed to smooth my canopy for a style. Also the only styles I could do were down, ponytail, half pulled through ponytail, hairband held floppy fall apart cinnabun, and braided pigtails. Most of which required redoing all the time. Claw clips would break and or get caught in my hair. No fun.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Princess_Bob/hair/38178_426347354520_6444293_n_zpsnhakgt9u.jpg
(2010)

Now: My hair is down to my anklebone (over 70"), still tangles easily, but I can detangle it within 20 minutes and style it in seconds (braids take MUCH longer, though). I use a combination of my fingers, a Tangle Teezer and a Hairsense Super Detangle Rake (widetooth comb) to manage my mess. I know many protective styles and own more than a hundred hair friendly accessories. They often hold for all day without adjustment, though sensitivities may require more frequent fiddling. I have not experienced buildup in years. I use ACV rinses ever wash, which is about weekly. I still feel like my hair is short compared to others with shorter hair, because... brain. Anyhow, I have reached my goal via skill and products learned from the many lovely folks at LHC. What to do now? Maintain here, probably. Maybe dye the last couple feet for some fun colors. I dunno. I proved I could do it, and I am happy.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Princess_Bob/hair/18278699_10155310205689521_5115798341109892002_o_z psjku7c4go.jpg
(May 2017)

Borgessa
May 7th, 2017, 05:47 PM
Wow congrats, that is an awesome amount of hair and it looks gorgeous :)

Prism
May 7th, 2017, 05:48 PM
PrincessBob, Congratulations!! It looks beautiful!

Sarahlabyrinth
May 7th, 2017, 06:07 PM
Congrats on reaching your amazing goal of ankle length! You hair looks so happy and healthy! You can very rightly be proud of such an achievement :D

starlamelissa
May 7th, 2017, 07:05 PM
what is your routine? you and your hair are very pretty!

ephemeri
May 7th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Beautiful! Your hair looks so healthy too! Congrats! :o

Aunt Rapunzel
May 7th, 2017, 07:08 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is very pretty!

sumidha
May 7th, 2017, 07:17 PM
Wow, that is some fantastic growth PB!!

Chromis
May 7th, 2017, 07:27 PM
Good on ya!

EssentialJo
May 7th, 2017, 08:03 PM
Congratulations, PrincessBob! Your hair is spectacular! You done good. :)

mizukitty
May 7th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Congratulations! That is some healthy, beautiful hair!

Xan
May 7th, 2017, 08:15 PM
Then: When I joined LHC almost 7 years ago, I kind of hated my hair. It had awful tangling problems and significant grey gunk (buildup, though the only products I used were shampoo/conditioner/detangling spray). I washed three times a week. I would have to have a pair of scissors on hand while I brushed, to deal with the worst knots and mats, and only a paddle brush could handle my mane, even then frequently breaking and requiring replacement. The process took at leas 45 minutes every day just to detangle. Finger combing was a ridiculous prospect to me. Combs were my worst enemy. They didn't *work* in my hair, they pulled, snagged, caught, got stuck, and TORE. I refused to touch one unless I had already brushed and needed to smooth my canopy for a style. Also the only styles I could do were down, ponytail, half pulled through ponytail, hairband held floppy fall apart cinnabun, and braided pigtails. Most of which required redoing all the time. Claw clips would break and or get caught in my hair. No fun.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Princess_Bob/hair/38178_426347354520_6444293_n_zpsnhakgt9u.jpg
(2010)

Now: My hair is down to my anklebone (over 70"), still tangles easily, but I can detangle it within 20 minutes and style it in seconds (braids take MUCH longer, though). I use a combination of my fingers, a Tangle Teezer and a Hairsense Super Detangle Rake (widetooth comb) to manage my mess. I know many protective styles and own more than a hundred hair friendly accessories. They often hold for all day without adjustment, though sensitivities may require more frequent fiddling. I have not experienced buildup in years. I use ACV rinses ever wash, which is about weekly. I still feel like my hair is short compared to others with shorter hair, because... brain. Anyhow, I have reached my goal via skill and products learned from the many lovely folks at LHC. What to do now? Maintain here, probably. Maybe dye the last couple feet for some fun colors. I dunno. I proved I could do it, and I am happy.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y163/Princess_Bob/hair/18278699_10155310205689521_5115798341109892002_o_z psjku7c4go.jpg
(May 2017)
Wow congrats on such a lovely length of ankle, looks so beautiful such an inspiration for us super long achievers.

neko_kawaii
May 7th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Happy Hairiversary, PBob!

Serimel
May 7th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is so prettyyy, goals! :thudpile:

PrincessBob
May 7th, 2017, 09:06 PM
I dont do much, mostly benign neglect. I move it out of the way or use my arms to guard it from obstacles in life and the world. I wear very few things with zippers, buttons and velcro. I wash approx once a week according to the instructions on this video from TorrinPaige.

https://youtu.be/zzEjdmXaUUU

I dilute my shampoo in a cup of water. I apply conditioner only from the ear down. I use an apple cider vinegar rinse after I finish rinsing the conditioner *ratio 2-3 tablespoons acv to one litre of water. I allow it to stay down for 3-9 hours to air dry. I never use heat appliances on it. Current shampoo and conditioner Ruby Red Grapefruit Güd brand by Burt's Bee's. I no longer use detangling spray.

Detangle most days, some I am too fatigued and just keep the previous day's style. First I part my hair down the center and bring one section in fron of my ahoulder and fiinger comb to identify the knots that will need special attn, then i comb from the bottom up, alternating with my fingers or the Tangle Teezer as needed. Do the same on the other side and bring behind me, comb and brush to combine then style.

Always braided or bunned, sticks forks or pins, tiny terrycloth hair ties on braid ends. Ponytail almost never. Oil on ends once in a blue moon.

Ophidian
May 7th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Yay!! Well done you! Your hair looks amazing.

truepeacenik
May 7th, 2017, 11:01 PM
Three cheers for benign neglect!
PB! You are pretty. Your hair simply adds to it.

What colors are you thinking?

Juanita
May 7th, 2017, 11:06 PM
Congratulations on reaching your hair goals. Your hair is stunning.

hayheadsbird
May 7th, 2017, 11:10 PM
Congratulations! Looks amazing :D

lizardspots
May 8th, 2017, 12:19 AM
WOW, your hair looks gorgeous. Very inspirational! I like the idea of colouring the ends.

Horrorpops
May 8th, 2017, 12:42 AM
Fabulous hair! I love how longer hair doesn't necessarily mean more problems with styling or tangles :o thanks for sharing

Siv
May 8th, 2017, 02:07 AM
I dont do much, mostly benign neglect. I move it out of the way or use my arms to guard it from obstacles in life and the world. I wear very few things with zippers, buttons and velcro. I wash approx once a week according to the instructions on this video from TorrinPaige.

https://youtu.be/zzEjdmXaUUU

Ooo thanks for sharing this!

WavyWannabe
May 8th, 2017, 02:33 AM
Congrats ! Your hair looks gorgeous :o

Fia
May 8th, 2017, 05:31 AM
Great inspiration for those of us still growing. :)

embee
May 8th, 2017, 05:44 AM
Great job, you've got good hair genes. :) Benign Neglect is wonderful, isn't it!

Do you still have that sweet little cat? Bet he loves it when your hair is down - something fun to play with. :)

lapushka
May 8th, 2017, 06:25 AM
Congrats on reaching your goal length! :applause

olivetime
May 8th, 2017, 07:14 AM
Wow! Beautiful :)

diddiedaisy
May 8th, 2017, 08:12 AM
Amazing hair, it looks so thick and healthy, congratulations :)

oatmeal1991
May 8th, 2017, 08:58 AM
Gorgeous hair!!

PrincessBob
May 8th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Great job, you've got good hair genes. :) Benign Neglect is wonderful, isn't it!

Do you still have that sweet little cat? Bet he loves it when your hair is down - something fun to play with. :)

Vesuvius is still around and still the best emotional support animal I could hope for. He usually leaves my hair alone,but if it is around playtime and I have dropped it he has attempted to include it in the games. Right now he is most excited about the Hele cat exercise system. She sent him Da Bird in the last swap and he thinks playing with it is the best and clearly what humans were designed to do.

lapis_lazuli
May 8th, 2017, 10:51 AM
Very inspirational and beautiful! :thudpile: I would love to have such a length one day :o

PrincessBob
May 8th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Three cheers for benign neglect!
PB! You are pretty. Your hair simply adds to it.

What colors are you thinking?

A friend finished cosmetology school last May and was the first person besides Snuggles to trim my hair in over a decade, so I would probably go to her for the lightening process and color work. Either something like the pink blue purple of the bi-pride flag, or some galactic or oil slick color combinations. If just one solid color I will be vivid blue, probably because that is the color that lasted the longest in the galaxy hair she did for my other friend last fall, it's still decently turquoise in those spots, but the pink and green and purple have faded to almost invisibility.

Agnes Hannah
May 8th, 2017, 11:46 AM
Stunning hair Princessbob, congratulations on reaching that amazing length!:toast:

lottiealice
May 8th, 2017, 12:06 PM
This gives me so much hope - your hair is beautiful!

Cherriezzzzz
May 8th, 2017, 12:18 PM
Over 70 inches?! Virgin hair!? You my dear are a beautiful unicorn! So rare! Congrats! Keep us posted on any colour changes!

lapushka
May 8th, 2017, 12:22 PM
Over 70 inches?! Virgin hair!? You my dear are a beautiful unicorn! So rare! Congrats! Keep us posted on any colour changes!

There's a handful of ladies & gents on here that have "incredible" lengths. You'll for sure get to know them, Cherriezzzzz. PrincessBob at this point just joined the true long hairs on here. You go, girl! Woohoo. :cheer:

Andthetalltrees
May 8th, 2017, 12:25 PM
Your hair is 8 inches taller then me! :o I love ankle length and wish I could stand my hair that long( I guess we'll see) it's amazing you've grown it so long

Cherriezzzzz
May 8th, 2017, 01:02 PM
There's a handful of ladies & gents on here that have "incredible" lengths. :cheer:
I guess this is the place to be for rare beauty! I had almost waist length, but nothing like 70 plus inches... It's truly impressive. I'd break my neck... my hair's too thick/heavy for 70 inches... I guess that's why I flat iorn to get manageability. Her hair is like a dream come true. I love everything about it!

Aredhel
May 8th, 2017, 02:17 PM
Congrats on reaching your goal! Your hair is beautiful! :)

DweamGoiL
May 8th, 2017, 02:23 PM
Congratulations, PB!!! You hair looks so beyond amazing...seriously :eye:

Dark40
May 8th, 2017, 08:36 PM
PrincessBob, congratulations on reaching ankle length! You and your hair are very pretty! You've done a good job.

Henrietta
May 9th, 2017, 06:03 AM
Congratulations! On both, the journey and the effect. Your hair is impressive, that's the word I think best describes my feelings when I look at the pic :)

TatsuOni
May 9th, 2017, 06:13 AM
Congrats! Beautiful hair! :)

DaveDecker
May 9th, 2017, 06:51 AM
PB, Congrats and well done on reaching ankle-length! Your hair is truly very beautiful. :agree:

PrincessBob
May 9th, 2017, 12:43 PM
PB, Congrats and well done on reaching ankle-length! Your hair is truly very beautiful. :agree:

You're a big part of the inspiration that brought me to this point. Your occasional visits were loaded with encouragement and joy. Thanks for being awesome Dave!

And thanks to everyone in this thread for the congratulations. I am excited and so proud to have made it, and so grateful to LHC as a resource, community, and safe place to obsess.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
May 9th, 2017, 01:05 PM
Congratulations. Ankle length is an awesome achievement enjoy your new length and take lots and lots of photos:thudpile:

meteor
May 9th, 2017, 01:55 PM
Yay! Congratulations and Happy Hairiversary, PrincessBob! :joy: Your hair is absolutely spectacular!! :applause

*Wednesday*
May 9th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Incredibly beautiful. ☺ Yes, "true" long hair.

Garnetgem
May 9th, 2017, 02:26 PM
"Gasp gasp" that was my reaction on seeing your mane its so beautiful and i can see you take great care of it as it really shows...must be awesome to reach such a goal :)

luvlonghair75
May 9th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Wow! Congrats! Your hair is so pretty!

DaveDecker
May 9th, 2017, 05:22 PM
You're a big part of the inspiration that brought me to this point. Your occasional visits were loaded with encouragement and joy. Thanks for being awesome Dave!

And thanks to everyone in this thread for the congratulations. I am excited and so proud to have made it, and so grateful to LHC as a resource, community, and safe place to obsess.

Aww, thank you, PrincessBob! :grouphug: I have always enjoyed my Portland visits and all of the LHC meets that have transpired there through the years. :D

hobbitlocks
May 9th, 2017, 06:51 PM
Wow! :thud: You're hair looks awesome! I also really like your description of LHC as a "safe place to obsess" :)

Lunnafindel
May 9th, 2017, 07:45 PM
Congrats PrincessBob! I'm so glad to hear everything's working well for you.
I wholeheartedly recommend dying the last foot or so of your hair, it's so much fun! Plus, it makes detangling a lot easier, since you can see which parts of the knot are the end of the hair. I never thought of that before, but it makes a huge difference!

Jo Ann
May 9th, 2017, 09:51 PM
I love your hair, PB!

Your Before and After pictures give the rest of us hope!

EssentialJo
May 9th, 2017, 10:31 PM
(May 2017)

Princess Bob,, I couldn't help but notice in your after picture that you are on an inversion table. Do you attribute any of your hair success to using it? :)

PrincessBob
May 10th, 2017, 02:01 AM
Princess Bob,, I couldn't help but notice in your after picture that you are on an inversion table. Do you attribute any of your hair success to using it? :)
I am afraid it is incidental only in this case. I was using my friend's inversion table because I hurt my back in April through a few falls. My hair came partially loose while I was upside down, so when it fell completely as I came up, I had Snuggles grab my phone and take a picture.
I'm sure that it would be interesting to see what regular use would do to effect growth, but I have used an inversion table maybe five times in all my time on LHC. It does seem to help stretch out and ease some of my back pain.

MotherofJames
May 10th, 2017, 05:22 PM
Wow!!! That is so impressive ! You and your hair are beautiful and inspiring !! Congrats !!

parallellines
May 10th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Congrats, PrincessBob, and thank you for the inspiration!

Xan
October 24th, 2017, 03:23 PM

(2010)

(May 2017)

Hope you have decided to maintain at ankle such an awesome achievement. Any new color at the ends, just curious?

leayellena
October 25th, 2017, 04:49 AM
amazing! congratulations :)

Shepherdess
October 25th, 2017, 08:32 AM
:thud: such amazing progress and so inspiring!!! Thank you very much for sharing!! ❤️

spidermom
October 25th, 2017, 10:11 AM
Thumbs up on overcoming your major hair problems and growing to super-long.

Dems
October 25th, 2017, 12:15 PM
Wow! You have the most stunning hair! Absolutely lovely.