PDA

View Full Version : Bedtime hair?

Xan
May 5th, 2017, 11:35 PM
What's the best way to wear your hair to bed, I've done a braid and a bun just wondering if there is something I'm missing? Thanks in advance:)

lizardspots
May 5th, 2017, 11:54 PM
Depends on what stays put in your hair and what you're most comfortable with. I used to braid my hair but now that my hair's getting longer, I kept getting strangled by my own braid in the night xD Now I wear a nautilus on the top of my head, secured with a claw clip.

Borgessa
May 6th, 2017, 12:00 AM
I mostly have my hair, as Sarahlabyrinth told me she does it, just in what ever bun I'm wearing for the day, I unpin it, and slip my silk cap on top and off to bed i go, my hair is technically loose and mostly unravels from the bun it was in, but it all stays in the cap.

neko_kawaii
May 6th, 2017, 12:08 AM
I get scalp ache if I bun at night as well as day and I got tired of wrangling my braid in my sleep. Silk cap to the rescue!

Experiment and you'll find what works for you.

akurah
May 6th, 2017, 12:34 AM
I wear my hair loose, and I place it above my pillow. Picture, since it is a little difficult to describe:
http://i.imgur.com/aVngVbS.jpg?1

This is easier to do if you sleep alone or with a partner who does not insist on cuddling at night and stays to their side of the bed. When I was with my ex, I seem to remember braiding it before putting it above my pillow.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
May 6th, 2017, 12:55 AM
I keep mine in a sleep bonnet.

Sarahlabyrinth
May 6th, 2017, 12:59 AM
I mostly have my hair, as Sarahlabyrinth told me she does it, just in what ever bun I'm wearing for the day, I unpin it, and slip my silk cap on top and off to bed i go, my hair is technically loose and mostly unravels from the bun it was in, but it all stays in the cap.

And it works beautifully!

Siri
May 6th, 2017, 01:06 AM
I put mine in two braids.

Aunty Miki
May 6th, 2017, 01:14 AM
I flop mine free behind me over the pillow.

Borgessa
May 6th, 2017, 02:57 AM
And it works beautifully!

It really does, and adds a lot of shine to the hair surprisingly enough, i was most impressed, has to be one of my now Holy Grails lol :) Thanks for the tip!

janeytilllie
May 6th, 2017, 02:57 AM
I put my hair in a sleep pony with 3 satin scunchies.
I then put my satin bonnet on
And sleep on a satin pillowcase
I like satin :D

PixieP
May 6th, 2017, 03:26 AM
I have my hear in a topknot bun, usually a cinnabun, held with a fork. I am a restless sleeper and this is the best way for me to keep my hair out of my way.

missbexy
May 6th, 2017, 04:50 AM

This sounds ideal to me! My boyfriend doesn't like satin so I'm not sure what he'd say if I got a satin bonnet as well as my pillow.

I do a low, loose bun with either velvet or satin scrunchie (whichever comes to hand first). It's probably not the best way but I'm still getting used to sleeping with my hair up. For most of the past year I slept with it in a braid and before that it was just down.

Vivalagina
May 6th, 2017, 06:45 AM
Right now I just braid it. I'm nearing the end of my third pregnancy and can't stand the feel of my silk sleep bonnet. I'm sure I'll go back to using it when I can sleep on my back again and don't have the edging smushed into my temple.

Aunt Rapunzel
May 6th, 2017, 07:25 AM
A sleep bonnet sounds like an interesting idea. I've never tried that. But I like the idea!

Stub
May 6th, 2017, 08:44 AM
I have my hear in a topknot bun, usually a cinnabun, held with a fork. I am a restless sleeper and this is the best way for me to keep my hair out of my way.

How do you use a fork on top of your head and sleep? Is it super short? You said restless, so I assume you change positions a lot. Do you side sleep? I'm a very restless side sleeper and I can't imagine a stick (don't have any forks [yet]) staying put as I toss from side to side. My sleep braid is starting to end up wrapped around my neck even though I start out with it tossed above the pillow, and I fear the day it does a double wrap! That's many years in the future I'm sure but still....

ZeppHead
May 6th, 2017, 08:45 AM
Either lightly oiled in a low braid or loose in a satin sleeping cap.

MotherofJames
May 6th, 2017, 09:24 AM
I use a sleep bonnet . I feel it gets the less amount of damage for my hair type ( at least for me it does )

ghanima
May 6th, 2017, 09:48 AM
I flop mine free behind me over the pillow.
Same with me.

janeytilllie
May 6th, 2017, 09:53 AM
This sounds ideal to me! My boyfriend doesn't like satin so I'm not sure what he'd say if I got a satin bonnet as well as my pillow.

I do a low, loose bun with either velvet or satin scrunchie (whichever comes to hand first). It's probably not the best way but I'm still getting used to sleeping with my hair up. For most of the past year I slept with it in a braid and before that it was just down.

I've noticed a huge difference with preventing tangles doing this for me personally. :) I love satin.

Sometimes my satin bonnet falls off, I move a lot in my sleep, so the satin pillowcase is there in case of that, for emergency. :)
My hair knots like a bird nest on cotton :scared:

oatmeal1991
May 6th, 2017, 10:05 AM
One or two (English or French) braids secured at the ends with scrunchies always works best for me. When I bun it I tend to get lots of tangles and matting around my nape.

Joyful Mystery
May 6th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Satin sleep cap. I'm considering purchasing a silk sleep cap. Once my hair is long enough, I'm sure I'll English braid occasionally before bed instead.

Deborah
May 6th, 2017, 10:47 AM
For most of my life I wore my hair loose, just flipped up over the pillow. Now I wear a single braid flipped up over my pillow. This has made a BIG difference in morning tangles. I used to wake up with a lot. Now I have virtually none. :)

meteor
May 6th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Since my daily hairstyle is a simple braided bun, I just take out the stick/fork, cover the updo with a silky scarf and sleep like that. Sure, the bun is unsecured and I'm a restless sleeper, but I find that my braid stays practically intact that way at current length. When it was much shorter I had to do 2 or more braids and I had to secure them.
I can't really leave my hair uncontained, because I feel like it takes over the place. But if you want to sleep with it loose, I'd try placing it above and over the pillow, but put something slippery smooth there first to reduce friction. Or put silky scarf and then hair in the groove between the mattress and headboard to keep it all in place.

FrayedFire
May 6th, 2017, 12:59 PM
I generally try to braid it in some form of English braids (planning on making a paranda or two specifically for sleeping in), and I'm working on making a silky scarf/cap to stay on at night. I used to sleep with it loose cause that is the most comfortable, but the detangling is hell.

PixieP
May 6th, 2017, 01:20 PM
How do you use a fork on top of your head and sleep? Is it super short? You said restless, so I assume you change positions a lot. Do you side sleep? I'm a very restless side sleeper and I can't imagine a stick (don't have any forks [yet]) staying put as I toss from side to side. My sleep braid is starting to end up wrapped around my neck even though I start out with it tossed above the pillow, and I fear the day it does a double wrap! That's many years in the future I'm sure but still....

Yep I change positions constantly, or as my husband says, I rotate while I sleep XD The fork holds very well! I use both my quite short aliminium 2 prong from OTHM, and my longer acrylics from CMW. The thing is that I insert the fork from behind, so the prongs are pointing straight ahead towards my face. I'll try and take a picture of it tonight. I shove it in all the way, so the prongs stick out quite a lot in the front, but it's never in the way.

Actually I have this picture where you can see it sorta:
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/misherusedai/BC61D855-5ECC-4D5C-B8BE-DF6FA5BFA9E8_zpsx9fseqnm.jpg
But I'll take more pictures tonight with my longer forks so you can see it even better.

Should be noted all my forks have headcurve, I don't think this will work as well without.

Stub
May 6th, 2017, 03:18 PM
Yep I change positions constantly, or as my husband says, I rotate while I sleep XD The fork holds very well! I use both my quite short aliminium 2 prong from OTHM, and my longer acrylics from CMW. The thing is that I insert the fork from behind, so the prongs are pointing straight ahead towards my face. I'll try and take a picture of it tonight. I shove it in all the way, so the prongs stick out quite a lot in the front, but it's never in the way.

Actually I have this picture where you can see it sorta:
http://i1063.photobucket.com/albums/t503/misherusedai/BC61D855-5ECC-4D5C-B8BE-DF6FA5BFA9E8_zpsx9fseqnm.jpg
But I'll take more pictures tonight with my longer forks so you can see it even better.

Should be noted all my forks have headcurve, I don't think this will work as well without.

Oh thank you, that makes way more sense now!! I don't know WHY I didn't think of the fork stuck in from the back! hahaha I'm such a dork! I just always think of forks/sticks as stuck in sideways, even though I HAVE used sticks vertically in the back of my head. :) I think I am going to buy some knitting needles to make myself short forks for just this very thing. Thank you so much Pixie!!

lapushka
May 6th, 2017, 04:20 PM
Whatever you wear, don't wear it too tightly. Allow for "movement" of your head & body throughout the night.

This is why I never contain my hair, I am so afraid of breakage at the forehead, crown or nape, depending on where you tie the hair. I loosely fold it underneath my head and thankfully I don't move much in my sleep.

PixieP
May 6th, 2017, 05:57 PM
Oh thank you, that makes way more sense now!! I don't know WHY I didn't think of the fork stuck in from the back! hahaha I'm such a dork! I just always think of forks/sticks as stuck in sideways, even though I HAVE used sticks vertically in the back of my head. :) I think I am going to buy some knitting needles to make myself short forks for just this very thing. Thank you so much Pixie!!

Happy to be of help! I sometimes sleep with a braid but this bun is the most comfy style for me, I cannot feel my hair at all at night. And it gives nice bun waves too!

blace
May 6th, 2017, 10:23 PM
I've started sleeping with it in a basic english braid with a silk satin pillowcase recently. I was previously a fan of the high bun but the concentrated weight of it now seems to be a bit straining and mildly irritating to my scalp come morning.

florafox
May 6th, 2017, 10:50 PM
I "cross wrap" my hair and put a satin scarf on top if I want my hair to be a bit straighter. Otherwise I put my hair in a loose low ponytail using a satin scrunchie I then put a satin scarf over the ponytail.

bjt
May 7th, 2017, 06:10 AM
I also wear my loose and over the pillow, as long as I'm at home. My bed has a headboard that has bars in it. My hair falls over the pillow, between the bars and down the back of the bed. :) I can roll around and it stays there without getting tangled. My hair is pretty straight, though, and doesn't tangle much generally.

If I'm traveling I generally braid it loosely.

Frankenstein
May 7th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Always a satin bonnet over whatever bun I wore that day with the stick or fork taken out.

LoneStarfruit
May 8th, 2017, 06:15 AM
I've recently started sleeping with my hair in a loose French braid to minimise morning tangles, but now I'm worried about breakage... especially at the crown and hairline. I have slightly thinner hair at the hairline (thanks, thyroid...) so I think I'm particularly paranoid about it :( I can't handle having a cap on, so would I be better off just leaving it loose? Tangles > breakage?

Aunt Rapunzel
May 8th, 2017, 07:02 PM
For those of you who use a sleep cap/bonnet, what style do you recommend?

parallellines
May 9th, 2017, 07:13 PM
Like Aunt Rapunzel, I am interested in recommendations for sleep caps/bonnets. :)

EssentialJo
May 9th, 2017, 09:01 PM

I do similar without the scrunchies but am interested in using scrunchies from now on. Do you use a certain kind?

EssentialJo
May 9th, 2017, 09:17 PM

Like Aunt Rapunzel, I am interested in recommendations for sleep caps/bonnets. :)

I just pick one up from the hair section at Walmart. If not there, I'm certain I can find good ones at Sally's.

If you are outside the US, there may be equivalents where you are: megastores that sell a large selection of, well, everything; and general beauty supply stores that specialize in hair.

Prism
May 9th, 2017, 11:29 PM
To those of you who use a silk bonnet/hat, would you please share where you bought them?

Dante
May 10th, 2017, 02:24 AM
For those who wear a silk cap and who live in hot, humid climates - does it make your scalp sweat? I tried out a satin pillowcase once, and it just made my face so incredibly hot and sweaty, I vowed never to do it again. Maybe it'd be better with a sleep cap rather than a pillowcase, but it's regularly 30+ degrees C (I think 86 F) and 80+% humidity at night here, and I can't handle anything that makes it hotter...

janeytilllie
May 10th, 2017, 03:06 AM

I bought mine from amazon or ebay. I've used many styles. I have a small head , so I use a sleep mask to help keep it on. As long as it satin and smooth/silky. I find it does the job well.

janeytilllie
May 10th, 2017, 03:31 AM
I do similar without the scrunchies but am interested in using scrunchies from now on. Do you use a certain kind?

I buy a cheap three pack on amazon. I use any kind as long as they are satin and silky to the touch. :)

Prism
May 10th, 2017, 08:34 AM
For those who wear a silk cap and who live in hot, humid climates - does it make your scalp sweat? I tried out a satin pillowcase once, and it just made my face so incredibly hot and sweaty, I vowed never to do it again. Maybe it'd be better with a sleep cap rather than a pillowcase, but it's regularly 30+ degrees C (I think 86 F) and 80+% humidity at night here, and I can't handle anything that makes it hotter...

There's a difference between what's referred to as satin and silk. Silk refers to the weave of the fibers. Many things marketed as "satin" are not silk but synthetic, which can make for a hot, sweaty night. I would encourage you to get a 100% silk pillowcase. The cheapest place I've found it is Dharma Trading Co. I have placed a couple of orders to them, and I was very impressed with the quality, enough so that I just ordered my second pillowcase from them. They also sell dyes, so if the ivory color is not to your liking, you can dye the pillowcase. Silk breathes. Polyester (which is likely what yours was) doesn't.

LoneStarfruit
May 10th, 2017, 09:12 AM
There's a difference between what's referred to as satin and silk. Silk refers to the weave of the fibers. Many things marketed as "satin" are not silk but synthetic, which can make for a hot, sweaty night. I would encourage you to get a 100% silk pillowcase. The cheapest place I've found it is Dharma Trading Co. I have placed a couple of orders to them, and I was very impressed with the quality, enough so that I just ordered my second pillowcase from them. They also sell dyes, so if the ivory color is not to your liking, you can dye the pillowcase. Silk breathes. Polyester (which is likely what yours was) doesn't.

Out of curiosity, how does the silk hold up to frequent washing? I have acne-prone skin, so I use 100% linen pillowcases at present (probably the coarsest thing for my poor hair!) and wash them at 90C weekly. (Also, sensitive skin, so I can't use conventional laundry detergent--I use soap nuts, which are great, but don't really lift out stains at all and the high heat really helps with that.)

neko_kawaii
May 10th, 2017, 09:17 AM
Out of curiosity, how does the silk hold up to frequent washing? I have acne-prone skin, so I use 100% linen pillowcases at present (probably the coarsest thing for my poor hair!) and wash them at 90C weekly. (Also, sensitive skin, so I can't use conventional laundry detergent--I use soap nuts, which are great, but don't really lift out stains at all and the high heat really helps with that.)

I made my silk cap at least two years ago, wear it every night and sometimes remember to wash it weekly.

Prism
May 10th, 2017, 10:01 AM
Mine has held up for years. I wash it in cold water in the washing machine. I throw it in the dryer, but it'd probably be better for it if I let it air- or line-dry. I'm only replacing it because the previous one got discolored and looked nasty. That's another reason I'd think about dying it. A darker color wouldn't show discoloration (from hair products, the occasional bit of makeup that didn't quite get removed, etc.) like the ivory color one they send.

LoneStarfruit
May 10th, 2017, 10:06 AM
Mine has held up for years. I wash it in cold water in the washing machine. I throw it in the dryer, but it'd probably be better for it if I let it air- or line-dry. I'm only replacing it because the previous one got discolored and looked nasty. That's another reason I'd think about dying it. A darker color wouldn't show discoloration (from hair products, the occasional bit of makeup that didn't quite get removed, etc.) like the ivory color one they send.

Have you tried lobbing a little Vanish/OxiClean in there with it? It may help and if you're replacing it anyway, it might be worth risking... I'd go dark but our bedroom is quite dark so we've kept all the furniture/bedding/etc light (see under: I can't let my hair needs ruin my ~aesthetic~ and please do eyeroll at my ridiculousness), so a big ol' black pillow would really stand out. :rolleyes:

Prism
May 10th, 2017, 10:21 AM
Have you tried lobbing a little Vanish/OxiClean in there with it? It may help and if you're replacing it anyway, it might be worth risking... I'd go dark but our bedroom is quite dark so we've kept all the furniture/bedding/etc light (see under: I can't let my hair needs ruin my ~aesthetic~ and please do eyeroll at my ridiculousness), so a big ol' black pillow would really stand out. :rolleyes:

Thanks. I really should have, but I thought it was too stained and threw it out. I'll keep this in mind for the replacement pillowcase.

Chamomile betty
May 11th, 2017, 04:56 AM
I wear my hair in a high pony bun with a scrunchi. On some occasions I French braid my hair.

Aredhel
May 11th, 2017, 05:06 AM
Usually a loose topknot but sometimes I wear a braid, tassle held by two bobby pins.

Dante
May 11th, 2017, 05:21 AM

Thank you! Sounds like I need to give silk a go ��

EssentialJo
May 11th, 2017, 07:10 AM

I live in hot dry climate. We use a fair amount of air conditioning though. If I do sweat, it's never been enough to bother me either. Scalp sweat does drive my dw crazy. She also wears a silk cap and hence the air conditioning.

Angelface2189
May 11th, 2017, 08:43 AM
I rotate between a side braid and loose bun on top of my head. I have a silk pillowcase, but may look into a sleep bonnet, if the boyfriend doesn't complain about it LOL. He already complains about not wearing my hair loose, not sure how he will like a sleep cap :D

Andthetalltrees
May 11th, 2017, 08:56 AM
Two braids if I remember, Usually I just wear it loose(I don't understand how anyone could sleep in a bun xD)

RedStripe
May 11th, 2017, 12:09 PM
Single English braid. I am so unoriginal.

lapushka
May 11th, 2017, 02:27 PM
I've recently started sleeping with my hair in a loose French braid to minimise morning tangles, but now I'm worried about breakage... especially at the crown and hairline. I have slightly thinner hair at the hairline (thanks, thyroid...) so I think I'm particularly paranoid about it :( I can't handle having a cap on, so would I be better off just leaving it loose? Tangles > breakage?

If it's loose enough it won't hurt; maybe try an English braid. You still get the effect from it not tangling that much, and you'll not have to worry so much about breakage at the crown.

Dante
May 11th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I live in hot dry climate. We use a fair amount of air conditioning though. If I do sweat, it's never been enough to bother me either. Scalp sweat does drive my dw crazy. She also wears a silk cap and hence the air conditioning.

We end up using air con a lot too, but I don't want to *have to* use it if I can help it. I might try making a silk cap so I can do it cheaply, and then if it still makes my scalp sweat, I won't mind too much throwing it out. (Or unpicking it and using the fabric for something else - don't know that I could bring myself to chuck out good silk!)

Wreckinbelle
May 11th, 2017, 08:46 PM
This post has seriously made me think that I need to start taking better care of my poor hair... and maybe invest in some silk/satin! A low pony is all I can really seem to muster lately. If I'm feeling it, two braids but with my undercut, most bedtime styles are a little uncomfortable. The last few days I've just thrown it, loose, over the back of my pillows!

BraidFreak
May 12th, 2017, 05:34 AM
I always wear my hair in two braids. I'm only at BSL so as it gets longer I'm assuming I'll be changing it up.

luvlonghair75
May 12th, 2017, 08:18 AM
A loose braid. Never a tight one. Seems to be working GREAT!

Cassandre Brave
May 12th, 2017, 11:04 AM
I don't know if it could help someone, however I post here my hair routine, at bedtime. :)

I often apply coconut milk on my lenghts (sometimes I add coconut oil after), I comb my hair carefully with my wood/horn comb, and then, I wrap my hair around one hand (without anything to maintain the "roll"). After that, I put my hair in my silk cap.
Tomorrow, when I remove my silk cap, I have no tangle, and no breakages. I recommend this for people who always attach their hair, day and night, and note that their hair has a lot of breakages.
(I read somewhere on the Internet that if you attach hair day and night is not good, and can cause breakages.)

SnowDancer
May 23rd, 2017, 09:32 PM
I switch between sleeping in a bun and sleeping with it loose and thrown over my pillow. I'm a heavy sleeper and usually don't move too much.

Naliade
May 24th, 2017, 01:30 AM
I used to braid it, but I find that i have much more frizz (less tangled, but awfully frizzy) the morning after if i braid it that if i sleep with my hair loose. So, for the time being, loose it is!

parallellines
June 11th, 2017, 07:08 PM
I just pick one up from the hair section at Walmart. If not there, I'm certain I can find good ones at Sally's.

If you are outside the US, there may be equivalents where you are: megastores that sell a large selection of, well, everything; and general beauty supply stores that specialize in hair.

EssentialJo, I apologize for not responding earlier, and thank you for your response. There is a Sally's sort of close to me so I will make a point of checking for their caps.

beneaththetrees
June 11th, 2017, 07:42 PM
I may have to pick up a silk bonnet! Lately I've been trying to find a style that 1) protects my ends, 2) is comfortable to wear all night, and 3) volumizes my roots. Looking good on the ends is nice, too, but since I've been trying to wear my hair up most of the time that matters less. Those are three things that have been hard for me to find lately, though! I don't feel like a normal braid protects my ends well enough, and buns can hurt sometimes, so I've been flipping my hair upside down and then braiding. It looks a little funny, but it keeps my hair above my pillow all night and adds a nice boost of volume. The only con is that I don't really like the way my ends look. Maybe for special occasions when I want to wear my hair down the next day, I'll put it in a silk cap and let it sit however it wants.

enting
June 13th, 2017, 09:44 AM
When my hair was shorter (midback and above) I would just toss it up above my head on the pillows. I always used to get a very tangled nape, though.
Now I rarely do that unless I'm not feeling well. I usually do some form of braiding (single, milkmaid, or combined with a partial crown braid) or a topknot. Lately I've started doing knotted pigtails during the day and at night. I wrap my hair around my fingers and then around the base of the "bun" several times and then pull the tail all the way through. I don't know if the style has a name.

Beatrixity
June 13th, 2017, 02:59 PM
I live in the hot and humid south of the U.S., and my silk pillowcase is always cool. My silk cap does get hot, but it's not too bad.

Larki
June 13th, 2017, 06:26 PM
I have a silk sleep cap from Adorabellababy on Etsy and I wear my hair loose inside it.

Sarahlabyrinth
June 13th, 2017, 06:53 PM
I have a silk sleep cap from Adorabellababy on Etsy and I wear my hair loose inside it.

The same. What I do is, just before I put the cap on, I just remove the hair fork or hair stick and allow the bun to fall loosely inside the cap. So that it is loose but somewhat contained in the cap. I never have tangles the next morning. It also gives my hair and scalp a break from being "up" all the time.

The Adorabellababy caps are just the best! :D

Robi-Bird
June 13th, 2017, 07:09 PM
I either sleep in a braid or a bun, usually a braid. I can't sleep in a cap, the cap will end up somewhere on the floor. Unfortunately I am a very active sleeper so there's some frizz all over my head no matter what I do. The silk pillow case helped for a while, but now it's MIA. :cry:

kinnyuu
June 13th, 2017, 07:56 PM
I either braid or do a kinda loosely twisted bun secured with a fork on top of my head. Just depends on how I'm feeling or what day of dirty hair I'm on!

mistythebandit
June 24th, 2017, 04:39 PM
Love to put it in a french braid to keep it managed.

akuamoonmaui
July 7th, 2017, 05:27 PM
I bun mine on the very top of my head and secure it with a wide cloth headband.

Simsy
July 7th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Either left in the work braids during the week, or braided. French braid if I feel like it; otherwise a straight English braid, either at the nape or started just below the crown pony-style without hair ties. The second one stays out of the way a bit better.

Cherriezzzzz
July 7th, 2017, 07:34 PM
I guess that since I normally have been wearing my hair up I let loose for the night above my pillow bc I want the scalp to breathe and hair to shed properly.

peachyleshy
July 7th, 2017, 09:28 PM
I've been sleeping with my hair in a bun with a claw clip since it's been long enough. I used to have a sleep bonnet, but I got rid of it. I'm going to get a new one as well as a silk pillowcase. I'm sure DH will think it is dorky, but when the lights are off it won't matter!

ErinEM
July 24th, 2017, 02:47 PM
I put mine in a low simple braid. It seems to work okay, though I'm thinking about trying a silk cap to see if that will further prevent breakage and damage.

Groovy Granny
July 24th, 2017, 04:47 PM
I usually do a low, loose ponytail with a no damage tie.
Occasionally I will do an english braid.
I use a satin pillow.

melesine
July 24th, 2017, 04:57 PM
I do different things depending on the style I wore that day. If I blew it straight, then I sleep with it down. If I diffused it then I generally bun it so I have ringlets in the morning.

AmberLouise89
July 24th, 2017, 07:16 PM
I always sleep with some kind of english or dutch braid on a satin pillowcase. I've tried sleeping with my hair loose in a sleep cap but it never stays on, I think it's because I have a flat head.