PDA

View Full Version : vampyyri's One Year Hairiversary!

vampyyri
May 4th, 2017, 07:30 PM
Hey, long time no see guys... let me start this off with an explanation for why I've been gone for so long.

Basically, my medication for depression/anxiety got the best of me... I started having suicidal thoughts and avoided every media outlet for the past... gosh who knows how long. I quit my medication cold turkey, and went through an intense withdrawal for two weeks... and my Grandma passed away as well (lots of guilt attached to that). But and I'm back to being in a stable state of mind finally. I should be back here a little bit at a time to ease myself back in.

Anyway, with that being out of the way, the happy part of this post!

Here's my one year progress since joining LHC:

http://i.imgur.com/1dQsFIa.jpg

From WL to TBL+ now (both pictures cropped at CL)!

I've learned so much from here that made this possible... and I couldn't be more grateful.

The biggest confessions I have to make here is that I did do a 1/2" trim on the ends on one day that I was not doing particularly well mentally (dumb I know, but I did use Feye's method to keep my U shape), and that at one point I HAD to brush out a giant rat's nest at the back of my that formed in my hair during this rough time (aka wearing a braid for a week and not detangling at all). I'm not proud of either of these things, but they needed to be done with how terrible I was doing at the time.

Otherwise I have kept up with my WCC, LOC, keeping my hair up (braided daily as much else was hard for me), and finger-combing (despite that one time).

The ends still look a little rough in my one year photo, ignore those... working on nursing my hair back to health with SMTs/Protein Treatments.

Overall, I'm very proud of my progress, and I'm just so glad to be back here right in time for this anniversary! I've missed you guys!! :flowers:

Nightshade
May 4th, 2017, 07:39 PM
Wow! That's amazing progress :)

The best part is we got you the entire time :grouphug:

pandabarrier
May 4th, 2017, 07:41 PM
Sorry about your medication issues and your loss.

Welcome back! Your hair looks great, very healthy! Can't tell from the picture that the ends are rough.

Stub
May 4th, 2017, 08:06 PM
Sorry to hear about your Grandma. *hugs* I've actually been wondering where you were and a little worried! So glad you are back and safe and sound. And SO JEALOUS of your growth over the past year! :)

Jo Ann
May 4th, 2017, 08:07 PM
Depression and anxiety are no fun to go through (personal experience--I'm a St Barney's alum, myself), especially when you suffer from bad side effects of your meds! It appears you are back on the road to recovery and are getting the help you need. Congratulations!

I'm sorry your Dear Grandma has passed. Time will heal the feelings you have now--promise! Don't kick yourself, and remember that love forgives a lot of things!

Your hair looks fantastic! The good treatment you have been showing blessing it with shows--it looks so healthy and shiny!

rapunzelna
May 4th, 2017, 08:08 PM
Amazing growth. Glad you are doing better.

Kellylee
May 4th, 2017, 08:33 PM
Wow your hair is beautiful! This is almost exactly how much growth I'm looking for this year. My hair is just a inch or so past your before picture. Now I can't wait!😬

Groovy Granny
May 4th, 2017, 09:08 PM
Welcome back (((HUGS)))) you were missed!

So sorry about your Grandmother and med reaction...but very happy you are feeling better!

Congrats on your anniversary....your hair grew a lot...and it looks awesome :thud:

Take good care :flowers:

Sarahlabyrinth
May 4th, 2017, 09:13 PM
Oh, I'm sorry to hear about your difficult time, and the death of your Grandmother.

But your hair has grown very, very long in just the one year, and looks wonderful:)

Enjoy your first hairiversary - and look forward to your next one :flowers:

Chromis
May 4th, 2017, 09:14 PM
So happy the sun is come back out for you again! Also, holy moly that growth!

And, bonus quail, because you da bestest!
https://c1.staticflickr.com/3/2941/33966384782_58ddb551c8_z.jpg

starlamelissa
May 4th, 2017, 10:31 PM
thats some amazing growth!

CreatureBailey
May 5th, 2017, 12:08 AM
I love you Nyny that growth is so impressive tho!!! :O It gives me hope :3

Nobody talks in the group we should go put action in there :P

ephemeri
May 5th, 2017, 01:32 AM
Oh I'm happy to see you back, I was a bit worried! So glad you're feeling better <3

Your hair has had an amazing year! Holy growth rate!! It looks stunning, very healthy and lovely waves. Goals for sure!! Happy hairiversary!

Arctic
May 5th, 2017, 01:48 AM
Happy hairiversary! You've had amazing growth! Please don't feel guilty about having a very small trim. There is nothing to "confess" about it. Trims happen all the time, big and small, nothing to feel guilty about.

janeytilllie
May 5th, 2017, 01:57 AM
:grouphug:

Your hair has had amazing growth! Looks so beautiful :thud:
Happy anniversary :flower:

Siri
May 5th, 2017, 02:17 AM
Welcome back :cheer: you've made great progress! :joy:

Hailwidis
May 5th, 2017, 02:48 AM
Wow, amazing growth! Congratulations.

lapushka
May 5th, 2017, 03:45 AM
Can I just say... that is *amazing* progress. :cheer:
Happy anniversary! :D :flower:

I am sorry about your grandma passing. My condolences!

embee
May 5th, 2017, 05:05 AM
Much sympathy on your grandma. Hard losing loved ones.

Are you sure that is only ONE YEAR of growth? Gracious. I'm so envious!

PixieP
May 5th, 2017, 06:54 AM
Your growth is just mindblowing! Your hair is sheer perfection :inlove:

Love you sweetie *hugs* Happy to hear you're feeling a bit better, I hope it will continue <3

lithostoic
May 5th, 2017, 08:21 AM
Congrats! Very proud of you.

mizukitty
May 5th, 2017, 09:16 AM
Congratulations beautiful!!! Glad to see you back and doing well. :love: :love: :love:

Reyn127
May 5th, 2017, 09:56 AM
I'm glad to see you're back, and it looks like a lot of us here were also wondering where you were. I'm sorry for the tough time you've been going through, but you've been doing an amazing job getting yourself through it safely. I know how depression/anxiety can take over, so I think it's commendable that you're able to speak about it!

And can I just say, WOW growth!!

pailin
May 5th, 2017, 10:00 AM
I'm very sorry to hear what a hard time you've been having, but I'm glad you're here with us.
And your hair has grown a lot!

duchess67
May 5th, 2017, 10:03 AM
Glad you are feeling well. Sorry to hear about your loss.

That is some amazing growth. Congrats!

Rebeccalaurenxx
May 5th, 2017, 11:02 AM
Your hair looks amazing. I was wondering where you went! Your hair is some of my favorite hair on here. Haha.

Kat-Rinnè Naido
May 5th, 2017, 11:23 AM
Congratulations on your one year anniversary.

Wishing you all the best in health both mentally and physically:grouphug:

bparnell75
May 5th, 2017, 11:28 AM
Welcome back. I too am so glad your are better, we need you here. Hair growth in one year is fantastic. Hope to see your posts more often.

MoonRabbit
May 5th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Amazing growth! You have such beautiful hair

DaveDecker
May 5th, 2017, 11:55 AM
Sorry for your loss. Glad you are feeling better these days. Your hair looks great, and that's a lot of growth for just one year!

meteor
May 5th, 2017, 12:13 PM
Congratulations, vampyyri! That's amazing growth!

So sorry to hear about your Grandmother. :blossom:

Really happy to see you back with us! Happy hairiversary, vampyyri! :cake:

Cg
May 5th, 2017, 12:20 PM
We've missed you, vampyyri, but glad to have you back with us!

So sorry for your loss and other difficulties. Sometimes life is really, really hard. That's when you need to remember all the people who care about you.

truepeacenik
May 5th, 2017, 12:30 PM

This is so much better than a zillion cats. Everywhere else does cats. Quail might be our visual cheese.

truepeacenik
May 5th, 2017, 12:34 PM
Vampyyri,
Glad you feel up to interaction again. Sounds like a hard road for you.
Try to ditch guilt with grandmother and think of good times, however many or few.
Guilt is a fairly useless and quite destructive emotion. On a social control level is has some use. But in family? Nope.

How are you feeling post meds? Have a therapist on board?

And on to the real point of your post.... stunning hair.

vampyyri
May 5th, 2017, 12:53 PM
Thank you guys so much for the support! I didn't think anyone noticed I fell off of here but I was clearly wrong :lol: I'm glad to be back!
& thanks for all of the kind words :flowers:

This was one thing I especially missed from being here, the quails always brighten my day right up! :crush:

Vampyyri,
Glad you feel up to interaction again. Sounds like a hard road for you.
Try to ditch guilt with grandmother and think of good times, however many or few.
Guilt is a fairly useless and quite destructive emotion. On a social control level is has some use. But in family? Nope.

How are you feeling post meds? Have a therapist on board?

And on to the real point of your post.... stunning hair.

You're right, it was out of my control. It's not my fault but rather my father's for isolating me from my extended family. When I reunited with them on my own accord, she was far into alzheimer's. Nothing I could have done.

Post meds, I'm able to feel emotion again which is nice. I was a total zombie on them. No therapist on board yet, as I'm feeling pretty well on my own.

Chromis
May 5th, 2017, 12:54 PM
This is so much better than a zillion cats. Everywhere else does cats. Quail might be our visual cheese.

I has no cats to spam alas! (I am pretty much all for cute animal pics though!)

V painted me the amazing thing for a swap package one year, Flora Quail, and it gets compliments from absolutely everyone that comes into the dining room!

VersLaLumière
May 5th, 2017, 02:27 PM
Your hair looks amazing and looks like it's grown super fast this year!

I'm sorry for your loss and wish you happy healthy times ahead :flower:

spidermom
May 5th, 2017, 02:49 PM
Wow - amazing growth in only a year!

hayheadsbird
May 5th, 2017, 02:58 PM
Amazing growth, it looks beautiful <3
I'm glad your back and things are getting better again xx

Suze
May 5th, 2017, 03:33 PM
Wow, that is some growth! Beautiful hair, I also really love the braid in your signature.

Sorry you had such a rough time and awesome that you're doing a bit better. I'm sorry for your loss.

DweamGoiL
May 5th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Glad you are back and that you are doing better!

So sorry for your loss. It's really hard when you lose a Grandma :(

Lady Katherine
May 5th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Sorry to hear that you've been going through a lot, but glad it's starting to get better(((Hugs!!!)))! You should be proud of your progress, it looks great! :blossom::grouphug:

Ophidian
May 5th, 2017, 07:06 PM
Happy anniversary! Your hair looks wonderful. I'm sorry you've had a hard time recently, but happy that the clouds are lifting and thank you for sharing with us :blossom:

Alissalocks
May 5th, 2017, 07:26 PM
Congratulations on your amazing growth, both in hair and in spirit. I think your hair looks lovely, and you'll be classic in no time!!

Xan
May 5th, 2017, 09:09 PM
Looks awesome keep up the great work.:)

TatsuOni
May 6th, 2017, 02:42 AM
Welcome back and great progress! Your hair is beautiful!

Sorry to hear you've been having such a bad time lately.

likelikepenny
May 6th, 2017, 04:50 AM
vampyrri!!!! I was wondering what happened and I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm happy you're back now.

How much has your hair grown in this one year? That's some crazy growth!

vampyyri
May 6th, 2017, 11:15 AM
vampyrri!!!! I was wondering what happened and I'm sorry to hear about your loss, but I'm happy you're back now.

How much has your hair grown in this one year? That's some crazy growth!

I believe I started at 28", and now I'm at 38".

& again thanks so much guys for your outpouring of support, I'm overwhelmed with how many people missed me! All's well now!

PixieP
May 6th, 2017, 01:25 PM
Do you have a bun comparison picture? I'm curious to see how your bun has grown :D

vampyyri
May 6th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Do you have a bun comparison picture? I'm curious to see how your bun has grown :D

Good question, I'd have to find some :p

diddiedaisy
May 6th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Congratulations, you have beautiful hair which seems to grow at supersonic speed!!! :)

vampyyri
May 6th, 2017, 06:32 PM
Congratulations, you have beautiful hair which seems to grow at supersonic speed!!! :)

10" in a year really did surprise me for sure! I never thought my growth rate was actually .75"+ until I actually started measuring since joining here! Thanks dear :flower:

*Wednesday*
May 6th, 2017, 07:06 PM
I'm fairly new here and I haven't interacted with you. I see you went missed at LHC. Your location you are in NJ. I live down the Jersey Shore. :D I wanted to express my sympathies for the loss of your grandmother. I am also very sad to hear about the depression and anxiety. I have family member (father) which struggle the same and with the suicidal issues. I hope you have a good support system in place. I wish you a full happy life from the bottom of my heart. Take on day at a time.

On that note, your hair is absolutely gorgeous.

Serimel
May 6th, 2017, 10:34 PM
I'm so sorry for your loss and hardships. You've done well, you're still standing and good that you took some time off from lhc during these times. I wish life has something sweeter to offer in future and happy to have you back here.

Your hair is gorgeous, one of the manes I've been admiring ever since I joined the community. Truly miraculous growth, congratulations!

Horrorpops
May 8th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Amazing progress for your 1 year anniversary! Also your ends look great and quite thick :o