PDA

View Full Version : Coconut Oil Rules! (Piccies included)

beadedbudgie
March 21st, 2008, 10:04 PM
After hearing all of the good things about it, I finally went out and got some coconut oil.

Oh my goodness! I can't believe the difference in my hair after oiling it. It made it softer and smoother and didn't feel or look oily at all.

I've been using Jojoba oil previously and no matter how little I used, it would make my hair look a tad bit oily.

I'm so happy and I have to show off!

Oiled half on your right and unoiled on your left.

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/beadedbudgie/hair/oilrocks-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/beadedbudgie/hair/IMG_4342-1.jpg

http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a64/beadedbudgie/hair/IMG_4344-1.jpg

jojo
March 21st, 2008, 10:16 PM
wow what a difference, your untouched hair is pretty impressive but look at the shine your hair is like glass!

i love coconut oil too!

BrianaFineHair
March 21st, 2008, 10:21 PM
WOW! The oiled hair looks so smooth and silky! I'm convinced :)

Mahars
March 21st, 2008, 10:29 PM
Wow that looks gorgeous! I should take a before and after picture of my hair when I oil it. What a great way to test how oil affects the hair texture!

MadHatter
March 21st, 2008, 10:32 PM
That's quite a difference (it looked good before, too)! What brand did you use?

maskedrose
March 21st, 2008, 10:34 PM
Wow your hair looks amazing both ways, but after the oil...sooo shiny!

Catladyintown
March 21st, 2008, 10:38 PM
Hi Beadedbudgie your hair looks beautiful. How did you use the coconut oil? Did you use it as a leave-in or a deep conditioner?:) Catladyintown

beadedbudgie
March 21st, 2008, 10:41 PM
Mahars: Yeah, I totally recommend taking before and after pictures of any hair treatment done. I usually have a hard time noticing any changes better or worse, so the pictures helps a lot.

MadHatter: I used this brand called Maya. I found it in the ethnic cooking section of my local grocery store.

To everyone else: Thanks so much for the nice complements. It's so nice being somewhere you know people can share and appreciate hair related topics like this. I hope these pictures can show the difference that simple oiling can do to improve the quality of someones hair.

beadedbudgie
March 21st, 2008, 10:42 PM
Hi Beadedbudgie your hair looks beautiful. How did you use the coconut oil? Did you use it as a leave-in or a deep conditioner?:) Catladyintown

I just used a little bit of it as a leave-in.

eadwine
March 21st, 2008, 11:59 PM
Oh wow, now there is a dramatic difference! You can see it in the shiny parts of the hair. Much smoother and softer looking. Great that you found out about this :D

Carina
March 22nd, 2008, 05:44 AM
I just:rockerdud:inlove:when I saw the difference.It's a little bit easier to see the shine on dark hair than it is on a blonde like me.Talk about shine:agape:.

sapphire-o
March 22nd, 2008, 05:54 AM
Wow that looks so nice! You know it's funny: when I saw your pictures it's like looking at my own. :) We're almost hairtwins, the color and texture look so similar, especially that burgundy glow. I don't think I've seen that tint too often in real life. :) I think yours is a bit darker and thicker than mine, though.

lavenderblue
March 22nd, 2008, 06:01 AM
that sure looks good! I gonna get me some coconut oil too!

mellie
March 22nd, 2008, 06:39 AM
Wow, thank you so much for posting those!

harley mama
March 22nd, 2008, 06:51 AM
I use coconut oil on both my hair and my skin. I love the stuff. I even use it on my face now.

kimki
March 22nd, 2008, 08:29 AM
I use coconut oil on both my hair and my skin. I love the stuff. I even use it on my face now.

Sorry to hijack! Do you use it as a moisturiser then?

sweetlidlred
March 22nd, 2008, 08:51 AM
Your hair looks amazing, I am going to get some coconut oil the next time I go to the store.

GlassEyes
March 22nd, 2008, 09:14 AM
Woah. O_O

Light just ripples off your hair either way, but the oiled side is so much better even than the natural. XD It's all shimmery. <3 And the waves just make it more awesome.

I bet it's fun to see your hair in the sun. ^_^

Elfling
March 22nd, 2008, 09:36 AM
Wow, that's quite an effect. Nice :)

intothemist1999
March 22nd, 2008, 09:37 AM
Wow! It's subtle, since your hair is already so beautiful, but you CAN notice the difference. Thanks for the pics!!

kimki
March 22nd, 2008, 10:39 AM
I wanted to say as well your hair is beautiful. :)

Bonny
March 22nd, 2008, 10:57 AM
Wow. :agape: Gorgeous hair. That's my dream hair!

Good idea, to try it on one side and take pictures. I think I'll have to do that for my next experiments!

violetflower
March 23rd, 2008, 02:27 AM
You can tell, your hair is smoother, softer looking on the oiled hair. Gorgeous!

tiny_teesha
March 23rd, 2008, 04:38 AM
yep, good ole' coconut old does that! Love the stuff!

zift
March 23rd, 2008, 07:18 AM
Hi beadedbudgie,
Wow what an amazing difference. I get the feeling it gets better after I oiled too but never made a comparison like you. Have you tried other oils too or is it just the coconut oil that makes the difference?

yogachic
March 23rd, 2008, 07:30 AM
I love to use coconut oil as a leave in on damp hair. I made a mixture of kimberlily's recipe, but I didn't use essential oils, I used coconut oil and a bit of jojoba oil, its smoothes my frizzy permed hair right out.

Lexie
March 23rd, 2008, 07:57 AM
Less frizz and more definition of your wave. :) I get the same effect. And it makes the hair so incredibly soft, like a baby's hair. Wish I knew about this stuff when I was a kid. My hair was a big frizzball before coconut oil.

mellie
March 23rd, 2008, 10:53 AM
I was so impressed I immediately tried it this morning! :-)

beadedbudgie
March 23rd, 2008, 05:13 PM
Hi beadedbudgie,
Wow what an amazing difference. I get the feeling it gets better after I oiled too but never made a comparison like you. Have you tried other oils too or is it just the coconut oil that makes the difference?

Well, I've only tried olive, jojoba and cocnut oil, but I've done the comparisons with only jojoba and coconut. I tried olive oil a few years ago, but I think I used too much and became an oil slick. Maybe I should try doing a comparison on that one of these days.

Miss World
March 24th, 2008, 12:31 AM
I love coconut oil ^_^ and your hair looks great oiled! doesn't seem oiled at all! just glossy and nice

squiggyflop
March 24th, 2008, 07:50 AM
very nice... im afraid my hennaed hair doesnt like coconut oil... it does like camellia though...
yours is very nice... i wonder would your hair like a hot oil treatment with coconut oil? it might be worth trying...

beadedbudgie
March 24th, 2008, 04:36 PM
... i wonder would your hair like a hot oil treatment with coconut oil? it might be worth trying...

I wonder too. Now I know what I'm doing this weekend :-P

Ohio Sky
March 24th, 2008, 04:38 PM
Your hair was beautiful before, but the coconut oil definitely smoothed it a lot. Im glad you found something you like! :)

intothemist1999
March 24th, 2008, 06:44 PM
hmmmm, I just had some really good luck with coconut oil after my last wash. This time I used the virgin oil, and not only applied it on damp hair, but also on dry. It was a much better result!

ladystar
March 24th, 2008, 06:57 PM
I have yet to find coconut oil that works for me, the one I bought was pasty I dont like it to much its way to thick. Its called Eboline coconut oil hair conditioner with vitamin "e" I am unsure if this is the same one every one is using?

Patrycja
March 25th, 2008, 11:21 AM
That's so pretty.I'm glad you've discovered coconut oil :)

MelLuna
March 25th, 2008, 11:28 AM
What a difference!:agape:

lora410
March 26th, 2008, 12:14 PM
Oh wow what a huge diffrence. Yes, I love my coconut oil to and it makes my hair silky soft and my dd's to. I have my hair slathered in it today for a heavy oilign and up in a bun for work..he he he

levelek
March 26th, 2008, 01:28 PM
Your hair is really beautiful both ways - to me they seem equally lovely, just in different ways.

Coconut oil makes my hair softer than anything else, but my hair also "fills up" on it faster, so I can't use it as often as jojoba.

xrosiex
March 26th, 2008, 05:32 PM
I do the same thing I love coconut oil!:cheer:

cosmogonic
March 26th, 2008, 09:01 PM
Ladystar, we're just using coconut oil. As in, that's the only ingredient. You can find it in the cooking section of many grocery stores.