PDA

View Full Version : Chronic TE?

ninjarambohd
April 26th, 2017, 02:25 PM
Hi there all! So basically I am writing on this forum on my brothers account figured there is no point in making a new account and it may get blocked as we use the same computer.

Anyhow, back in November or December of 2012 I became very sick for no apparent reason and could not eat anything at all. I remember I could chew on the food but just couldn't swallow it at all. This went on for a good 7 or 8 months. Then somewhere in Sept of 2013 I started shedding more hair. I didn't think much of it at all. The shedding is still with me but much much less now.

Then in November of 2014 I shaved down my head to a grade 5. It was then that I noticed that parts of my scalp was visible and under light it was even more visible. Again I didn't think much of it as I hadn't really shaved my head down before.

I shaved my head down again in May of 2015 and my scalp was still visible. So the derm said you have chronic TE due to not eating properly and being underweight. I am 22 years old and a male and I only weight about 55KG (121 lbs).

Now nearly 3 or 4 years on my hair started to shed a lot back in October 2016 and sometimes it's good sometimes it's bad as in some days I may shed a lot of hair and then some days I may shed much less. I read and apparently Chronic TE does this. I really blame myself to be honest because even though I know the cause I didn't really put a stop to the cause.

But since December of 2016 I changed and started eating more chicken, meat and vegetables. Then back in March the doctor gave me a Hair, Nails and Skin Vitamin which I have been taking since March 12th.

Now my hair has changed texture since taking them it has become much more thicker. However I have a major problem. My hair texture is not the same as it used to be. It is kind of brittle and I have all these short and long hairs sticking up all over the place on my scalp.

I was wondering could this be new regrowth or does change in hair texture mean my TE is back again? If not how long does it realistically take to recover and get your old hair back after removing the causing trigger in Chronic TE?

Sorry for the long post and thank you everyone for your time.

Ophidian
April 26th, 2017, 05:58 PM
Hi there,

I am not sure what TE is and I'm not qualified to answer your questions about any medical condition, but I just wanted to say that I hope you are feeling better and that taking care of your general health is probably the best thing you can do for your hair. It sounds like you are working with a doctor and getting your nutrition back on track so that's a good thing for sure. I have seen others here talk about hair regrowth after a major shed so maybe someone else will be able to answer some of your questions. Take care.

ninjarambohd
April 26th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Hi there,

I am not sure what TE is and I'm not qualified to answer your questions about any medical condition, but I just wanted to say that I hope you are feeling better and that taking care of your general health is probably the best thing you can do for your hair. It sounds like you are working with a doctor and getting your nutrition back on track so that's a good thing for sure. I have seen others here talk about hair regrowth after a major shed so maybe someone else will be able to answer some of your questions. Take care.

Thank you so much for your kind words!

Ophidian
April 26th, 2017, 06:16 PM
Whoops, double post.

You're welcome, and hang in there :flower:

ninjarambohd
April 26th, 2017, 06:39 PM
This is a picture I took right now. I shaved my head down to a 5 again about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The pictures are of me sitting down and a fluorescent light above on the ceiling. If I hold the camera higher some scalp would be visible. Now what I'm not sure about is whether under sunlight how my hair would look like. As in do people view my hair like it is in the picture or no?

https://s2.postimg.org/h41djzecp/20170427_013418.jpg

Crown: https://s14.postimg.org/8nqzjw2up/20170427_013445.jpg

Anje
April 26th, 2017, 07:44 PM
Mod note: We can absolutely have multiple members from the same household. Just have to know that's what's going on so it doesn't look like someone is creating sockpuppet accounts.

ninjarambohd
April 27th, 2017, 04:50 AM
Mod note: We can absolutely have multiple members from the same household. Just have to know that's what's going on so it doesn't look like someone is creating sockpuppet accounts.

Oh really? That's cool then. I will make an account of my own. Thank you.

lapushka
April 27th, 2017, 05:35 AM
This is a picture I took right now. I shaved my head down to a 5 again about 2 or 3 weeks ago. The pictures are of me sitting down and a fluorescent light above on the ceiling. If I hold the camera higher some scalp would be visible. Now what I'm not sure about is whether under sunlight how my hair would look like. As in do people view my hair like it is in the picture or no?

https://s2.postimg.org/h41djzecp/20170427_013418.jpg

Crown: https://s14.postimg.org/8nqzjw2up/20170427_013445.jpg

That doesn't look like anything is wrong with it. Just looks like a normal buzz cut to me. *Very* thick too!

ninjarambohd
April 27th, 2017, 07:22 AM
That doesn't look like anything is wrong with it. Just looks like a normal buzz cut to me. *Very* thick too!

Really? That's a relief then. Maybe it has gotten better over the course of the last few months. Yes it's quite thick. However a few months back my hair was much much longer about below eyebrows length and I felt as if it was lifeless. Maybe if I grow it out now it's thickness would be back to normal.

DaveDecker
April 27th, 2017, 07:38 AM
I suspect that the terms "TE" and "grade 5" are not widely known within this community (I've never heard of either). It seems like your concern is best addressed by your doctor(s); this community is not a warranted source of medical guidance. Hope your condition is resolved quickly.

ninjarambohd
April 27th, 2017, 07:47 AM
I suspect that the terms "TE" and "grade 5" are not widely known within this community (I've never heard of either). It seems like your concern is best addressed by your doctor(s); this community is not a warranted source of medical guidance. Hope your condition is resolved quickly.

My apology I meant Guard 5 and TE is Telogen Effivulim

Obsidian
April 27th, 2017, 09:35 AM
In case people are still confused, guard 5 refers to the length of electric clipper guards.

ninjarambohd
April 27th, 2017, 09:58 AM
In case people are still confused, guard 5 refers to the length of electric clipper guards.

Exactly, thank you for clarifying this.