PDA

View Full Version : Denman Brush for Curls

likelikepenny
April 26th, 2017, 05:15 AM
Does anyone use this brush to define their curls? I always see natural gurus using it to really make their curls pop but I'm not sure how they do it. Is there a special technique? Do you like the brush or hate it? Have you tried it?

lapushka
April 26th, 2017, 05:31 AM
This girl uses it for definition... hang on now I have to go look through my feed. LOL! Nah, can't find her. She has *long* hair, though. If I find her, I'll add it to this thread.

I've seen it used on bottom inches only to define that part.

ExpectoPatronum
April 26th, 2017, 03:51 PM
The Denman brush has recently become a regular part of my styling routine as I find it gives me the curl definition that I'm after. My hair has a tendency to form larger clumps and ringlets. I prefer my curls to be separated and defined. I also get much nicer curl formation as the denman helps ensure I get my product from the root of the curl to the ends.

What works best for me is raking my styling products through (usually leave in, cream, then gel) and then I use the Denman to make sure the product is not only evenly distributed, but also to separate my clumps. After that I'll scrunch and diffuse dry. Most routine changes don't yield drastically different results - I can sub products, switch techniques and have relatively same-looking hair. I can always tell when I use a denman versus when I don't. It makes that much of a difference for me.

Hairkay
April 26th, 2017, 04:40 PM
I've never used it but I have seen this way to modify the brush to suit in a detangling video.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iT5hSMOAWtQ

ExpectoPatronum
April 26th, 2017, 06:16 PM
^^ That's what I did to mine.

lapushka
April 27th, 2017, 06:01 AM
I just bought the one with the wider spaced teeth (I'll go check what number it is), so I wouldn't have to modify mine.

It is the... Denman D41!

likelikepenny
April 27th, 2017, 11:07 AM
I've tried it, but I don't think I'm using it properly as it resulted in large clumps and then when I tried to separate, frizz. I'm going to try it again though to see if I can hack it.