PDA

View Full Version : Braid tassel protection

proo
April 25th, 2017, 06:45 AM
in my never ending search for braid tassel protection, lately this has been working great:
braid all the way to the very ends
take about a 12" piece of thick wool roving
starting approximately 4-5" from the braid end, wrap the roving around the braid
then braid it all together using the braid as one strand and the roving as the other two.
You'll run out of braid before roving which disappears paranda-style;
that's where I apply a smallish claw clip, leaving 2-3" of roving as tassel.
My roving is baby alpaca, full of lanolin, quite moisturizing and it matches my hair pretty well.
I also like the weight and "swing" the roving/claw provide.

samanthaa
April 25th, 2017, 10:46 AM
I do like a paranda for protecting a braid tassel, especially at night.

Do you like to leave your braid hanging? For ultimate protection, I'll bun my braid (without securing it, so I don't get any damage from an elastic) in a cinnabun and secure with spin bins. Not the prettiest bun ever in my opinion (or maybe I'm just reeeeeeally bored of it, considering how often I do it) but it's protective!

proo
April 25th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Yes I bun it-
It's usually a Chinese stick bun of some kind which holds like a rock.
The roving texture and extra length really make it secure

Ophidian
April 25th, 2017, 03:49 PM
That's a clever idea proo! When my hair gets long enough for a braided bun I will have to try it.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 25th, 2017, 03:54 PM
in my never ending search for braid tassel protection, lately this has been working great:
braid all the way to the very ends
take about a 12" piece of thick wool roving
starting approximately 4-5" from the braid end, wrap the roving around the braid
then braid it all together using the braid as one strand and the roving as the other two.
You'll run out of braid before roving which disappears paranda-style;
that's where I apply a smallish claw clip, leaving 2-3" of roving as tassel.
My roving is baby alpaca, full of lanolin, quite moisturizing and it matches my hair pretty well.
I also like the weight and "swing" the roving/claw provide.

Can you show us some pictures? Would love to see how it looks.