PDA

View Full Version : Garnier Fructis products!

lapushka
April 24th, 2017, 01:37 PM
I noticed there wasn't a one-stop shop for this brand/line. So, started this one.

I wanted to discuss the latest (and may be not so greatest) of products, the coconut water shampoo (dark green bottle). I found it at my local grocer (Belgium).

My issue is this. My hair had dried, and I felt this residue on it as if it had been sprayed at the root with dry shampoo... a little too heavily. This morning, it was all gone, but still. I felt it all over my hair yesterday.

Maybe it keeps my hair less oily, I'll get back to you on that. I don't think I will be washing with this again next weekend, not twice in a row, but we'll see.

Also, my conditioners didn't rinse out as well as normal... and that was quite noticeable too.

The shampoo has sulfates in it, but has such a *weird* formulation to it.

It is this shampoo:
http://www.garnier.fr/~/media/garnier%20local/fr-fr/prd-haircare/haircare_brands_fructis_hydra_pure_coconut_water/garnier-fructis-hydra-pure-coconut-water-shampooing-fortifiant_big.png?c=1&h=488

elfgirl
April 24th, 2017, 03:03 PM
While I haven't tried that specific type of Garnier Fructis yet, I did try their products for some time back when my hair was longer, and the "all over my hair" feeling you described in the main post happened to me too. The conditioners seemed more sticky/not able to rinse out all the way, as well, and I had lots of extra build up. I discontinued using that shampoo on my hair pretty quickly.

I'm not sure if this happens with all of their products (I used GF around seven years ago) and have not used it since, but maybe it's something with GF in particular? Just thinking out loud.

lapushka
April 24th, 2017, 03:11 PM
No, not for me. I used GF for *years* when I was a teen. I am not talking about the siliconey feeling - this was a dry, cakey residue feeling unlike anything else I have *ever* felt from any shampoo out there. To the point where I actually contemplated washing again, but I decided to see what it would be like the next day - and thank God, because it's A-OK now.

No, at least for me, it is nothing that is GF specific.

This is *weirdness*.

I suspect it's the "coconut water" in the formula.

likelikepenny
April 24th, 2017, 07:46 PM
I'm so happy you made this thread Lapushka! I was considering making one but I'm glad you got to it :)

I was wondering if anyone has tried the new gel. It comes in a pretty large tub for about $8 CAD but It contains sulfates :confused:. I tried a little in store and it wasn't too bad, a little drying though. I can't find any trace of it online which is quite odd. Has anyone seen or tried it yet?

lapushka
April 25th, 2017, 05:22 AM
I was wondering if anyone has tried the new gel. It comes in a pretty large tub for about $8 CAD but It contains sulfates :confused:. I tried a little in store and it wasn't too bad, a little drying though. I can't find any trace of it online which is quite odd. Has anyone seen or tried it yet?

Are the ingredients online somewhere. I'll take a look. A gel with sulfates. Why?

I just have the generic gel from Aldi (there are 3 but 2 of them contain alcohol denat., and one doesn't). It's got great ingredients. It doesn't always need to come from a brand. I have some gel by Nivea as well, as those ingredients were fine too. And I had some gel by Lidl (back when they still did one - they no longer do).

mizukitty
April 25th, 2017, 10:21 AM
No, not for me. I used GF for *years* when I was a teen. I am not talking about the siliconey feeling - this was a dry, cakey residue feeling unlike anything else I have *ever* felt from any shampoo out there. To the point where I actually contemplated washing again, but I decided to see what it would be like the next day - and thank God, because it's A-OK now.

No, at least for me, it is nothing that is GF specific.

This is *weirdness*.

I suspect it's the "coconut water" in the formula.

I suspect glycol distearate. It's a pearlescent waxy solid that thickens shampoos, stabilizes the emulsion, and makes it look pretty and non-clear. It's mainly used to give volume to hair - the residue is probably supposed to give grip to the root hairs to help them look "voluminous."

I can't stand the feeling!! Does your hair look more voluminous at least? :lol:

lapushka
April 25th, 2017, 02:53 PM
I suspect glycol distearate. It's a pearlescent waxy solid that thickens shampoos, stabilizes the emulsion, and makes it look pretty and non-clear. It's mainly used to give volume to hair - the residue is probably supposed to give grip to the root hairs to help them look "voluminous."

I can't stand the feeling!! Does your hair look more voluminous at least? :lol:

Nope. The residue was gone the next day - really *odd*. And now my hair feels a little dryer at the root than normal (but it feels like normal hair); I mean I have a feeling it will be less oily than normal by the end of the week. Nevertheless, I am going to skip this shampoo for a week just to get back to "normal".

This was just a little weird for me. :lol:

likelikepenny
April 25th, 2017, 05:07 PM
Are the ingredients online somewhere. I'll take a look. A gel with sulfates. Why?

I just have the generic gel from Aldi (there are 3 but 2 of them contain alcohol denat., and one doesn't). It's got great ingredients. It doesn't always need to come from a brand. I have some gel by Nivea as well, as those ingredients were fine too. And I had some gel by Lidl (back when they still did one - they no longer do).

I've found no trace of it online or the website, yet I saw it in my local walmart :rolleyes:.

What attracted me was the large size of the container as well as the thick consistency. However it had sodium laureth sulfate which turned me off :/. I'm still curious though.

Chamomile betty
April 26th, 2017, 04:59 AM
Garnier Triple Nutrition is a staple in my shower for years. It is the one for dry damaged hair.
Old member here, this post so happened to have brought me out of just reading because I like the product so much 😉

lapushka
April 26th, 2017, 05:51 AM
I've found no trace of it online or the website, yet I saw it in my local walmart :rolleyes:.

What attracted me was the large size of the container as well as the thick consistency. However it had sodium laureth sulfate which turned me off :/. I'm still curious though.

If it has SLS in it, don't get the gel. It's odd though, why it would be in there. What's it called?

Babyfine
April 26th, 2017, 02:19 PM
I like the Pure Clean Gel. it's the only one from that line that I use. and I like the triple nutrition conditioner, but I've used up my old bottle of that and it's gone. I still have the gel from a couple of years ago. It's close to all natural, and I purchased it as people on another forum were talking about how it made their hair curlier. It didn't do that for me, alas, but I like it. I have to use a small amount, though, for my uber fine hair. It's got good hold.

meteor
April 26th, 2017, 05:17 PM
Garnier Triple Nutrition is a staple in my shower for years. It is the one for dry damaged hair.
Old member here, this post so happened to have brought me out of just reading because I like the product so much ��

I love that Triple Nutrition product, too. :agree: Especially the old formula of the conditioner.
I'm also a fan of GF Sleek & Shine products, especially the Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum (https://18165-presscdn-0-1-81385-laedukreationpvt.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Garnier-Fructis-Sleek-and-Shine-Anti-Frizz-Serum-Review.jpg) and the Sleek & Shine "intensely smooth" conditioning cream leave-in (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LNCky_kaPy0/TpxTdcmHfVI/AAAAAAAAARM/8eL9qmIB8eA/s1600/Garnier+fructis+leave+in+new+formula.jpg), which I found really good on both dry and wet hair in my case.

sumidha
April 26th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I have never met a Garnier Fructis conditioning product my hair didn't like.

Can't speak for the shampoos or gels though, I've never tried them.

lapushka
April 27th, 2017, 07:05 AM
Update on my coconut water shampoo. My hair still feels dry at the roots and it is Thursday, usually the day where it would get oily a bit. It's not. It's really dry feeling at the root. It's *so* weird, you guys. Honestly, this shampoo... And I don't have flakes around my temples and sides either. I don't quite know what to think.

I will wash (and change it out) this Sunday. I think I'll just wash with my Pantene Aqua Light this time (that's been a while). And then try this again the week after.

So odd...

Groovy Granny
April 27th, 2017, 09:32 AM
I used GF all the time with good results...until those with ARGAN OIL began staining my silver :(

Thankfully using my silver shampoo and clarifying it a few times cleared it up! :p

lapushka
April 27th, 2017, 10:38 AM
I used GF all the time with good results...until those with ARGAN OIL began staining my silver :(

Thankfully using my silver shampoo and clarifying it a few times cleared it up! :p

If anything, it at least proves the argan oil is in there. :p ;)

likelikepenny
April 27th, 2017, 11:12 AM
If it has SLS in it, don't get the gel. It's odd though, why it would be in there. What's it called?

I believe it's garnier fructis ultra hold gel or something like that. If I go back to my local walmart, I'll take a picture.

Groovy Granny
April 27th, 2017, 11:29 AM
If anything, it at least proves the argan oil is in there. :p ;)

Very true :rollin: ~ glad to oblige you all :bow:

lapushka
April 27th, 2017, 01:40 PM
I believe it's garnier fructis ultra hold gel or something like that. If I go back to my local walmart, I'll take a picture.

Don't go out of your way. I think I'll go Google. Hang on.

There's this one, and this one has alcohol denat. (no-go):
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/hairspray-and-hold/gel/garnier-fructis-style-super-stiff-gel.aspx

This one seems OK to me:
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/mens-hairstyling-products/gel/power-gel-disorder.aspx

This one seems OK to me too:
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/mens-hairstyling-products/gel/pure-clean-styling-gel.aspx

likelikepenny
April 28th, 2017, 04:45 AM
Don't go out of your way. I think I'll go Google. Hang on.

There's this one, and this one has alcohol denat. (no-go):
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/hairspray-and-hold/gel/garnier-fructis-style-super-stiff-gel.aspx

This one seems OK to me:
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/mens-hairstyling-products/gel/power-gel-disorder.aspx

This one seems OK to me too:
http://www.garnierusa.com/products/styling/mens-hairstyling-products/gel/pure-clean-styling-gel.aspx

Unfortunately, it's none of those :/. It's so odd that I can't find any trace of it anywhere and it's supposed to be a new product.

lapushka
April 28th, 2017, 04:48 AM
Unfortunately, it's none of those :/. It's so odd that I can't find any trace of it anywhere and it's supposed to be a new product.

The same goes for my new shampoo. It's like there's almost no trace of it on the web. I had to really *dig* for it! :lol:

Update on my shampoo. It is a weird one. About a few inches away from my roots it's dry as heck (as if I had sprayed dry shampoo). It's gotten a little oily today, but nothing major. I will use this shampoo up, of course, but will interchange it with my regular shampoos.

Chamomile betty
April 28th, 2017, 04:59 AM
I love that Triple Nutrition product, too. :agree: Especially the old formula of the conditioner.
I'm also a fan of GF Sleek & Shine products, especially the Sleek & Shine Anti-Frizz Serum (https://18165-presscdn-0-1-81385-laedukreationpvt.netdna-ssl.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/02/Garnier-Fructis-Sleek-and-Shine-Anti-Frizz-Serum-Review.jpg) and the Sleek & Shine "intensely smooth" conditioning cream leave-in (http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-LNCky_kaPy0/TpxTdcmHfVI/AAAAAAAAARM/8eL9qmIB8eA/s1600/Garnier+fructis+leave+in+new+formula.jpg), which I found really good on both dry and wet hair in my case.

I used the Sleek and Shine a few years ago and liked it. I am in the market for a new leave so will check that cream one out.
I do know that my local SAMs Club seems to always sells Garnier in bulk so if anyone is interested check it out. It just took me forever to use up the conditioner.

lapushka
May 1st, 2017, 05:17 AM
About the Garnier coconut water shampoo! Please beware!

Because now this Sunday, I have felt the clear difference between my roots with this shampoo and my roots with a "normal", "regular" shampoo, I have decided to decant it into my hand soap container. I can't. I just can't. It almost feels like it's dirty if you've just washed your hair, like you oversprayed dry shampoo into it. I was far too positive with it, as positive as I could be, but this is honestly too much.

There is something wrong with this shampoo (for me at least)! Or oddly *off*. So please beware if you are indeed thinking of trying it. It might be good for you, please do not *not* try it because of my one bad experience. It is either the entire formula or the coconut water.

But... now I know. :shrug:

lapushka
May 1st, 2017, 05:35 AM
I am so bummed that I have an "expensive" hand soap now. LOL!

But... I just can't. Maybe someone else will, that washes more frequently? But I do my hair once a week and it needs to be *good* for the rest of the week. If I start out the week with roots feeling like they had a can of dry shampoo, then it's a no-go. Now, the next day they felt a lot better, but I am just not looking forward to going through that entire process again. It did slow my oil down by about half a day to a day, but it still got major oil on Sunday. So... I don't know if it's worth it. Not to me. It's like I can't make up my mind. :lol:

But when your roots don't feel normal after a wash, what would you do? You'd be inclined to wash again, right? Well, I don't want that feeling, if only for an evening.

I'm just sad this didn't work out... :(

megthehennahead
May 2nd, 2017, 08:30 PM
I use the GF (sometimes I forget and think this means gluten free) Grow Strong set (shampoo, conditioner, shower mask, and leave in serum) and I really like them! I don't have issues with dryness or overstripping oils. The conditioner is thick, which I like because I like to take my time detangling with my fingers in the shower, so the thickness helps it stick around while I do that. Plus, DBF and I both love the smell.

Winter Fox
May 3rd, 2017, 02:37 AM
My best friend acutally recommended me the Coconut Water shampoo so I tried it - so far only twice. To me it's one of those shampoos that leave me with a "residue feeling" at first.
When I run my fingers through the half dry hair it feels as if I put conditioner on my scalp (which I never do) and when I used it the first time I was worried that the shampoo didn't clean my hair.
But once my hair was completely dry it was clean but soft at the same time and the residue feeling was gone. I think I won't be using this shampoo too much in a row but instead maybe every second wash.
The smell is divine (I generally love the smell of Fructis products!) and I also bought the Oil Repair 3 mask - the one with Avocado oil - but can't yet decide if I like it or not.
I used it two times now and feel like it doesn't provide enough moisture to my damaged ends.

lapushka
May 3rd, 2017, 06:47 AM
My best friend acutally recommended me the Coconut Water shampoo so I tried it - so far only twice. To me it's one of those shampoos that leave me with a "residue feeling" at first.
When I run my fingers through the half dry hair it feels as if I put conditioner on my scalp (which I never do) and when I used it the first time I was worried that the shampoo didn't clean my hair.
But once my hair was completely dry it was clean but soft at the same time and the residue feeling was gone. I think I won't be using this shampoo too much in a row but instead maybe every second wash.
The smell is divine (I generally love the smell of Fructis products!) and I also bought the Oil Repair 3 mask - the one with Avocado oil - but can't yet decide if I like it or not.
I used it two times now and feel like it doesn't provide enough moisture to my damaged ends.

Yes, that's what I had, a dry residue as if I'd gone over it with dry shampoo. I use a lot of shampoo when cleaning the hair, so might explain why I had so much residue. It is just not for me. I bought it together with the nutri repair 3 mask. It only takes 1 min. so I'll take that! But it wasn't moisturizing enough for a 2nd conditioner, so now I'm using it as my 1st conditioner in WCC.

Dark40
May 3rd, 2017, 03:39 PM
While I've never tried the particular product from Garnier Fructis before but I've tried, and have used a couple of their other products. Like, Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition and Damage Eraser. I love those 2 products!!! They've always have protected my hair from any possible damage.

lapushka
May 3rd, 2017, 04:38 PM
Oh, don't get me wrong. I like GF products, a lot. Just... this coconut water shampoo didn't work out for me. In all these years that I've been using them (have been using them since my teens), it's the first product that is really *weird* to me to the point where it simply does not work out.

meteor
May 5th, 2017, 01:20 PM
Has anybody tried that new "Moisture Lock" line by Garnier Fructis, especially the conditioner and that rescue leave-in? :) What do you guys think of them?

mermaid lullaby
May 5th, 2017, 05:34 PM
Has anybody tried that new "Moisture Lock" line by Garnier Fructis, especially the conditioner and that rescue leave-in? :) What do you guys think of them?

I never seen it before, is it new Meteor?

I'm sorry to hear about the coconut water shampoo Lapushka, hope everything clears up soon! Thats too bad.

I really like the sleek and shine serum. I use a drop or two but not any more otherwise it looks clumpy but, I love that stuff.

Frankenstein
May 5th, 2017, 08:46 PM

I have the conditioner that I haven't used yet. I bought it for the smell.

ReadingRenee
May 5th, 2017, 11:15 PM
I was just on their website and I am interested in sleek and shine zero. Has anyone tried it? It's for frizzy FINE hair. Supposedly won't weigh your hair down and its silicone free. I'm intrigued.

I used sleek and shine serum this week and really liked it.

lapushka
May 6th, 2017, 03:40 PM

Not to be found in my part of the world either.

Winter Fox
June 14th, 2017, 02:17 AM
I just wanted to chime in and report that my fiance loves the coconut water shampoo. It helped him reduce his dandruff to only some big flakes now and then (instead of a full head of tiny flakes).
He tried another Fructis Shampoo - the volume one - but the tiny dandruff flakes came back instantly so he switched back to the coconut shampoo.
I'm happy he found something that helps him with his dandruff *and* he smells amazing whenever he washes his hair so that's another benefit :D

Liminally
June 14th, 2017, 06:07 AM
Okay maybe I'm crazy but does anyone remember back when this line first came out and they had essentially a form of fructose in the shampoo/conditioner? I can't remember which one I used but my hair was sticky and disgusting after using it, almost sounds similar to the weirdness others have discussed in this thread.
I looked up one of their shampoos at random now and there's sugar cane extract in it? But I remember clear as day reading the label back when it first came out and seeing a derivative of fructose in there after I used it and couldn't figure out why my hair was *so* gunked up.

Is it normal to have sugar cane extract in a shampoo?
I don't know if they all have this but maybe that could explain some people's issues with this line?

Personally I swore off anything by GF after that. I can't get over that they essentially gunked up my hair with straight up /sugar/.

lapushka
June 14th, 2017, 10:07 AM
Okay maybe I'm crazy but does anyone remember back when this line first came out and they had essentially a form of fructose in the shampoo/conditioner? I can't remember which one I used but my hair was sticky and disgusting after using it, almost sounds similar to the weirdness others have discussed in this thread.
I looked up one of their shampoos at random now and there's sugar cane extract in it? But I remember clear as day reading the label back when it first came out and seeing a derivative of fructose in there after I used it and couldn't figure out why my hair was *so* gunked up.

Is it normal to have sugar cane extract in a shampoo?
I don't know if they all have this but maybe that could explain some people's issues with this line?

Personally I swore off anything by GF after that. I can't get over that they essentially gunked up my hair with straight up /sugar/.

I don't think that's it - at all! I have used GF in my teens without problems, have used *many* of their shampoos without hiccups, it is just the coconut water one that doesn't agree with me.

Liminally
June 16th, 2017, 07:10 AM
I don't think that's it - at all! I have used GF in my teens without problems, have used *many* of their shampoos without hiccups, it is just the coconut water one that doesn't agree with me.

In all fairness, I don't trust coconut water full stop ;P
I'm glad that GF works so well for you aside from this one! Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to give them another go...

GabrielleRose
June 19th, 2017, 01:53 PM
I was just on their website and I am interested in sleek and shine zero. Has anyone tried it? It's for frizzy FINE hair. Supposedly won't weigh your hair down and its silicone free. I'm intrigued.

I used sleek and shine serum this week and really liked it.

I was going to ask the same. I have the conditioner and really like it! I love the smell which smells like pineapple candy to me and it detangles well. I picked up the shampoo to try, I'm usually sulfate free but I have some build up so I'm hoping it'll relieve that.

lapushka
June 19th, 2017, 02:29 PM
In all fairness, I don't trust coconut water full stop ;P
I'm glad that GF works so well for you aside from this one! Maybe one day I'll be brave enough to give them another go...

They now even have paraben-free formula's. I have had their triple nutrition mask that you leave in 1 min. and you are done with. It wasn't bad as a first conditioner (in WCC) for me.

GabrielleRose
July 11th, 2017, 01:04 PM
I tried the shampoo and even though it has sulfates it seems pretty gentle to me.

lapushka
July 11th, 2017, 02:45 PM
I tried the shampoo and even though it has sulfates it seems pretty gentle to me.

That's always been my impression of that line as well. :)

GabrielleRose
July 12th, 2017, 04:58 PM
That's always been my impression of that line as well. :)

Sorry for not specifying, I tried the sleek and shine zero shampoo in case anyone is wondering. :)

Gentle yet cleansing lapushka. ;)

Andthetalltrees
July 22nd, 2017, 02:37 PM
I got the sleek and shine leave in because I've seen it around and needed a leave in and it was cheap if my hair hated it. But I have to say I absolutely love it, The smell and look is very much like triple nutrition. It does exactly like what it says on the package, My hair is extra shiny, Less frizz and no tangles. Between this and Honey treasures my hair is quite happy right now, But I noticed it has lemon protein, I don't know if it'll build up and cause problems eventually. Though I used triple nutrition for months with lemon protein and my hair was pretty okay with it for the most part(I'm still not sure if it contributed to protein overload or not. because I used it again after I solved the issue and it didn't bother my hair at all).

lapushka
July 22nd, 2017, 03:15 PM
I got the sleek and shine leave in because I've seen it around and needed a leave in and it was cheap if my hair hated it. But I have to say I absolutely love it, The smell and look is very much like triple nutrition. It does exactly like what it says on the package, My hair is extra shiny, Less frizz and no tangles. Between this and Honey treasures my hair is quite happy right now, But I noticed it has lemon protein, I don't know if it'll build up and cause problems eventually. Though I used triple nutrition for months with lemon protein and my hair was pretty okay with it for the most part(I'm still not sure if it contributed to protein overload or not. because I used it again after I solved the issue and it didn't bother my hair at all).

Look at this for a comparison with the whole blends leave-in:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UccN0FuCjGU&t=103s

Gillian1978
July 24th, 2017, 01:51 PM
I used to love the sleek and shine serum that was in a little ball shaped bottle! But as I'm in the U.K. They don't sell it here anymore :(

lithostoic
August 6th, 2017, 07:03 AM
Thinking of getting the curl construct mousse for my birthday. My hair loves the sleek and shine serum.

WillOTree
September 21st, 2017, 08:24 AM
Garnier fructis sleek and shine zero is niiiice. It's not overly drying and cleans well for me. It really made my hair so much shinier and smooth without it feeling stripped. Put a little leave in on (bioterra without cones, I'm experimenting) and my hair is SO HAPPY.

lapushka
September 21st, 2017, 08:41 AM
Garnier fructis sleek and shine zero is niiiice. It's not overly drying and cleans well for me. It really made my hair so much shinier and smooth without it feeling stripped. Put a little leave in on (bioterra without cones, I'm experimenting) and my hair is SO HAPPY.

That's nice! :D

girlwithsixarms
September 21st, 2017, 06:50 PM
I've been using the Butter Rich shampoo and conditioner for a bit now. I used to use the Triple Nutrition shampoo/conditioner in summer and sub out the shampoo for Head&Shoulders with almond oil in winter to prevent scalp itchiness, but the Butter Rich has been working for me year round. It's also their first formulation that's sulfate free, so there's that if it's something you care about. I've been using Garnier Fructis on and off for about 15 years now - I tend to circle back to it because it's relatively inexpensive, easy to find, and I know that whatever fragrances they use don't make me break out in hives.

C_Bookworm
September 21st, 2017, 07:56 PM
I've been working my way through their various leave-ins. A few months ago there was a buy one, get one free sale, so I stocked up on everything I've been wanting to try. I realized I haven't been systematically working my way through it, just randomly trying one for a day here or there. I figured I probably need to be more intentional about it so I can gauge the results.

So the last few days I've been trying out their Damage Eraser Liquid Strength Treatment with Protein. It leaves my hair super shiny and moderately slippy. It was rainy today, and I can say it did nothing to prevent frizz :p But so far I'm pleased. It seems to be a good value for the price.

Andthetalltrees
September 26th, 2017, 04:18 PM
The sleek and shine leave-in I've been using for awhile. I've started using it more like a detangler on dry hair, Since figuring that out I've grown to like it a lot more, It keeps my ends from tangling up and makes it look really shiny and soft.

Rockin' Gramma
October 23rd, 2017, 09:30 AM
I've been using Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus and its JBCO products for a while, but am taking a break by going with the Garnier Sleek & Smooth line for a bit to help grow out my chin-length wavy hair. Trying to grow out wavy hair at this length is a real test of my sanity, so my strategy is to use the Garnier products to relax the waves. I'm hoping another 2-3" will do the trick.

I'm using the Sleek & Smooth shampoo and conditioner as well as the Sleek & Shiney anti-frizz serum and the anti-humidity smoothing milk. The last two products create an LOC of sorts. I'm very pleased with how it's working so far. I air dry about 50% and then partially blow dry (concentrating on the front).

I find with the coating of the shampoo and conditioner, I need to do a couple extra minutes of rinsing with both to get it all out.

So far this working very well. I'm hoping to maintain this regimen for the winter and then return to Shea Moisture to let the waves do their thing.

lapushka
October 23rd, 2017, 09:39 AM
I use sulfate shampoos, and condition twice - I have never been able to relax my wavy texture just by going with a sulfate shampoo. To put it another way, I have never had more wave definition with sulfate-free products. YMMV, of course.

I'm glad it works for you! :thumbsup:

Rockin' Gramma
October 23rd, 2017, 06:35 PM
I’m guessing the wave relaxing is less about the shampoo and more about the conditioner, serum and humidity milk. Of course the summer humidity season is over so that’s likely a factor too.

lapushka
October 24th, 2017, 05:25 AM
I’m guessing the wave relaxing is less about the shampoo and more about the conditioner, serum and humidity milk. Of course the summer humidity season is over so that’s likely a factor too.

That could well be it; but if you're more comfortable with another shampoo depending on the season: go for it! :)

renia22
December 16th, 2023, 07:35 AM
Resurrecting this old thread to say I love the Full & Plush shampoo and conditioner. I’ve never been a big Garnier fan, but I thought I’d give these a try since they smell like berry, and I was in the mood for something different. They work well on my fine hair, making it flowy and clean:

https://i.ibb.co/WgsLTrS/IMG-5604.jpg (https://imgbb.com/)

Ylva
January 5th, 2024, 11:53 AM
The Aloe Air-Drying Cream seems to have been discontinued. :( It's not like it was a holy grail for me or anything; I liked it but my hair does fine without a cream leave-in. However, the scent is HEAVENLY, and it's still a very nice, light leave-in.