PDA

View Full Version : Once You've Reached Your Goal..

nitagurl
April 23rd, 2017, 04:20 PM
What will you do once you've reached your goal length? Feel free to mention what that goal is.

I've always imagined myself doing the following:

1. Taking pictures in every position, from every angle imaginable and posting about it on Hairlista, Black Hair Media, and LHC. The real world wouldn't know how to celebrate the right way.

2. I'd flat iron without a second thought. My hair looks really good in it's natural state thanks to all of the knowledge I've aquired in the last 5 years. But it only sits at half of its length when curly. So i would definitely allow myself to enjoy the look and feel of ALL of it stretched completely out.

3. I'd show off. Shoot me in the foot for telling the truth but I'd probably find some extremely obscure reason to pass through anywhere and everywhere I have ever been just for the sake of being seen. No place is safe. I'd be stunting at Wal-Mart just to ensure that no stone was left unturned.

4. After I've gotten vanity out of my system I'd go right back into 'babying mode' and protect it like it was the last child on Earth. I'd hide it away and decide if i want to keep growing or just maintain. Either way it would stay bunned more often than not, unless my bf turns into my husband. In which case I'd wear it down at home for him.

5. I'm cosplaying as Pocahontas at least once.

6. I'm waiting for that moment when I realize that I'm sitting on the floor and no one is watching so that i can unbun my hair and feel it tumble to the floor without having to hide my pleased expression.

Goal: Classic Length

Aredhel
April 23rd, 2017, 04:28 PM
My ultimate goal is thigh length.
know an amazing photographer in the next city who does incredible fantasy photoshoots, and I would love to have an elf-themed shoot done by her. I figure once I reach my goal I'd reward myself with one of her photoshoots. :D

Groovy Granny
April 23rd, 2017, 04:37 PM
My original goal was Hip; I have reached it twice in 2016....and then cut back to WAIST both times :o

Waist was my sweet spot in the 1960's and again now in my 60's.

It enables me to wear it down safely and comfortably in cooler weather,up in hot weather and for protection, and my hemline seems thicker.

It brings me great joy to have numerous styling options for my mood and wardrobe every day....no bad hair days :joy:

Arctic
April 23rd, 2017, 04:43 PM
My goal is full BSL. I would probably make a mild announcement here, take few photos with it down for proof. I will probably keep it there untill I get bored, at which point I will probably cut it much shorter. I am very much waiting for the time I get to trim monhtly and maintain, I love trimming!

Mlarmour
April 23rd, 2017, 04:45 PM
BSL is my current goal - I'd love waist length again, though I told my hairdresser shoulder length was the goal so she'd get on board with me growing it - I cut my hair short because I have a health condition and when it was really bad short hair is easier to deal with. When I talk about having super long hair she gets worried that I'm going to overdo it and make myself ill.
My youngest cousin wants to dress up as Anna and Elsa with me so I'm hoping to have longer hair so I can have Anna's twin braids. So that'll be one of the first things I do. Then next thing will probably be to learn to fishtail braid, I think they look beautiful but I find them super fiddly. I also really want to do some of the Game of Thrones hairstyles, mostly Dany's warrior braids as I could totally rock that to work or my grandparents'.

I just really want hair to play with, there isn't a lot I can do with it at the moment as it's shoulder length.

arr
April 23rd, 2017, 06:45 PM
I reached my goal of BCL some time last year and honestly it was rather anticlimactic. I felt kind of deflated like, "so this is it?" It's interesting you started this thread because I have been struggling with this. My hair is thick, healthy and with a perfect blunt hemline, everything I thought I wanted. However, I discovered that for me it was too long to wear down, it seemed to get everywhere and just annoy me to no end, but I was tired of wearing it up. I began to feel matronly in a bun all the time. I would see all sorts of cute updos on YouTube and it was almost like I had too much hair to get them to work. The times I was most satisfied with my hair was when I did various braids, so I mostly wore variations on Dutch braids.

I felt rather depressed and thought, "I guess I'm not a true longhair. Why exactly did I want long hair in the first place?" I would see people here on LHC going for classic and beyond and they seemed so happy and excited about it and here I was barely tolerating BCL. I'm wondering if it was the growing out process and regaining my hair health that I really enjoyed. The experimentation and trying new things and perfecting my regimen.

I carried on like this for several months and contemplated cutting. I wanted to cut back to BSL but my husband suggested hip to start with. About two weeks ago he cut it for me and did a perfect job as always. It was around five inches gone. I immediately loved it! Absolutely no regrets other than feeling like a failure in having long hair. I'm even wondering if I would like to go shorter, but I won't do anything anytime soon.

I guess I'm still feeling a little lost in the whole hair growing thing. My daily obsession with hair growing just, ended, when I reached my goal and it was difficult. Anyway, that's what happened to me when I reached my goal.

spidermom
April 23rd, 2017, 06:47 PM
I wanted to have professional photos done at classic length, but I felt I was too fat to look good in photos. I ended up gradually cutting back and now have shoulder length hair. And I'm still fat.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 23rd, 2017, 06:50 PM
I too, would love to have professional photos taken, to celebrate. Whether it will happen or not - who knows? :p

Nique1202
April 23rd, 2017, 06:52 PM
I don't have a specific goal in mind, so I have no idea what I'll do if or when I feel like it's enough. It's kind of annoying to wear loose for long these days, but pictures for sure. I might start thinking about dip-dyeing the ends, though.

Chocowalnut
April 23rd, 2017, 07:27 PM
Feel like my true self and just enjoy having long hair. Wear it up a lot to enjoy taking it down. Wear all kinds of cool updos. Pamper it with hair products. Get trims to have fresh ends and maintain my ideal length. Of course, this is all speculation as to how I'll feel, since I have never had hair past bsl.

MoonRabbit
April 23rd, 2017, 07:29 PM
My big goal is tailbone (ultimate goal is term). When I reach tailbone I think I'm going to flat iron, just once, to feel that sleek and tangle free goodness again.

I always said that if I had hair long enough to cover all my bits then I would go to a nude beach :cool:

Panedora
April 23rd, 2017, 11:32 PM
Hip is my goal, but once i get there, i may keep going! WL atm.

ghanima
April 24th, 2017, 02:21 AM
I am micro-trimming along the way (hair seem to grow much fast this way, besides the advantages of a fuller hemline) but I expect that once I get to my goal of hips or tailbone (not sure) I will still have to wait for *all* my hair to catch up. I don't have layers, but I have noticed in the pictures of many here that only after some time of maintenance at the same level the hair look really full and at their best.
So basically I expect that at maintenance there will be still many aspects to my hair that I still will want to improve and experiment with. For example maybe by then I will have understood completely how to best handle my texture and color, or maybe not.

lizardspots
April 24th, 2017, 03:27 AM
My goal hair has multiple facets - I want a blunt hemline with all my layers grown out, I want to eventually get rid of my bleached highlights (last 8 inches of my hair), I want my braid to reach my bellybutton when I do my standard go-to side English braid, and for wearing-down purposes, I want to at least be at hip length. I've also recently started Minoxidil & Ketoconazole shampoo in a bid to thicken up the sparse areas at the front & crown of my head.

I might do a little post on LHC with selfies if I ever reach all these goals. I've got a long way to go yet. :-)

Katia_k
April 24th, 2017, 10:51 AM
First, I will feel an immense sense of relief, because I have been "growing my hair out" for *years* and haven't gotten anywhere. Now for most of that I didn't have LHC knowledge, so it hardly counts. But a friend reminded me that I'd been saying this for so long and it really, really scared me, and made me think that I was just never going to grow any longer. Even with LHC magic, things are still incredibly slow. I've been here a year+ and just don't have that much to show for it. But I persist. My goal is hip, or maybe TBL...funny how these things just keep getting longer. But definitely hip, because my goal, vain as it sounds, is to have someone freak out about how long my hair is when I walk into a room/take my bun down. That's really my main thing, to get the "holy crap, your hair is so long!!!" exclamation, and not just from people who think BSL is long.

After that, I want to go swimming with it loose just once to feel like a mermaid, and then I'll thicken up the hemline. I don't want blunt--I need layers to not look like a triangle, but it's pretty scraggly right now and I'd like to not feel so self-conscious about it. But all of these things are probably so far in the future, even though I only have like5 inches to go...the joy of slow-growing curly hair.

Mrstran
April 24th, 2017, 11:29 AM
My goal on LHC is hip, but I'm really going to grow to TBL. I know, sounds silly, that just gives me a little boost in a way.

I just plan to love it and wear it everywhere. Maybe add a few temporary blue streaks!

nitagurl
April 24th, 2017, 02:06 PM
My ultimate goal is thigh length.
know an amazing photographer in the next city who does incredible fantasy photoshoots, and I would love to have an elf-themed shoot done by her. I figure once I reach my goal I'd reward myself with one of her photoshoots. :D

I love this idea so much that now i have to add it to my list. I think I'll go even futher and do pics of my favorite cartoon characters as well. Like Chel, Kida, Princess Jasmine, etc. Just a compilation of mythical entities and child-hood hair crushes. Yep. It's on my list now.

My original goal was Hip; I have reached it twice in 2016....and then cut back to WAIST both times :o

Waist was my sweet spot in the 1960's and again now in my 60's.

It enables me to wear it down safely and comfortably in cooler weather,up in hot weather and for protection, and my hemline seems thicker.

It brings me great joy to have numerous styling options for my mood and wardrobe every day....no bad hair days :joy:

I hate that i wasnt able to do the longhair bit during the 60s. But, realistically i would probably have been pressured into teasing it all into an afro - ignoring the fact that my hair doesn't do that.

I envy the fact that waist is your well-established domain. I want to be done already, too! Lol

My goal is full BSL. I would probably make a mild announcement here, take few photos with it down for proof. I will probably keep it there untill I get bored, at which point I will probably cut it much shorter. I am very much waiting for the time I get to trim monhtly and maintain, I love trimming!

You would cut it shorter?? But..that's blasphemy! shudder: lol

BSL is my current goal - I'd love waist length again, though I told my hairdresser shoulder length was the goal so she'd get on board with me growing it - I cut my hair short because I have a health condition and when it was really bad short hair is easier to deal with. When I talk about having super long hair she gets worried that I'm going to overdo it and make myself ill.
My youngest cousin wants to dress up as Anna and Elsa with me so I'm hoping to have longer hair so I can have Anna's twin braids. So that'll be one of the first things I do. Then next thing will probably be to learn to fishtail braid, I think they look beautiful but I find them super fiddly. I also really want to do some of the Game of Thrones hairstyles, mostly Dany's warrior braids as I could totally rock that to work or my grandparents'.

I just really want hair to play with, there isn't a lot I can do with it at the moment as it's shoulder length.

Okay, real question. How good is Game of Thrones? Scale of 1-10

Groovy Granny
April 24th, 2017, 02:26 PM
I hate that i wasnt able to do the longhair bit during the 60s. But, realistically i would probably have been pressured into teasing it all into an afro - ignoring the fact that my hair doesn't do that.

I envy the fact that waist is your well-established domain. I want to be done already, too! Lol

Oh yes the FRO....saw lots of that back then :thumbsup:

Thanks; it feels great being at goal...it enables me to play with a longer length from time to time, then cut back to waist if it is too much.
You'll get there...just be sure to enjoy each stage of the journey :cheer:

nitagurl
April 24th, 2017, 02:30 PM
I reached my goal of BCL some time last year and honestly it was rather anticlimactic. I felt kind of deflated like, "so this is it?" It's interesting you started this thread because I have been struggling with this. My hair is thick, healthy and with a perfect blunt hemline, everything I thought I wanted. However, I discovered that for me it was too long to wear down, it seemed to get everywhere and just annoy me to no end, but I was tired of wearing it up. I began to feel matronly in a bun all the time. I would see all sorts of cute updos on YouTube and it was almost like I had too much hair to get them to work. The times I was most satisfied with my hair was when I did various braids, so I mostly wore variations on Dutch braids.

I felt rather depressed and thought, "I guess I'm not a true longhair. Why exactly did I want long hair in the first place?" I would see people here on LHC going for classic and beyond and they seemed so happy and excited about it and here I was barely tolerating BCL. I'm wondering if it was the growing out process and regaining my hair health that I really enjoyed. The experimentation and trying new things and perfecting my regimen.

I carried on like this for several months and contemplated cutting. I wanted to cut back to BSL but my husband suggested hip to start with. About two weeks ago he cut it for me and did a perfect job as always. It was around five inches gone. I immediately loved it! Absolutely no regrets other than feeling like a failure in having long hair. I'm even wondering if I would like to go shorter, but I won't do anything anytime soon.

I guess I'm still feeling a little lost in the whole hair growing thing. My daily obsession with hair growing just, ended, when I reached my goal and it was difficult. Anyway, that's what happened to me when I reached my goal.

I don't know if we have any " longhair clauses" in the official lhc handbook but i think you still count as one, being at hip and all. I also think that this is why so many of us keep growing after reaching our goal. Anticlimactic describes it perfectly. But its great that you have found greater happiness with your length as it is now. Isn't that what all of the fuss is about? Loving and properly caring for your longer than average length? You've won then :applause

Oh yes the FRO....saw lots of that back then :thumbsup:

Thanks; it feels great being at goal...it enables me to play with the length from time to time, then cut back.
You'll get there...just be sure to enjoy each stage of the journey :cheer:

Enjoy every stage. I might have to write that one on my forehead lol. And thank YOU.

Feel like my true self and just enjoy having long hair. Wear it up a lot to enjoy taking it down. Wear all kinds of cool updos. Pamper it with hair products. Get trims to have fresh ends and maintain my ideal length. Of course, this is all speculation as to how I'll feel, since I have never had hair past bsl.

"Feel like my true self" indeed. Have you ever been so hungry that you get angry? Or so tired that you just give up the ghost anywhere that allows you 3 minutes of sitting still? That feeling of a full tummy or a good, motionless sleep always makes me feel like... myself lol. Same with my hair. It's like my whole being is uncomfortable and just ready for sweet relief already. Fidgety without the length. Forced to be patient and act like an adult. I'm ready to see the real Juanita.

My big goal is tailbone (ultimate goal is term). When I reach tailbone I think I'm going to flat iron, just once, to feel that sleek and tangle free goodness again.

I always said that if I had hair long enough to cover all my bits then I would go to a nude beach :cool:

Please don't give me anymore ideas. I'd bare all types of a** if i knew i could 're-dress' with my hair.

My goal hair has multiple facets - I want a blunt hemline with all my layers grown out, I want to eventually get rid of my bleached highlights (last 8 inches of my hair), I want my braid to reach my bellybutton when I do my standard go-to side English braid, and for wearing-down purposes, I want to at least be at hip length. I've also recently started Minoxidil & Ketoconazole shampoo in a bid to thicken up the sparse areas at the front & crown of my head.

I might do a little post on LHC with selfies if I ever reach all these goals. I've got a long way to go yet. :-)

I had a bunch of goals for my hair as well and it just ended up making me feel like I'd have to log out of the hair boards for 5 years before coming anywhere close to them lol. I wanted WL ( that has changed of course) but it also needed to be WL curly with fairytail-ish ends (also changed), no more layers, virgin (I've done a rinse-out dye since), and the list just drags on.

Please. Let us all know when you've crossed everything off. For my own sanity, I had to chill out lol.

TheJourney
April 24th, 2017, 03:05 PM
My goal is TBL. When I get there in about 3yrs I will take a million pics and flood LHC because no one else in my life is interested in my hair obsession. Even my sisters eyes roll back in their heads when I start talking hair! I think that I will just trim and maintain at that length.

lapushka
April 24th, 2017, 03:08 PM
I did reach my goal, in September of 2015. Then I maintained classic for a year+, until November last year, when I cut back to hip. It is hip+ now and growing (no-trimming 2017) and so I hope to be around TBL at the end of this year. I think somewhere between TBL & classic will be my "sweet spot".

Groovy Granny
April 24th, 2017, 03:59 PM
Enjoy every stage. I might have to write that one on my forehead lol. And thank YOU.
LOL You're welcome ~ your hair looks great :thumbsup:

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 24th, 2017, 07:13 PM
My goal length is hip. Waist if its not possible. But hip.

Id like to cosplay, maybe do a photoshoot. Bask in the glow of my own natural hair.
I havent really thought about it too deeply.

lithostoic
April 24th, 2017, 08:01 PM
Get layers! The haircut that snips the last of my non-virgin hair is going to be layered :P Until then, I'm keeping one length (growing out a few layers) for easier split end microtrimming.

littlestarface
April 24th, 2017, 08:09 PM
If I ever reach my goal

- I'm going to take pictures to post them here as proof
- then go back to only taking it down for washing and combing.

Goal length is ankle

Andthetalltrees
April 25th, 2017, 12:41 AM
I don't really care or have anything special planned, It's going to be another 4 years if I'm lucky so we'll see then. I tend to always grow it out then cut it back up to shoulder-ish and repeat the process. It's just hair it isn't going to change me or my life if it's thigh or chin length

embee
April 25th, 2017, 05:53 AM
I wanted to see how long my hair would grow. Always had gotten stuck at BSL. But I never wore it up (knew no updo styles) and it got damaged. I've been at terminal length (just barely classic, for me) for a number of years and it's great. No more wondering what's wrong with my hair, no more frustration that "it won't grow". Now it's just comfortable, and I have a couple of updo styles I like and that's enough. I have more to my life than hair! :D

Cg
April 25th, 2017, 10:30 AM
My goal is however long it will grow with a perfect blunt hemline. I may die of extreme old age before then, but if I live long enough and the length is manageable I'll keep it.

truepeacenik
April 25th, 2017, 03:24 PM
Funny thing about goals. They move.
I remember classic as a goal, and "enough to cover my shirtless but modestly." (Not for outside view, of course)

Now, I'm chasing knee, calf and ankle.

Dark40
April 26th, 2017, 04:32 PM
When I reach my goal which is thigh length I will do all kind of things to it. Like, flat-iron it, hot-curl it, and wet-roller set, and take many photos in different positions.

MotherofJames
April 26th, 2017, 05:48 PM
My goal is waist length hair. Once im there, i want long layers put in .. and feel confident enough to have great sex again! hahaha . whip it around like the goddess i used to feel like when i had long hair once :P

olivetime
April 28th, 2017, 07:00 AM
I imagine once I set a goal and reach it, it won't be long until I cut it all off and start again :rolleyes: LOL

NikitaJane
April 28th, 2017, 07:17 AM
I honestly think I'll cry with happiness when I finally reach Hip (my ultimate goal, at least for now :P) and show it off at every opportunity! but I've not even quite reached BSL yet so I've got ages to go :(

marvel-lover
April 28th, 2017, 09:08 AM
I'm not sure. I don't even know what my final goal is. I used to think hip. Then, I wanted classic. Now, I go back and forth between stopping at waist and letting it go to classic. Regardless, I want a U shape hemline with some layers (shows off my curl) and I'll show it off whenever I can. I will, however, continue to take good care of it.

pittsburgpam
April 28th, 2017, 09:55 AM
I wanted Classic length. My daughter once asked, "Mom, when are you going to cut your hair?!?" I said, "When I'm sitting on it." Well, I'm past sitting on it and it's almost to my knees. Don't know what I'm going to do now. It's getting slightly annoying, if I can say that! All I do is wear it in a bun. I don't wear it down hardly at all because it's then all over the place, can't bend over to do anything without it falling all over what I'm trying to do. I would like to wear all these beautiful braids and styles but, just not into doing that much with it. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.

SandyBottom
May 19th, 2023, 02:20 PM
Bump

I'd been thinking of starting a thread like this and then found it already exists. This has been on my mind because I'm getting close to my goal and have been considering what my next steps will be. My goal (for now) is KL and it's almost there stretched. Ugh, teasingly close! I plan to take some pictures of course, and I'd still like to at least grow until it's clearly knee without stretching, then continue to try thickening my hemline. This part is vain, I know...sorry, but I want to be seen with it loose. I miss the wow factor and compliments from when it was loose at shorter lengths. Even if it is vain, I'm being honest. I will continue to care for it because I really love to. What are your plans?

giraff
May 19th, 2023, 03:08 PM
Bump

I'd been thinking of starting a thread like this and then found it already exists. This has been on my mind because I'm getting close to my goal and have been considering what my next steps will be. My goal (for now) is KL and it's almost there stretched. Ugh, teasingly close! I plan to take some pictures of course, and I'd still like to at least grow until it's clearly knee without stretching, then continue to try thickening my hemline. This part is vain, I know...sorry, but I want to be seen with it loose. I miss the wow factor and compliments from when it was loose at shorter lengths. Even if it is vain, I'm being honest. I will continue to care for it because I really love to. What are your plans?

Thank you for reviving this thread! I don't think you're vain at all, to be honest. You've put a lot of effort to reach your goal - show it off with pride!

I, too, want to do a "catwalk" down the street, take some flattering photos, make some amazing hair styles etc.. Need to read through the thread for more inspiration!

tsuki
May 19th, 2023, 03:26 PM
Bump

Big congratulations for almost reaching knee, that's amazing!! Honestly, you have every right to want others to be wowed by your hair, that length is a feat in and of itself. You seem to have put a lot of care in its growth and it's absolutely something to be proud of!

As for me, I've never really thought that far ahead since reaching my soft goal length (hip) seems like a pipe dream right now. I love updos and big buns, so being able to expand my updo repertoire would be very exciting; I also want to eventually create buns that swallow my head whole, I think they're so elegant and lovely despite how I just described them.

For hair down, I'm just curious to see if having hip length hair suits me and will give that princess/mermaid effect that I see on people with that length and above. I've never had my hair past mid-back before and I wonder if I'll love it on myself as much as I love it on other people. Or, I could hate it. I'll never know if I don't grow!

SandyBottom
May 19th, 2023, 05:54 PM
Thanks for not judging me giraff and tsuki:o and best of luck on reaching your goal length. When I want to feel mermaidy, I go for a swim with my hair loose. Works every time.

Bat
May 19th, 2023, 11:16 PM
Knee/Calf is my goal I'll probably cosplay as old man Sephiroth my real hair cause if somehow I can get to knee I probably would be in my 60s lol

Nefcerka
May 21st, 2023, 02:02 AM
Thanks for bumping.
At the moment I´m not feeling very positive about reaching any of my hair goals, they seem way too far away - years away - and they are uncertain, my terminal might halt me before any longer length.
But dreaming is nice, even though I don´t really know if I´d do anything at all to celebrate.
I´d probably take a really nice length shot and post it in a respective length thread here, which is about the only place I´d share and where people would understand. I might have my DH take some nice open hair shots outdoors, in some pretty natural setting. That´s about it. I´d then trim off a few cm and keep maintaining there.

sipnsun
May 21st, 2023, 06:56 AM
When I reach my goal (and I'm really close) I think I will go see my hairdresser and get color and a trim. I'm tired of the gray which has really come in heavy lately and miss my blonde highlights!

floridaorchid
June 8th, 2023, 02:24 PM
Probably wear my hair down all the time. FTP or knee length would just be too cool to keep up.

angel-baby
June 8th, 2023, 02:58 PM
My goal is classic, and I think I'll maintain once I get there. I want the thickest, fullest hemline possible, and to gradually get rid of my bleach damage. I haven't had completely un-dyed hair since I was 14, and it will be amazing to have that again. I'm sure I'll keep up my scalp and haircare routines, too.
As for celebrating I'll probably just take a ton of pics! Some for the milestone threads here and for my hair instagram, but I also want to do a pole dance photo/video shoot showing off my length. I do shoots every so often anyway, but it would be so fun to do one knowing I had met my hair goal!

Greengable
June 18th, 2023, 04:12 AM
My goal is waist length, I think I will be there for december, fingers crossed. I don't know what I am going to do, maybe try a longer goal.

embee
June 18th, 2023, 06:12 AM
My goal is waist length, I think I will be there for december, fingers crossed. I don't know what I am going to do, maybe try a longer goal.

Heh. Longhairitis will get you and you'll be aiming for hip or thigh before you know it. :D

Greengable
June 18th, 2023, 12:59 PM
Heh. Longhairitis will get you and you'll be aiming for hip or thigh before you know it. :D

Lol ����������

xxjlgxx
June 18th, 2023, 01:34 PM
My goal is around waist length and my plan is to maintain it and wear it in a fishtail braid about 90% of the time ! Looking forward to it

Wildcat Diva
June 18th, 2023, 07:11 PM
What about when, in contrast, your actual end goal reaches you? I think i have been a very sparse version of classic for about half a decade at this point. No trims, it’s like it just no longer grows. That’s pretty anticlimactic.

embee
June 19th, 2023, 05:09 PM
What about when, in contrast, your actual end goal reaches you? I think i have been a very sparse version of classic for about half a decade at this point. No trims, it’s like it just no longer grows. That’s pretty anticlimactic.

That's where I was, pretty much. At thin classic with a couple of racer hairs that reached mid-thigh. Nothing changed until winter of 2021 when I got sick (not covid) and then had a tremendous hairloss spring. :( All the longest hairs fell out. Now I *know* my hair is growing, because the thickness is moving slowly down, but of course those longest racer hairs have the most growth to make.

IMHO that kind of thing is just genetic and there's nothing one can do about it except have chosen different parents. ;)

Gwendolynn
June 20th, 2023, 06:15 AM
My goal is terminal (hoping for at least mid thigh length)! After I reach my goal I will probably consider cutting back to a manageable length if it is making life more difficult than it has to be, but if it's not in the way then I will probably keep up what I do now. Keeping it up most of the time, plaited down when my scalp wants some rest, and wearing it partially down for very special occasions. (And probably spending a long time looking at it in the mirror!)

cadaverinna
June 20th, 2023, 12:48 PM
Find an issue w it, probably

I'm mad

Dark40
June 20th, 2023, 12:48 PM
I wanted Classic length. My daughter once asked, "Mom, when are you going to cut your hair?!?" I said, "When I'm sitting on it." Well, I'm past sitting on it and it's almost to my knees. Don't know what I'm going to do now. It's getting slightly annoying, if I can say that! All I do is wear it in a bun. I don't wear it down hardly at all because it's then all over the place, can't bend over to do anything without it falling all over what I'm trying to do. I would like to wear all these beautiful braids and styles but, just not into doing that much with it. Don't know what I'm going to do with it.

Ya' see! You've set your long-term goals to longer lengths no matter what your daughter asks you of cutting it! I really hate it when some people ask me, "When am I going to cut it or trim it?" I always tell them either when I get good an ready," or "Never at all." I really feel that short hair on me after age 50 or even when I was younger with my face makes me look like a man. I've always love for myself to look feminine.

Dark40
June 20th, 2023, 12:51 PM
My goal is terminal (hoping for at least mid thigh length)! After I reach my goal I will probably consider cutting back to a manageable length if it is making life more difficult than it has to be, but if it's not in the way then I will probably keep up what I do now. Keeping it up most of the time, plaited down when my scalp wants some rest, and wearing it partially down for very special occasions. (And probably spending a long time looking at it in the mirror!)

Hey, my goal is terminal as well but I don't even know where that is. But I have always set my long-term goal to mid-thigh length as well! After I reach mid-thigh length if it's not too hard to handle I will also keep doing what I'm doing now letting it grow to longer lengths. Might even let it grow to my ankles! I wear mine down the majority of the times. But at night it goes up in a bun.

Greengable
June 22nd, 2023, 03:54 PM

Today I have been thinking about my goal and I think I have changed my point of view. Today I have put cassia on it and changed a little my colour but it's healthier. I would prefer more blonde waist lenght but I have been thinking that I want it to be beautiful, I want to feel is healthy and maybe I am intonkeeping it healthy and thick ends, so I wont think a lot about the lenght goal but the healthy goal.