PDA

View Full Version : Can anyone identify this clip?

lunasea
April 22nd, 2017, 08:39 PM
I just got this on eBay. Sorry for the giant picture. It looks pretty beat up but I kind of like the effect. Just wondering if anyone knows where it came from originally.

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nqEAAOSw5UZY8tTt/s-l1600.jpg

lapushka
April 23rd, 2017, 02:13 PM
Looks like your standard beak-clip. Model style "ficcare", even though it isn't one. I sure hope you didn't pay a lot for it. Standard beak clips usually don't cost a lot.

lunasea
April 23rd, 2017, 02:27 PM
Oh, it was very inexpensive. I like the AB crystals. Since my hair's so thin, a really strong spring isn't a big deal. I'd just kinda like to know who made it. I'm hoping it's not too heavy but at least it has teeth. I may have to coat the inside but I like the aged patina.
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/GvYAAOSwuspY8tT8/s-l1600.jpg

lapushka
April 23rd, 2017, 02:41 PM
I don't think that besides Ficcare there are many name-brand makers of clips like these.

Do you see anything written inside of it?

If not, I'd just call it a generic clip, and be thankful you didn't pay a lot for it! :flower:

Aredhel
April 23rd, 2017, 02:52 PM
Never seen this before but just wanted to comment on how pretty the clip is... great find! :)

Wavelength
April 23rd, 2017, 02:54 PM
It definitely looks well-used, or maybe it was just left outside in the rain. I hope all that corrosion along the edges won't catch in your hair. I'd be concerned about the hinge as well. Glad you're planning to coat it with something, I assume varnish?

Groovy Granny
April 23rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
That's a beauty :thumbsup:

lunasea
April 23rd, 2017, 03:00 PM
I was thinking maybe smoothing and then resin.

lunasea
April 23rd, 2017, 03:02 PM
I don't think that besides Ficcare there are many name-brand makers of clips like these.

Do you see anything written inside of it?

If not, I'd just call it a generic clip, and be thankful you didn't pay a lot for it! :flower:

Just purchased it so it isn't here yet but I'm guessing if there was a name on it- it would have been included in the listing.

Arctic
April 23rd, 2017, 04:48 PM
I tried doing the google image search but there were no hits, unfortunately.

Siri
April 24th, 2017, 02:20 AM
I like it, it's so pretty! :heart:

eadwine
April 24th, 2017, 06:39 AM
I'd say it's a fakkare ;) Ficcare like clip, but a brandless, blatant copy if you will. :)

lunasea
April 24th, 2017, 08:03 AM
Yep, it's a fakkare...I never see them in the wild though. Part of the reason I was trying to identify it was so I would know where to look. Thanks to everyone who took the time to say it's pretty, I love the aged look of it.