PDA

View Full Version : One year of growth- Picture Comparison!

Idreamlong
April 22nd, 2017, 04:02 AM
So, I have been on this forum this morning, moaning about my hair and willing it to grow so I can get to waist.

I have felt really blah about it recently. I wear it curly 95% of the time, which I hate because I get so much shrinkage that it shrinks but to around APL when curly and kinda goes out rather than down if that makes sense? I don't know if I'm having a growth stall or whether I just think it hasn't grown any longer, but it just feels like it isn't moving past MBL.

Anyway, I went onto my photobucket to upload photos for the BSL- Waist thread....and saw a photo that I posted on here from last April. I was shocked, I don't remember my hair looking like that!

It has made me feel a bit better re the current potential growth stall.

So yes, I thought id share a year of my growth in pictures :-)

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/Mobile%20Uploads/image_zpszmidgz1l.jpeg

http://i748.photobucket.com/albums/xx121/horsemadme/IMG_6351_zpssrxrqmx8.jpg

wo
April 22nd, 2017, 06:35 AM
Holy moly, that is anything but a growth stall. 😮

ephemeri
April 22nd, 2017, 07:08 AM
That's an amazing amount of growth for one year! Congrats!

unheardletters
April 22nd, 2017, 08:20 AM
It's great to see how much change happens in a year when it feels like nothing on a month to month basis.

Kellylee
April 22nd, 2017, 08:26 AM
That's a lot of growth! Ps your hair is so pretty!

Mrstran
April 22nd, 2017, 08:36 AM
I don't see a stall, I see a year long spurt! Lol. That's crazy growth! :magic:

_fred_
April 22nd, 2017, 08:45 AM
Wow, your hair is lovely! And that's some great growth.

lapushka
April 22nd, 2017, 09:13 AM
You grew *a lot*. That's a lot. I'm sure it looks lovely when curly. :D

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 22nd, 2017, 09:44 AM
That's lovely. You grew a lot :cheer:

Idreamlong
April 22nd, 2017, 12:46 PM
Thanks guys! I think I must've had all my growth last year as looking at pics from Dec- now, there looks like little to no growth :p

Suze
April 22nd, 2017, 01:04 PM
That is a LOT of growth. Might be fun to compare a picture from december '16 with dec '17 at the end of this year.

Aredhel
April 22nd, 2017, 01:08 PM
That is some tremendous growth! Imagine where you'll be a year from now! :D

Rebel Rebel
April 22nd, 2017, 02:45 PM
Inspiring to see such growth and your hair looks healthier too. It definitely looks like your growth is faster than average.

Ophidian
April 22nd, 2017, 03:17 PM
It's pretty awesome what a year can do. Thanks for sharing!

Panedora
April 22nd, 2017, 03:44 PM
wow that is pretty amazing, i hope mine can grow that fast!

draysmir
April 22nd, 2017, 03:55 PM
Have you trimmed at all this year? Your thickness has been traveling down your length quite nicely, especially considering how much growth you've had! :D

Sarahlabyrinth
April 22nd, 2017, 03:57 PM
Woohoo, that's some CRAZY growth! :D

Idreamlong
April 22nd, 2017, 04:12 PM
Gosh, do people really think it's grown THAT much? I have to say, in the first pic I hadn't straightened the bottom layers of my hair, so some length is lost due to shrinkage, though looking at it, it's nowhere near as curly as it is nowadays (for some reason?!) so probably not too much shrinkage there. Not like nowadays, sigh. Half my length is taken up by my curls :(

Re trimming, I was really naughty all last year and really only S&D'd, then, one day looked at my hemline and almost cried. It was awful, so thin and ruined from S&Ding.

So since the end of Dec/ beginning of Jan? I have been microtrimming as well as S&Ding. But I've also been trying to leave the scissors alone a lot more in general. My hemline has lost thickness though, I do think the S&Ding is the culprit.

Lisa Long4Life
April 22nd, 2017, 04:33 PM
that's amazing :D

draysmir
April 22nd, 2017, 07:52 PM
Gosh, do people really think it's grown THAT much? I have to say, in the first pic I hadn't straightened the bottom layers of my hair, so some length is lost due to shrinkage, though looking at it, it's nowhere near as curly as it is nowadays (for some reason?!) so probably not too much shrinkage there. Not like nowadays, sigh. Half my length is taken up by my curls :(

Re trimming, I was really naughty all last year and really only S&D'd, then, one day looked at my hemline and almost cried. It was awful, so thin and ruined from S&Ding.

So since the end of Dec/ beginning of Jan? I have been microtrimming as well as S&Ding. But I've also been trying to leave the scissors alone a lot more in general. My hemline has lost thickness though, I do think the S&Ding is the culprit.

My hair starts fairytaling around your length if I don't start trimming regularly, so I guess to me I find your hair to look quite full and thick compared to what mine would be :p I used to S&D my layers sometimes, since I was growing them out and didnt want to trim them, and it has really made them so thinned out the last couple inches, it's like my layers are fairytaling but my actual length isn't really fairytaling at all yet. I totally get where you're coming from though about feeling like you kind of encouraged thinner ends, even if I can't see it in your picture. I'm planning on just keeping my hair protected and trim off my ends slowly this year until my layers are gone, no more S&Ding for me! Unless I see a big split or something, then I have to cut it.... :D

Aphra
April 23rd, 2017, 03:35 AM
The mid-back abyss is not so named for nothing - you haven't stalled, you are just at a length where growth doesn't feel like it shows.