PDA

View Full Version : Recommendations for haircut

Bhruninha
April 20th, 2017, 03:32 PM
I am getting a haircut tonight and was wondering what kind of cut I could get to get rid of the damaged ends but as little length as possible. I have layers from a chemical cut that happened when I got highlights done a year and a half ago. I was thinking layers all over but I am worried that I will regret that later. Was also considering taking one inch from the bottom and trim the layers from the chemical cut just a little, to avoid the damage from traveling upwards. Do you guys have any suggestions?

https://imgur.com/a/myt8b

lapushka
April 20th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I would just join the microtrimming thread on this site and look into self-cutting techniques (Feye's or the compact cuts) instead of going to a salon. You might lose more length than you want.

Rebel Rebel
April 20th, 2017, 04:16 PM
I have a chemical cut too and my top layer is still catching up and has damaged ends. It bothers me a lot and I'm always tempted to cut off the damage but I won't. I personally wouldn't cut the layers shorter and simply get a blunt trim and let the layers grow out some. I suppose if the stylist can truly snip only the very ends of your layers it might be ok but I'd be scared to risk it. Perhaps it all depends on how much you can trust your stylist to be careful to not take off too much length and give you even more layers. Luckily you have a lot of hair and a good length overall. It might only be minor set back if the damaged layers are really troubling you. Sorry, I realize I'm giving mixed opinions here. I hope you get more advice!

Bhruninha
April 20th, 2017, 04:35 PM
I would just join the microtrimming thread on this site and look into self-cutting techniques (Feye's or the compact cuts) instead of going to a salon. You might lose more length than you want.

Maybe I will do two inches off the bottom and just maintain at BSL until it's in a better condition and I will microtrim the layers myself.

spidermom
April 20th, 2017, 04:43 PM
Honestly I'd cut back to almost APL with a U shaped hem and no layers. You would still be able to put it up, and all the worst ends would be gone.

Deborah
April 21st, 2017, 12:43 AM
Honestly I'd cut back to almost APL with a U shaped hem and no layers. You would still be able to put it up, and all the worst ends would be gone.

I agree with this.

lapushka
April 21st, 2017, 03:46 AM
Maybe I will do two inches off the bottom and just maintain at BSL until it's in a better condition and I will microtrim the layers myself.

That sounds like a good idea to me. The layers sound good, if you can do layers yourself. There's always the compact cutting techniques for layers, but those are for quite significant layers (not subtle ones).

lapushka
April 21st, 2017, 03:48 AM

That's quite a drastic cut, spidermom. IMMHO. She's got over or about waist length hair.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 21st, 2017, 04:03 AM
I would say regular micro trims and DT'S would do well.

Bhruninha
April 21st, 2017, 11:16 AM
So I ended up taking two inches off the bottom in a U shape and she microtrimmed the layers a bit. It looks pretty good right now since she styled it but we shall see once I wash it again.

https://imgur.com/a/oACSF

Groovy Granny
April 21st, 2017, 12:11 PM
So I ended up taking two inches off the bottom in a U shape and she microtrimmed the layers a bit. It looks pretty good right now since she styled it but we shall see once I wash it again.

https://imgur.com/a/oACSF

Wow :thud: your hair looks amazing!

I didn't think it looked bad to begin with, so I am happy for you taking this measure!

Now you can manage your microtrims by yourself from here on out, and look forward to growth and health :cheer:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 21st, 2017, 12:29 PM
Congratulations it looks beautiful. I love it. I'm sure your hair must be feeling so much softer :blossom:

TheJourney
April 21st, 2017, 02:28 PM
Your hair is so beautiful I think you made the right decision:)

Rebel Rebel
April 21st, 2017, 02:46 PM
It looks gorgeous!

lapushka
April 21st, 2017, 02:57 PM
Neat! :thumbsup: Looks like you didn't have to lose too much length! That's a good thing, IMO. :)

Bhruninha
April 21st, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thank you girls :beerchug:

I am very happy with how it looks today. If only the hairdresser lived with me and styled my hair like this every day :)

spidermom
April 21st, 2017, 06:41 PM
Oh wow; drop-dead gorgeous (almost)!