PDA

View Full Version : Hair dye disaster - how did this happen??

Spinder
April 20th, 2017, 01:16 PM
No, not my hair, thankfully - but I saw this YouTube video about a girl's terrible misadventure with box hair dye, and it left me very curious as to how it could have happened. Perhaps LHC's hair whisperers could have some theories??

At the start of the video her hair seemed to be in okay shape, and she used the same dye she had used many times before and there were no issues - but this time, as she tried to rinse it out, her hair became so horribly tangled that it couldn't be combed out apparently, so she had to cut out the pieces of matted hair, and then visit a hair salon to get the mess tidied up. In the end she lost several inches of length.

What could have gone wrong? I have never dyed my hair myself so I do not know. doesn't damage from dye typically build up over time, when the hair is dyed over and over again? It doesn't usually happen all at once like that, does it? Or can it? :confused:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zaqhxx0yw48

Shiranshoku
April 20th, 2017, 01:36 PM
Well, she piles her hair on top of her head and rubs it pretty roughly, with her texture that's hardly a good idea.

In any case, I think she did it on purpose, for the views perhaps.. She's not that subtle in promoting the salon, so I don't buy the 'not sponsored' disclaimer.

Did you know she's 29, by the way?

mizukitty
April 20th, 2017, 01:52 PM
Well, she piles her hair on top of her head and rubs it pretty roughly, with her texture that's hardly a good idea.

In any case, I think she did it on purpose, for the views perhaps.. She's not that subtle in promoting the salon, so I don't buy the 'not sponsored' disclaimer.

Completely agree.

We don't know if her hair was really so tangly it couldn't be detangled (with a crap ton of silicones, you can detangle pretty much anything, though you'll probably have to wash it after), or if she just got fed up with her length, decided to get a haircut, light bulb moment "I can make money off this!", scripted a video...

Hair is actually very resilient. Applying a deposit only or even a demi-permanent color isn't capable of that kind of damage in and of itself. Unless she bleached her hair 19 times before this and dyed it back to a dark color before filming I just can't believe it.

Groovy Granny
April 20th, 2017, 01:55 PM

Really?! :agape: I thought she was a teenager.....going by her hair dye and 'glitter bath/ shampoo' videos; both major FAILS!

I won't be following her....she looks dangerous :p and hopefully a gullible soul doesn't follow her advice either :rollin:

lapushka
April 20th, 2017, 02:20 PM
Nope. Not my cup of tea. I've had a *real* disaster (chemical cut & burn). Matted hair is hardly a disaster; like mizukitty says, silicones and oils and things of that nature will get even the toughest of knots out, and it doesn't even look that matted. ;)

pastina
April 20th, 2017, 04:11 PM
I feel like her hair didn't look like it was in such great condition in the earlier shots when she was making the smoothie, lol. Then yeah, the way she was piling it on her head was a little shudder:

My thought (as someone that regularly colors) is that if the dye were the culprit, she'd have noticed something was up before she was toweling her hair off. She would have seen a ton of fall as she rinsed. I get the sense that this was staged.

Borgessa
April 20th, 2017, 09:18 PM
If this was for real, well if it was my hair, I'd be a helluva lot more upset than that. I mean she was so blazey about it. I'd be in tears. Lucky she didn't need an appointment for that salon. And had a cute wrap already to go, no smudged makeup from the crying.. Nope not buying it.

Mrstran
April 21st, 2017, 07:28 AM
I seen this a few months ago and sensed that something was "off" about this video. The entire thing seem scripted. From the dye, to the pre cut hairs on the shower floor, her mothers script, and her "sudden" salon visit that she totally didn't have planned. Not to mention how casual she was. Holy! I would have cried forever! My mom (if I still lived with her at 29) wouldn't be able to calm me.

Acid
April 22nd, 2017, 03:26 PM
i saw a few of her videos and judging by those id say its scripted, shes not a very nice person in general (made a video dumping on her ex fiance and telling everyone how great her new boyfriend was despite him being just a friend a few weeks earlier when she was with her fiance, then went on to say she didnt want to marry him when he proposed and said you could see it in her face in their proposal video).

the way she slowly lowers the towel looks very staged too, if that was real she'd have noticed between towelling movements large mats forming in her hair as she was staring right into the mirror. You can brush out dreadlocks and retain most of your hair (thats still attached to your scalp not your old locked hair) those tiny mats should have been easy to brush out

Sarahlabyrinth
April 22nd, 2017, 04:02 PM
It looks staged to me also. She doesn't look particularly upset at the tangled hair, or when it is cut off, plus the promoting of the salon at the end of the video...