PDA

View Full Version : Have you guys seen nicki minajs new hair?

guywithlonghair
April 18th, 2017, 04:10 PM
I know that they are extensions but its still always nice to see someone rocking really long hair. Although its not real, I think that it is great that a celebrity is advertising floor length hair. I think that her feedback has generally been pretty good and maybe it will introduce more people to the possiblity of growing their hair to extreme lengths.

http://people.com/style/nicki-minajs-ankle-length-hair/

https://www.google.com/search?q=nicki+minaj+long+hair&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjfk4LFgq_TAhUH7YMKHcfmDFAQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=KzYN0q3BbCXmAM:

https://www.google.com/search?q=nicki+minaj+long+hair&espv=2&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&sqi=2&ved=0ahUKEwjfk4LFgq_TAhUH7YMKHcfmDFAQ_AUIBigB&biw=1366&bih=638#imgrc=RQs93TX4xHGIXM:

Let me know what you guys think about this!

sumidha
April 18th, 2017, 04:12 PM
I think those were probably some crazy expensive extensions.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 18th, 2017, 04:18 PM
Looks good!

Aredhel
April 18th, 2017, 04:20 PM
I'd be impressed if only she grew it herself but it still looks lovely!

Mrstran
April 18th, 2017, 04:35 PM
All opinion like all others. Eh, I don't know what looks right on her anymore. I think this is only temporary though. Having extra long hair (extensions or not) I imagine takes a ton of time and patience. In my opinion alone, I don't see her spending the time, or see patients as her strong suit. This is just based on examples I've seen from her here and there.

I don't think it will really catch on too much. The super short cut that was done by many stars didn't last long. Before you knew it they were snapping in extensions to get their hair back. From what I've seen, the majority didn't copy the look anyway in the U.S, not even close to 1% by my guess. Even if people were to go nuts copying this look, it would get replaced by another fairly quick. Natural? The look would be long gone before everyone's hair grew to their bra straps.

MidnightMoon
April 18th, 2017, 04:42 PM
Lol, it made me laugh, I mean, I took at it as a joke, as an extreme of "if you can do this, I'll show you how extra I can be"

reilly0167
April 18th, 2017, 04:44 PM
Real or not, I think it looks great. Everyone does their own thing and it all that matters:)

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 18th, 2017, 05:05 PM
It makes me roll my eyes, to be honest with you all.
But you all know how I feel about hair extensions.

EdG
April 18th, 2017, 05:19 PM
I don't know why I should feel excited over someone with extensions when I know in-person a half-dozen LHC'ers with real hair that long. :shrug:
Ed

Siri
April 18th, 2017, 05:20 PM
I'm always glad when long hair is in style and popular with celebs and non-celebs. :cheer:

PixieP
April 18th, 2017, 05:23 PM
I like that really long hair is seen in such a cool way by the mainstream, so I think it's great. She's like a longhair ambassador, even though hers is extensions. It makes it easier for those with very long hair to talk to "normals" (lol) about hair goals and wishes ("remember when Nicki Minaj had those super long extensions? I loved that look and want it myself" might be easier for people to get than "I wanna grow my hair down to my cakes").

marvel-lover
April 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I wonder if she'll help people stop making fun of long hairs. It looks great!

meteor
April 18th, 2017, 05:37 PM
I must say, I really loved the look! :D
I think it's refreshing to see such lengths on fashion-driven people, especially since I hear so many people around me calling long hair either automatically old-fashioned or somehow religious/cult-ish. It's no big deal, it's just long hair. :) I see it almost like a tip of a hat to longhairs. As for the hair being a weave, natural or not... well, some grow their own, some don't, and I kind of think it's none of my business. :blossom:

_flora_
April 18th, 2017, 05:46 PM
Who's Nicki Minaj?

cathair
April 18th, 2017, 05:53 PM
I think those were probably some crazy expensive extensions.

This really. I expect if it's synthetic hair it had to be specially made which would be extremely expensive. Normally about the longest you can do with plastic hair is classic. If it's not synthetic hair, then that's incredibly said for someone else.

Ingrid
April 18th, 2017, 06:01 PM
Well, I hope people will stop thinking long hair is weird, and it catches on :D

spidermom
April 18th, 2017, 06:10 PM
I am wondering how hard it would be to adjust to ankle-length hair all of a sudden. Of course she probably has more help than I ever did.

nitagurl
April 18th, 2017, 09:26 PM
Sigh.

i saw "her" hair.
It wasn't a stance or nod to long hairs or those who want it.
Black woman will wear weave that long because they don't know how (and usually don't have the desire) to actually grow it, but still want to play with the overall look.
Her entire life can just disappear out of mine. Not directed at the OP but I'll be glad when I stop seeing this thread constantly updated in the What's New feed. Just... go away Ms. Minaj.

Borgessa
April 18th, 2017, 09:32 PM
Those of you with really long hair, and get irritated when strangers ask you (albeit a rude question) if its all your own, this is an example of why they might ask lol.

tigress86
April 19th, 2017, 01:05 AM
Some other celebs have been wearing extra long wigs lately as well. I'm not sure how I feel about it. I have played around with extensions in the past, but purchasing all that hair and putting it on your head and showing it off - I don't know. I doubt she's wearing synthetic hair and it makes me think about where all that hair came from (the extension business is far from ethical). At least all those celebrities recycle (share) their wigs, lol: http://www.refinery29.com/2017/01/136037/kim-kardashian-shay-mitchell-wigs-stylist

_fred_
April 19th, 2017, 01:15 AM
@guywithlonghair, Thanks for the links! I don't follow celeb news so I'd never have seen this if it wasn't on here. I gotta admit, I love this. She rocks every look I've ever seen her in, and this is no exception.

lapushka
April 19th, 2017, 06:17 AM
I'd be more impressed if she were to invest time and patience into her *own* hair, her natural hair. But that's not for everyone, I guess. Still, *that* takes some time and dedication. But, I guess we are now all admiring... extensions? So, basically, someone else's hair. ;)

Shiranshoku
April 19th, 2017, 06:22 AM
At least one person gave up their knee length hair for this, probably at a ridiculously low price... So yeah, I think it looks nice because I love the look of very long black hair. But I don't admire it and I hope knee length extensions won't become fashionable.

Hay_jules
April 19th, 2017, 10:05 AM
I must say, I really loved the look! :D
I think it's refreshing to see such lengths on fashion-driven people, especially since I hear so many people around me calling long hair either automatically old-fashioned or somehow religious/cult-ish. It's no big deal, it's just long hair. :) I see it almost like a tip of a hat to longhairs. As for the hair being a weave, natural or not... well, some grow their own, some don't, and I kind of think it's none of my business. :blossom:

This. There's a lot of stigma and judgement and assumptions people make about those with long hair and like it or not, celebrities can help bridge that gap. The general public tends to view very long hair as homely and unkempt - now they are seeing it as high fashion. Extensions aren't for me but I'm not gonna judge someone else's reasons for using them.

MidnightMoon
April 19th, 2017, 11:28 AM
I don't know if people are actually seeing it as fashionable :confused:
Nobody thought lady gaga was fashionable when she wore than meat dress.
I think she went to an extreme, and people are thinking "wtf" instead of "woah, now look at that, let me run real quick to the salon get my hair fixed like that"

Hay_jules
April 19th, 2017, 04:16 PM
I don't know if people are actually seeing it as fashionable :confused:
Nobody thought lady gaga was fashionable when she wore than meat dress.
I think she went to an extreme, and people are thinking "wtf" instead of "woah, now look at that, let me run real quick to the salon get my hair fixed like that"

Lol well there is that. But I think because it's just hair and not inherently gross, I'm sure there are at least a few people out there who will see it on her and think maybe hair that long is pretty after all.

truepeacenik
April 19th, 2017, 04:29 PM
Does this mean I can now get a clip in extension in rainbow stripes at my length? Because I've been wanting that for concerts.

JadedByEntropy
April 21st, 2017, 09:02 AM
Does this mean I can now get a clip in extension in rainbow stripes at my length? Because I've been wanting that for concerts.

Dooo it :D

--
Now that i'm aware of this fashion moment, i hope it does 'normalize' long hairs in the public, and i'm a little perturbed they called knee length ankle xD

*Wednesday*
April 21st, 2017, 09:55 AM
I'd be impressed if only she grew it herself but it still looks lovely!

My feeling exactly.

Gossamer with ankle length hair is breathtaking. Time, patience and love in growing hair. Yes, it looks nice on Nickie but is an accessory bought for a time, not an achievement. Some said to the effect...Ambassador for long hairs? To each her own.

Kalamazoo
October 14th, 2019, 10:43 AM
OK, I'm late to the party, because I never saw this thread before, but I found this article by a fashion editor who decided to spend $800 on a Nicki Minaj wig to wear to work for a week. I think it's fascinating to hear about the joys and sorrows of sporting a wig. Who knew that even wearing a wig takes discipline? I thought you just put it on like a baseball cap & you're out the door. So Ms. Minaj influenced somebody in the fashion industry to at least try out long hair, and write about it. It does look like a little bit of respect for longhairs getting passed around.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/essencegant/i-wore-a-40-inch-nicki-minaj-wig-for-a-week-and-now-i-love

jane_marie
October 14th, 2019, 11:36 AM
Cardi B did it better. I know it was later.. but hers still looked better.

Sarahlabyrinth
October 14th, 2019, 11:42 AM
All these people I've never heard of...lol.

jane_marie
October 14th, 2019, 12:09 PM

I'm sincerely jealous.

renaatijs
October 14th, 2019, 12:14 PM
I think it looks great, makes me little bit jealous because she can pull it off so well!

lapushka
October 14th, 2019, 05:02 PM

I have "heard" of them, the names sound familiar, but I don't know the music, and I certainly am not following them in the news or their lifestyle or anything of the sort. I would love to keep it that way. LOL!

Kalamazoo
October 14th, 2019, 07:04 PM

Actually, I've never heard of them before, either! I wind up doing a web search for each one to find out who they are. Doesn't necessarily mean I want to know anything about them besides seeing what their hair looks like. LOL. Then I can follow the conversation...

Stray_mind
October 14th, 2019, 10:43 PM
Idk... In a week or so she will have short hair again. Hair doesn't work that way in real life though and i still think young people will see it and think "oh, cool, i want hair this long too" and start growing, but after they see how excruciatingly long it takes to grow it that long, they'll drop the idea.:lol:

AutobotsAttack
October 15th, 2019, 03:19 AM
Gonna pretend like I didn’t see the various posts pretty much just dogging her, and her style. I get it, most of everyone is rather indifferent to her, but personally she’s one of my favorite female rappers. She’s been wearing long extensions for years now. In different lengths, colors, and textures. When you make as much money as she does, it doesn’t matter how long she will or won’t keep a style, because she’s probably got the top notch stylists at her fingertips in the event she changes her style options. Plenty of her fans recognize her hair isn’t real, and reasonably speaking, that’s the whole point of it. She amplifies this persona she made, and slays in the process.

Cardi B and Nicki are both music icons that I like. There’s no need to put one against the other, or say one looks better than the other, and I hope they eventually squash whatever beef they have between eachother.

MusicalSpoons
October 15th, 2019, 06:24 AM
Well, now I understand why people ask longhairs if their hair is real :lol:

Sarahlabyrinth
October 15th, 2019, 08:37 AM
And why they ask if it's all mine.... :p

MusicalSpoons
October 15th, 2019, 09:21 AM
And why they ask if it's all mine.... :p

Haha that's what I meant, but yep there is a difference between the two wordings! I'd never before understood what goes through someone's head when they ask that (I particularly like the response 'no, I'm looking after it for a friend') but now we know!

TatsuOni
October 16th, 2019, 08:05 AM
Haha that's what I meant, but yep there is a difference between the two wordings! I'd never before understood what goes through someone's head when they ask that (I particularly like the response 'no, I'm looking after it for a friend') but now we know!

Once when someone asked me if my hair was all mine. My father found it very hilarious and responded that it was his hair. I've considered using that reply myself. "Nahh, it's my fathers hair." Just to see how people would react :laugh:

But I "get" why people ask it since so many people wear extensions here. It seemed like every other girl wore them a few years ago...

leayellena
October 21st, 2019, 02:29 AM
great. :rolleyes:
now everybody can say long hair is extensions so not natural and wannabe wavy bobs with each layer having 1 inch circ. is definitely how hair naturally grows and has it's terminal.
I mean why the rude comments on francesca's video but no or few rude comments on minaj's extensions? so shallow have some people become?!