PDA

View Full Version : Hair Scritching and Combs for Scritching

cindi
April 16th, 2017, 04:05 PM
Hi all,
I've searched for scritching here on the forums and, in all the posts I've found on it, I still haven't been able to figure out from the descriptions how to actually do it. Can anyone point me towards a video that actually shows someone doing it so I can know, without a shadow of a doubt, what I'm doing? :confused: lol

Also: Combs for scritching. I would like to get a comb (some combs?) with which to scritch. I saw the ******** site combs and they look nice (I think?). Can anyone offer a suggestion for whether a comb with fat tines or a comb with skinnier tines makes for better scritching? Or what the benefits of horn vs. wood might be? Or is it just personal preference?

Thank you! :)

Hairkay
April 16th, 2017, 05:02 PM
I'll use any comb big tooth/tines to do this but mostly I just use my fingers. I love an afro pick to get under my braids/plaits without breaking hair. I grew up seeing my grandmother using a comb to scritch. I don't use wood because mostly my hair would be damp or wet when I'm doing this. Plastic works fine.

sumidha
April 16th, 2017, 08:56 PM
I'm not an expert or anything but I really like this Mason Pearson comb for scritching my scalp: https://static.petersofkensington.com.au/images/ProductImages/285370-Zoom.jpg

For me more tines that are sharp but not pointed and the head curve for maximum scalp contact are what I like. I just sort of run it over my scalp in small sections, like maybe four inches at a time, I don't comb all the way down my length at all since my goal is exfoliation, plus the stimulation feels nice... after I've done my whole head I'll then detangle with a different implement.

Borgessa
April 17th, 2017, 02:13 AM
Off to google Scritching, I have never heard of this before.

Jessykins
April 17th, 2017, 03:46 PM
I mostly scritch for dandruff reasons, helps just before i wash it.
The best thing i find is a hard plastic comb, with the teeth close together, almost like a lice or flea comb.
Then the way i do it is normally starting at my hairline, scratch a little bit back and forth then slowly move back doing the same back and forth motion until i reach the back of my head, then i start from the hairline but where i haven't scritched. if you dont have a comb you can do the same with nails, but i find a comb works a lot better.