PDA

View Full Version : Selling your hair

lithostoic
April 15th, 2017, 12:58 PM
If you've done it please tell me about your experience!

lapushka
April 15th, 2017, 01:43 PM
Why? Are you considering it, and if so why all of a sudden? Is it OK if I ask? :o

lithostoic
April 15th, 2017, 03:05 PM
Yeah I'm considering it, because I'm dirt broke. I'm not sure I'd even be able to sell it though since it's bleach damaged.

MidnightMoon
April 15th, 2017, 03:12 PM
I don't know too much about it, but from what I've read here, it's valued depending on whom you sell to. If the destination is hair salons, it's important that it's long, thick, heavy hair, usually straight or wavy. If you sell to a creep, then it's mostly about hair being cut, video, etc., and particular preferences regarding colour, texture, yourself, etc.
Given your length and hair type, I don't think you could make much money out of it selling to salons or places that sell hair. They need long, bulky hair. And yes, usually won't take bleached hair.

pili
April 15th, 2017, 03:12 PM
Yeah I'm considering it, because I'm dirt broke. I'm not sure I'd even be able to sell it though since it's bleach damaged.

Most people will not buy bleached hair. Something about the bleach messes with the wig making process. It has to be virgin. I always used my bleach damage to beat back the people telling me to donate my hair.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 15th, 2017, 03:17 PM
Surely there must be some alternative to selling your hair? And would selling it be likely to bring you the money you need? Or would it still not be enough? If you would still need more money, then it would be better to keep your hair (which you value) and try to raise money some other way.

lithostoic
April 15th, 2017, 03:17 PM
That's really too bad. I'm running out of ways to make money x-x

MidnightMoon
April 15th, 2017, 03:25 PM
Hmm I don't know how much time you have to do some crafts or services, but you could always try to make something and sell it? I remember in HS and sometimes in uni some people would bake to earn a few... dollars (not really dollars xD), cook, do some crafts. Some did other people's HW. Maybe something online, helping with a subject you know on a website, like proofreading texts in English? Sorry if the suggestions are too silly :/

Suze
April 15th, 2017, 05:01 PM
Yes, or maybe sell some stuff you don't need/ use anymore: clothes, books, dvd's, jewelry etc.

Chocowalnut
April 15th, 2017, 05:12 PM
Have you heard of donating plasma? There's usually really good money in that and plus it helps people. Also, we regenerate our plasma in 1 or 2 days unlike hair which will take years to grow back.

Rebel Rebel
April 15th, 2017, 05:16 PM
The amount you would get even if you had "perfect hair" wouldn't be worth it. That money would be gone in a month easily IMO and then what? Are you in a small town that doesn't have a lot of business? Sometimes you have to move where jobs are if that's the case. I realize I know nothing about your situation but wish you to find better options for yourself.

moon_witch
April 15th, 2017, 05:28 PM
I agree with the others, it's probably not worth it.
Do you know some older people? like neighbors etc in there 80s? I know some people who would go grocery shopping for them or help clean the house if the people couldn't easily do it by themselves anymore and didn't have family around.

_flora_
April 15th, 2017, 05:29 PM
Do you know a site called Up Work? Anyone can find something to do there. You can search on google or even YouTube to learn more about it. It won't give you a bunch of money right ahead, but if you're consistent you will be able to create an income.

_flora_
April 15th, 2017, 05:36 PM
(Sorry, I guess I meant "right away", not "right ahead".)

Aredhel
April 15th, 2017, 07:28 PM
I have a friend who takes online surveys for a small amount of money....perhaps that could be something to look into for a tiny income. I guess you just need to find the right sites.

Suze
April 16th, 2017, 03:22 PM
U hope your ok Lithostoic :flower:

lithostoic
April 16th, 2017, 03:51 PM
U hope your ok Lithostoic :flower:

Thank you, I'm hanging in there.

Suze
April 19th, 2017, 02:07 PM
Hope you feel better/ your situation will get better soon.

lithostoic
April 19th, 2017, 02:12 PM
Hope you feel better/ your situation will get better soon.

Thank you, I greatly appreciate it.

Panedora
April 19th, 2017, 02:27 PM
I sold my hair and my daughters once and honestly it makes me sick to think about it today. I couldn't sell my hair again, or my child's hair. We had cut it for locks of love then before I sent it off I found out that they are not the company they are made out to be, so we opted to sell the hair. I feel so bad about it today, I wish I would have kept it... I know now there are better organizations to donate too but back then I didn't know about them.