PDA

View Full Version : my hair type

Sossity
March 21st, 2008, 09:38 PM
I have some photos of my hair; how do I post them for all to see here in the forum? to help me determine its type? I do not have a website, I tried to insert an image but I had to insert a URL., these are phots from my hard drive, they are 7 mp each.

thanks for any help

Sossity

Rae~
March 21st, 2008, 11:48 PM
In order to have pictures appear in posts, you do not need to actually have your own website, but you do need to join a photo-hosting website such as flickr.com, photobucket.com etc. There are lots of them around.

Then, you upload your photos to that site, and it will tell you a link, which you put in your post... and then the photo will show up. :)

Hope that helps. :flower:

Sossity
March 22nd, 2008, 01:03 AM
I uploaded my photos to photobucket; so I copied & pasted the links; here they are;
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/Sossity_album/Sossity_080321_5813_CO.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/Sossity_album/Sossity_080321_5819_CO.jpg
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll68/Sossity_album/JVC_080321_5835_CO.jpg

these are the direct links I copied from photobucket to here, not sure if the will show up, I am new to photo hosting sites.

Sossity

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 01:08 AM
Actually, I just realised my instructions were a bit wrong/unclear. When you post the link, first click the little button that looks like a mountain view (which is above the box where you write your text) and put the link in there. Then they should show up in your post.

Sorry about that. :o

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 01:19 AM
But anyway, looking at the photos in the links, the third one is the most useful since you can see your whole hair (which is very pretty, by the way!).

In that pic, is your hair freshly washed, airdried without much touching (ie little or no combing or brushing, no product)?

Assuming it is, I would guess that you are about a 3a? But if that's been combed already, or isn't freshly airdried, then you might be more like a 3b.

For the texture (F, M, C), I think it's really hard to judge from a photo. If I had to take a complete stab in the dark I'd guess M or maybe F/M, but really, you need to feel it to tell.

And for thickness, well, it would surely have to be either ii or even iii - it certainly doesn't look like i. Again, I think you will be the only one who can tell that, as photos can be deceiving, but you should be able to easily measure around a ponytail and get that.

Anyway, welcome to the boards. :flowers:

Sossity
March 22nd, 2008, 01:40 AM
Many thanks for your help, yes my hair was just washed, ( With a lemon juice- I posted about it in another recent thread ) & air dried. I had not brushed it or put any product in it. My individual hairs feel a little thicker or stiffer than cotton thread, some feel very thick, almost like fishing line. when I bunch it up in a ponytail in its un brushed & air dried state it is; 4 &1/2 inches around. measuring from the top of my head it is about 33-34 inches long, goes to top of my bottom/butt. I wanted others who were knowledgeable about hair types to see the photos so I can choose oils washes etc that will best suite my hair type. When I brush my hair it gets straighter, & bunch it in a pony tail when brushed, it is about 4 to 4 & 1/2 inches around.

Sossity

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 01:45 AM
From what you are saying, it sounds like possibly C and iii, then.

I am sure others will chime in as well, but perhaps this thread would get more exposure on the main board? I would suggest that you either click the "report post" (which just gets a mod's attention) or PM a moderator and ask that it be moved. Then more people will see it and, hopefully, give their opinion. :)

Cheers

Edit : I'm not being very clear today, sorry! The 'report post' button is the one with the R on it, down below each avatar/username.

Sossity
March 22nd, 2008, 02:29 AM
How do I PM the moderator? I clicked the report post R on my 1st post & it took me to a box where I type my message ( said to move the whole thread to the "mane" forum) but it said it was only to report spam or rude posts.

Sossity

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 03:06 AM
Actually, I don't really know the rules of the new boards for new members, but now that I think about it, PMs might not be available until you reach 25 posts?

Anyway, I had also reported my own previous post and requested the move. So, they'll get two requests. :) It's true that the 'report post' function is mostly used for when you want to alert moderators to inappropriate posts etc, but it can also be used just to flag a thread you want them to read/check for other reasons.

GlassEyes
March 22nd, 2008, 04:09 AM
I'd actually say 2c. Those look more like defined waves than curls.At least to me.

It's probably coarse and iii from your description.

Sarahmoon
March 22nd, 2008, 05:51 AM
Welcome Sossity. Your hair is so long and wavy, very nice :)

I think it's 2c or 2c/3a, C iii.

wonderlywroughte
March 22nd, 2008, 07:02 AM
I'd say 2c/C/iii as well! Your hair is lovely! :heart:

florenonite
March 22nd, 2008, 07:21 AM
I agree with those who said 2c/C/iii. It's very pretty ^_^

Rae~
March 22nd, 2008, 07:37 AM
Hee, I'm outnumbered! I submit. :D

Actually, looking again, I agree 2c is probably a better fit. :)

Sossity
March 22nd, 2008, 03:52 PM
Wow, the power of the internet is amazing, I can communicate with people around the world, thanks one & all for your help & input, everyones hair looks great as well., thanks for the compliments. From what everyone has seen of my hair, & type, can anyone recommend the best rinse conditioner & hair oils to use? or start with? now that I have an idea of my hair type hopefully I will be able to select products that are best suited to my hair type. I have been using lemon juice rinses, & they seem to cut back on the heavy grey film & stickiness I was getting when washing with baking soda. I read in a no poo forum that baking soda rinses in hard/alkaline water can form soap scum with the sebum from ones scalp. So I have switched with slightly better results, although I have some white flakes from my scalp when I gently scratch it with my fingernail. I have been using coconut essential oils on the lower half of my hair. Got the oil in a head /hippy shop.

Also from the photos can anyone tell if my ends look frizzy? does it look like I have alot of split ends? right now I use Denman hair brushes, have read that some people only use combs or a comb to detangle & brushes for massaging the scalp. Even if my scalp is a little flaky, I feel better knowing that I am using fewer if no chemicals at all on my hair,skin & scalp. Have switched from sulphate & cone conditioners, & silicone hair serums, specifically I was using Pert brand 2 in 1 shampoo/ conditioner & various brands of silicone hair serums after.

Sossity

Carina
March 22nd, 2008, 04:11 PM
I think you are a 2c.I think you have long beautiful hair.:D

tiny_teesha
March 23rd, 2008, 05:38 AM
tossing between 2c and 3a, did you comb your hair for this one after wetting, do you use cones?
the ends are ringletty but the top is waves...
ah...MAYBE
you are a 2c/3a!
or a 2c....i think i would lean to 2c.
m ii/iii ???
that's a guess.....

Sossity
March 23rd, 2008, 09:01 PM
No I did not comb/brush my hair or use any cones, had just washed with just a lemon rinse, & air dried; no blow drying, had not even put any hair oil in it. When I pulled my hair into a pony tail in this state, the circumference of the ponytail was 4 & 1/2 inches. If anyone has looked at the other close up photos of my hair, can anyone tell if my ends look split? does my hair look frizzy?

Sossity