PDA

View Full Version : Can i CO WASH

Natashap
April 15th, 2017, 02:17 AM
Hi ALL ,

I really wanna try co wash but have failed once as my method of doing it was probably wrong.

I have scalp conditions as eczema and SD due to which i get scared to add anything new in my schedule.

I was a frequent washer before and I cannot wash anymore like that due to health conditions I have.

Can i try it again ,pls help me with some names of cleansing conditioners for fine ,thin,limp hair.

I have tried RENPURE cleansing conditioner so far.

I am a novice to co wash world .

pls educate me.
thanks..:whistle::rolleyes::p

Cannelle
April 15th, 2017, 03:01 AM
What went wrong the first time you co washed? I'm sure we're able to help you a lot better if we know which problems you're facing.
I've found that I need a lot of conditioner (about two-three hands full) and really massage it in, spreading it all over my scalp and hair. I let it sit for a few minutes and then let a bit of water run over my hair, not enough to rinse the conditioner out though. Doing this turns the conditioner foamy and I am able to massage it in again and rinse it out completely afterwards. Don't forget to clarify once in a while too.

edit: I use the Trader Joe's Tee Tree Tingle conditioner. I really like it, my hairtype is completely different from yours though, so I don't know if you'd like it too.

Arctic
April 15th, 2017, 03:29 AM
Have you seen the huge CO washing thread?

lapushka
April 15th, 2017, 04:53 AM
I have SD and can absolutely *not* CO-wash. SD means you have to keep your scalp squeaky clean and you can't do that with CO-washing, unfortunately, as it is a mild cleanser. But it might be different for you, IDK.

I would first try going sulfate-free, and if that works out, see how you do.

And I am also referring to the big CO-washing thread. Huge reference "work".