PDA

View Full Version : How quick our goals change.

Xan
April 14th, 2017, 09:42 PM
I was thinking my goal was classic but now so close and seeing a girl with knee length hair today I'm all in at growing to knee+ it looks so awesome.

Simsy
April 14th, 2017, 10:00 PM
Amen to that. I don't see a lot of long hairs in the wild here, so I'm reliant on the forum for inspiration/encouragement.
I want to stop at classic, but I'm pretty sure I'll end up at fingertip or mid thigh just from being too lazy to cut.

truepeacenik
April 14th, 2017, 10:22 PM
I was thinking my goal was classic but now so close and seeing a girl with knee length hair today I'm all in at growing to knee+ it looks so awesome.

Yep. My original goal was waist.
I'm closing in on knee.

Xan
April 14th, 2017, 10:43 PM
Yep. My original goal was waist.
I'm closing in on knee.
I totally hear you waist was my original goal as well but now at almost classic I want it even longer like knee but if I am lucky enough to get there I may want ankle so addictive lol.

Arctic
April 15th, 2017, 03:15 AM
At first my goals grew but then they started to shrink again, ha ha :D Now my final goal is what my very first goal was when I joined almost 10 years ago, that is, full BSL/MBL.

dollhair
April 15th, 2017, 07:26 AM
I remember a few years ago when I started growing out my hair my goal was waist length.. Now I've maintained at tailbone for over a year and I'm letting it grow to classic (7inches away now!) and I already know knee lenght+ is my goal:) I bet I wont stop until i'm at terminal haha

lapushka
April 15th, 2017, 07:45 AM
I grew to classic and 2 inches beyond and realized that's the end of my comfort zone. I maintained classic for a year+ and then cut back to hip. Now I'm a few inches beyond hip and growing back out towards classic. If I can maintain between TBL & classic, I'll be a happy camper. :D

Henrietta
April 15th, 2017, 08:34 AM
My first goal when I joined LHC in 2010 was hip I think, but I'm not positive. I might have started with TBL. Then for sure TBL for quite a while. Then I jumped to wanting knee length, and then jumped back to classic, and it's been classic for years now :)

pili
April 15th, 2017, 02:48 PM
LOL! I started with a goal of TBL, then it became classic, now hubby enabled me by saying to grow it to terminal and then cut back, just to see where terminal is. I'm hoping it's at least at knee.

Sarahlabyrinth
April 15th, 2017, 03:14 PM
My first goal was waist, then I wanted classic, then it became knee....where will it end? :p

lapushka
April 15th, 2017, 04:47 PM
Ah, good heaven's. :lol: The well-known LHC "disease". Wanting all the more longer hair. ;) :)

:cheer:

pandabarrier
April 15th, 2017, 04:51 PM
Ah, good heaven's. :lol: The well-known LHC "disease". Wanting all the more longer hair. ;) :)

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Now I think tailbone, my initial goal, isn't that long anymore.

_flora_
April 15th, 2017, 04:55 PM
I was shy about changing my goal in the profile, but not anymore. I'm going classic!

Aunty Miki
April 15th, 2017, 05:11 PM
I'm at tippy top hip and going for knee. Will I stop there??? Gosh, I hope I can hit BCL by Christmas.

pili
April 15th, 2017, 05:26 PM

OK, we have to have a name! LHC-itis?

Garnetgem
April 15th, 2017, 06:18 PM
I started off wanting to reach waist then of course it just wasn't enough..then decided hip then tail bone..at last i thought i had decided it would be classic once i got there i wanted more length..now just past that i don't know if i will stop or if i can stop at a certain length..Addictive that's what it is and its all LHC fault Lol :)

who knows how long any of us will end up with...can you imagine us on this thread in say 5 years time! how long will it be how many goal changes by then... :)

Aunty Miki
April 15th, 2017, 07:19 PM
That would be an average of 2-1/2' without trimming, but I know I can't go even one year without one. Bet we all make at least a good, thick, 1' longer blunt hemline😀

WillOTree
April 15th, 2017, 07:40 PM
I'm still at CBL, and I've already changed my goal from hip to tailbone. :D

Tosca
April 15th, 2017, 07:43 PM
I originally wanted hair long enough to sit on, but now I'm at classic I want to try for knee at least once.

Aredhel
April 15th, 2017, 08:26 PM
My goal was always classic and since I've reached it once before... I think I'd pretty much try growing it to knee now if my hair cooperates with me. I absolutely love all the knee-length hair I see on this board! :crush:

unheardletters
April 16th, 2017, 01:17 AM
My end goal changes constantly. At this point I'm only barely APL, so I know my goal will continue to change frequently. Maybe fingertip length, which would be a lot longer than that (below knee) when straight. I'll probably just grow to terminal once I get rid of the layers or until I can say for sure what my favorite length is. For now though I'm trying to keep my focus on smaller goals that don't take as long to reach. I know waist length is nowhere near my ultimate goal, but my plan is to grow to around tailbone and cut back to waist a few times to cut out the layers. Then I will grow as long as I can, or until I feel satisfied.
I started this hair journey 5.5 years ago, but I had to cut my hair all off twice in that time for good reason.

Chocowalnut
April 16th, 2017, 01:58 AM
I set my goal as hip, but I really don't know exactly what length I want since I have never been longer than bsl. I know I want at least waist length. I think the longest I'd ever want is mid thigh. I think classic and mid thigh are really pretty on some, but I'm pretty tall, about 5'9, and that length might be too much for me.

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 16th, 2017, 11:28 AM
My first goal was to grow as long as it would grow which I thought was around hip. Then I joined LHC and everything thing changed. I saw hair as long as thigh, knee, floor. That was my wow moment. Now I am close to hip stretched and I intend to keep on growing as long as my hair will grow.

Reyn127
April 16th, 2017, 01:23 PM
My goals sure have changed! I'm trying not to go too crazy about thinking about it because it's a long ways off, but my current goal is (maybe) knee length-ish. When I first stumbled upon LHC, in my lurking days, I thought I would never grow it long enough to sit on/past my butt sort of range. And then it jumped quickly to classic length. And I've been eyeing knee length as a new ultimate goal, but I don't know if my hair would look good at that length, or if I could really handle and enjoy it, or even if it will grow that long. I think it will, but really have no way of knowing other than waiting to see. I guess, for now, my solid goal is a classic length braid. I think I would be fairly satisfied with that, and it would still be in the handle-able range.

vpatt
April 24th, 2017, 10:48 AM
My first goal is waist because it has been that long before. But then I think I would like hip and maybe classic....who knows where this could end?

JadeTigress
April 24th, 2017, 12:08 PM
My initial goal was waist, but now that I'm at BSL the 4-5 inches to waist doesn't seem like nearly enough, so the goal now is "atleast hip, but I'll see how I feel once I get there".

akurah
April 24th, 2017, 08:54 PM
I recently edited my old bio. Apparently I had said something to the effect of "I want to grow to terminal then cut back to a shorter length like classic or hip".

Yeah, no. We're just going to go to terminal and call it a day. And if I did cut back, I think the shortest length I'd give time of day to now is knee, which is my longest length before a series of bad decisions. I'm probably a year and a half or two years out from knee now, depends on how fast my hair feels like going. It's hard to tell because I just quit smoking recently, and I have no idea how much it may or may not have stunted/slowed growth.

eta: by old, that bio was probably 4 years old. I wandered off the forum for about 4 years, not sure why I left, but I'm glad to be back.

nitagurl
April 24th, 2017, 11:10 PM
I just came back to lhc, too. My profile hadn't been updated since 2015 in which it said something along the lines of "I'm not stopping until i reach waist". Yeah. That's laughable.

Waist is dead boring and im ready to go ahead and reach classic already. Mid thigh sounds glorious and im going to attempt it but classic is the least I'll be content with.

Groovy Granny
April 25th, 2017, 11:19 AM
When I started growing from chin, I expected to be just heading to APL; I wasn't encouraged to grow it long at my age :(
Instead I went to Hip X2 and decided WAIST is my 'sweet spot'; it was in the 1960's and is now again in my 60's.

eladriel
April 25th, 2017, 11:45 AM
My goal is still waist but lately I've been thinking about growing to hip. Gotta get to waist first, though.

Andthetalltrees
April 25th, 2017, 11:50 AM
My goals haven't changed really, It was fingertip when I first started growing it out before my chop, and now it is again. It might end up being terminal at some point if I still don't want to trim or cut it in a few years

Garnetgem
April 29th, 2017, 06:26 PM
My goals have changed over time at first it was waist then it felt too short at waist...then hip and now i am just passed classic i thought maybe that it um no it seems!

i am now dreaming of knee length..who knows i may want longer its funny how length aims change once you join up to LHC :)

draysmir
April 29th, 2017, 06:39 PM
Before I joined LHC, I wanted around WL/HL hair. Joining it, I wanted HL, then it quickly became TBLish, and was that for about half a year, but now the last couple months I've been wanting classic length hair! I used to think CL was "too long" for me before I joined LHC :p I can't believe I thought such a thing now! Seeing pictures of such healthy beautiful long hair on here can really change your perception :D

Jo Ann
April 29th, 2017, 06:59 PM
One thing I love about LHC is the support! If you want to grow it LONG, if you want to keep it short, if you're undecided, there's all kinds of support and points of view to help one make an informed choice!

I like that :p

lucid
May 1st, 2017, 03:31 PM
My goals have changed from BCL, to TBL and now TBL length braid - which means classic length hair :D

And I'm also thinking that growing to terminal might be something I actually want to do. We'll see. . :)

Xan
May 5th, 2017, 11:13 PM
I Totally agree :)

Kellwise Gamgee
May 6th, 2017, 10:25 AM
Right?? My original goal was BSL... I'm now at waist which was my next goal. It doesn't feel long enough, so I'm going for TBL!

White
May 6th, 2017, 10:56 PM
My original goal was waist. Then I hit waist and that seemed short to me, so I changed it to hip, but before I reached it I wanted tailbone. Somewhere along the way, when I saw that my hair is really healthy, I thought that fingertip would be just right for me. Now I am 2 or 3 cm from classic, I never believed that my hair could grow that long.
I admire many heads of hair here on LHC, but it had nothing to do with my goals. They changed regardless of that.

Siri
May 7th, 2017, 01:27 AM
Right now my goal is hip, it's been stuck at waist forever it seems. :hmm: I sometimes wonder if waist is terminal length, if I ever get it to hip :pray: I'll go for more! :joy:

lizardspots
May 7th, 2017, 02:27 AM
My original goal was hip, and that changed to tailbone after being on LHC for a while. I am closing in on waist, we'll see how I feel when I hit hip!

Saige
May 7th, 2017, 02:31 AM
I started out with the goal of tailbone length. Then I saw a woman with knee length hair and my jaw hit the floor! Now here I am with FTL hair and I still want more length!

hayheadsbird
May 7th, 2017, 03:39 AM
I'm too impatient to set a really really long goal. Right now it's waist, which will be in the next 6 months for sure. Long term classic, but as that's about 2/3 years away I'm not focusing on it as no idea if it will grow that long. If/when I reach classic, I'll prob be chasing fingertip. I think when I first joined hip sounded really really long, but that's just a little bit past waist for me, so my goals have def moved!