PDA

View Full Version : The Unbun (video)

Hypnotica
April 13th, 2017, 03:04 PM
It's spring!
And I'm in the mood for some more undone buns (hence the name "unbun"). For some reason it has taken me years to finally figure out how to do that on long hair, my buns tends to come out very unmessy in spite of me trying to mess things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoKODQKUBg

Sarahlabyrinth
April 13th, 2017, 03:19 PM
It's spring!
And I'm in the mood for some more undone buns (hence the name "unbun"). For some reason it has taken me years to finally figure out how to do that on long hair, my buns tends to come out very unmessy in spite of me trying to mess things up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZsoKODQKUBg

That is awesomely pretty! I will have to try it, thank you for the tutorial :)

vpatt
April 13th, 2017, 03:44 PM
My hair is much shorter, but I'm gonna try it. Thank you!

What is the song?

lapushka
April 13th, 2017, 03:56 PM
I watched it, and I think it's a cute bun (don't get me wrong) but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it on me. :(

First of all, the elastic band and then the fear of getting my hair caught in it. :o

I think I'll stick to my LWB with my aluminum 2-prong.

Thanks for sharing, though, I *really* appreciate it. I think it's cute on you!!! :flower:

Groovy Granny
April 13th, 2017, 04:11 PM
That is very pretty!
I don't have enough length to wrap and drape ends, but it gives me a new, easy, messy bun option :thumbsup:
Thanks for sharing :)

Aredhel
April 13th, 2017, 06:35 PM
This is lovely! I don't have enough length to attempt this nicely either, but definitely one to keep in mind for when I do. :)

Hypnotica
April 14th, 2017, 01:59 AM
My hair is much shorter, but I'm gonna try it. Thank you!

What is the song?

Ordo Rosarius Equilibrio - Hell Is Where The Heart Is

I watched it, and I think it's a cute bun (don't get me wrong) but I'm afraid I wouldn't be able to do it on me. :(

First of all, the elastic band and then the fear of getting my hair caught in it. :o

I think I'll stick to my LWB with my aluminum 2-prong.

Thanks for sharing, though, I *really* appreciate it. I think it's cute on you!!! :flower:

I use a special super stretchy cloth hair tie. I find that it does not get caught in my hair.

lapushka
April 14th, 2017, 04:04 AM
I use a special super stretchy cloth hair tie. I find that it does not get caught in my hair.

I mean, maybe I'm just too afraid to try it (I know myself and the knots I can create :lol:). I noticed it was a bigger stretchy band, and I might have some of those around. In any case, who knows I might well give it a try some day. Keeping it on my list of things to try!!! :D Thanks for sharing and posting, Hypnotica! And for all the effort you put into creating the bun!

Hypnotica
April 14th, 2017, 04:59 AM
I mean, maybe I'm just too afraid to try it (I know myself and the knots I can create :lol:). I noticed it was a bigger stretchy band, and I might have some of those around. In any case, who knows I might well give it a try some day. Keeping it on my list of things to try!!! :D Thanks for sharing and posting, Hypnotica! And for all the effort you put into creating the bun!

The tie is from a company called "Rapuzel of Sweden" and is expensive for a hair tie but I love it for this bun :) I have also used an even broader cloth hair tie of the sort you can find pretty much everywhere as well. I find that the broader cloth ones does not tangle your hair up as the small rounder hair ties.

lapushka
April 14th, 2017, 06:24 AM
The tie is from a company called "Rapuzel of Sweden" and is expensive for a hair tie but I love it for this bun :) I have also used an even broader cloth hair tie of the sort you can find pretty much everywhere as well. I find that the broader cloth ones does not tangle your hair up as the small rounder hair ties.

I think I might have to rummage through my stash of hair ties a bit. I know I have the "phone cords", and a few soft cloth ones, but those bigger nylon stretchy bands. I either have a few or none. I tend to only use them for hair cutting, to tie my ponytail. So... yeah. I'll have a look later on and see what I can find. :thumbsup:

vpatt
April 14th, 2017, 08:57 AM
I love my Oomphtastic scrunchy from Wrapunzel. It was $5. But is probably too big for those with longer hair. And maybe those with thicker hair. Just right for me to make my bun look bigger and very comfy.

Hypnotica
April 14th, 2017, 09:28 AM
Well, it was spring. Now it is snowing heavily.....

vpatt
April 14th, 2017, 10:30 AM
:justy:

Oh, boo.....

Robot Ninja
April 14th, 2017, 12:00 PM

A million curses on snow.

Your bun is super-cute. I need some bigger elastics so I can try it.

lapushka
April 14th, 2017, 04:07 PM
Yikes, you guys. I tried it and got into a big knot. Maybe it's because of the wavy texture and the fact that I don't detangle during the week (only quick finger detangle)... IDK, but it somehow didn't agree with the elastic, and I used a cloth one too.

So those with wavier textures, might want to tread with caution.