PDA

View Full Version : have hair/skin/nails vitamins worked for you?

Rowanoake
April 12th, 2017, 06:55 PM
Ads for the Kardashian hair vitamin 'SugarBearHair' or something keep popping up in my instagram feed. I used to take a biotin supplement (when I remembered to take my vitamins) but it didn't work magic for my hair. my nails felt a stronger, with no noticeable difference in my skin. Has anyone ever used any vitamins that made a difference in their externals?

ZeppHead
April 14th, 2017, 11:16 AM
I take a multi vitamin now but have tried hair vitamins on and off to no avail. No difference to me. I did find adding fish oil and evening primrose oil supplements did make a difference. I use these in conjunction with a multi vitamin and find it offers me the best hair and skin advantage.

lapushka
April 14th, 2017, 12:27 PM
When I was 13/14, I lost patches and chunks of hair (bald patches). Doctor said it was a hormonal issue due to puberty. There was nothing we could do. My mom got me some "cosmetic" things, such as a Bioscalin lotion to put on my scalp and some Pilfood hair vitamins. They were expensive at the time for us. When I was 15/16, my hair was back to normal. I took those vitamins for a year and did the lotion for about a year too.

I think that it's great if there's a true need, but not so much great when your hair grows a steady pace of 1/2 inches a month - which is normal.

It is not going to magically do things.

I would rather take a multi and call it a day, that's what I do, but I have to, not because of my hair, but because the (prescribed) medications I take that tend to "run off" with my vitamins.