PDA

View Full Version : permanent smoothening procedure

tryingforlongha
April 8th, 2017, 10:16 AM
Hello everyone. I apologise if this kind of a thread has already been posted before but anywaz curiosity got the best of me n i need to ask. Has anyone with frizzy unruly not necessarily curly haired, ever have their hair chemically treated in any sort of a way? If u had then how was the experience and how did u maintain it? Did u like the end results and how were the long term consequences?

lapushka
April 8th, 2017, 11:17 AM
There's a few threads on Brazilian keratin straightening, unfortunately not all experiences are great ones.

Anje
April 8th, 2017, 11:58 AM
Agreed, there are a few permanent straightening methods (which obviously won't affect new growth). They're all damaging, though the degree varies with method and for each person. Relaxers and perms are the more severe methods, while things like Japanese or Brazilian straightening are somewhat milder depending on a lot of factors.

I would suggest you look at some curly methods instead. There are a lot of people here who started out describing their hair as "kinda straight but super frizzy" who found out that they developed lovely waves or curls when they changed how they handled their hair. Curls and waves just turn into a frizzy mess if you comb or brush or even handle a lot after the hair is dry. Also, it tends to get more defined and nicer over weeks and months as you continue to treat the hair differently. :)

tryingforlongha
April 8th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Thank you ! Actually i have pretty straight hair but frizzy....

Rebel Rebel
April 8th, 2017, 12:19 PM
My hairdesser boyfriend refuses to do this on anyone unless your hair is in peak tip top condition or highly resilient because of the damage it will cause. He has clients that do this about 3 times a year but I think they all keep their hair at about BSL/MBL and usually always get haircuts/big trims to go along with it.
A good hairdresser will be honest with you about the future of your hair and what the potential downside is of chemical services. You might end up with less frizz but more breakage.

Kellylee
April 8th, 2017, 01:21 PM
I would try a salon olaplex treatment. I have only tried no 3 by itself but it really makes my hair smooth and silky.

Chromis
April 8th, 2017, 04:13 PM
Nothing is really permanent since new hair is always growing!

lapushka
April 8th, 2017, 04:34 PM
Why don't you take a hairtyping picture of your hair, and let us see what your texture is; you might actually be surprised at your own texture.

Just shampoo/condition it, then do not comb or brush and gently blot and let airdry, then take a picture of the back of your head.

Rowdy
April 8th, 2017, 07:01 PM
I have heard good things about the Aphogee two step protein treatment but I have not tried it myself.

proo
April 8th, 2017, 07:46 PM
Recommending less product, more sebum