PDA

View Full Version : 7 years at LHC!

gossamer
April 8th, 2017, 09:23 AM
Thanks for continuing to be a part of my life, LHC!

Previous anniversary threads: Year 2 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=91908), Year 3 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=111748), Year 4 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=121835), Year 5 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=130821), Year 6 (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=137282)

My hair remains long & far from perfect, but it's mine. (All mine! No really, people ask me if my buns are fake on a surprisingly regular basis... :confused:)

What's changed since last year?

Length?
As far as I can tell, it's roughly the same.
Factors involved in this besides having reached terminal (which I very well might have, but who knows?)
1) Measuring is not super precise anymore and I rarely do it anyway. When I tried measuring a couple days ago I got 77", which I think is the same measurement I got over the summer. :shrug:
2) I did a lot more S&D last fall than I'd ever done before. This definitely accounts for my old, thin ends being a bit shorter.
3) Breakage. These ends are old and pretty darn fragile!

Care?
Still benignly neglecting it. I still use a coney conditioner for my second conditioner in the shower. As much as I might miss my bouncier natural texture, I can't handle the tangles that going totally cone-free gives me anymore.
Slight changes:
1) Moving from a humid climate to a dry climate means that I have started doing deep conditioning about once a month - Suave cone free conditioner, some drops of argan oil, and some microwaved honey - left on for 30 mins to an hour and rinsed out well. It definitely helps.
2) Sometimes I oil now, a little, with argan oil, since I can tell my fragile ends are even more fragile out here.
3) Twice now I've scrubbed my scalp with light conditioner - Suave yet again - because of dryness. It's worked surprisingly well to combat the little dry flakes that sometimes insist on making themselves known.

Styles?
Cinnabun is definitely my go-to. Faux crown braid is now firmly in my regular rotation. Aside from that, I guess I also do a braided nautilus regularly too. Sometimes I'll remember other styles, like the off-coiled bun, the Elling woman bun, or a tucked French braid, but these are rare...
Single braid for sleeping unless I'm so tired I just collapse into bed with whatever my hair was doing that day...

The planned cut?
zomg, don't bother asking me when it's going to happen or why it hasn't happened yet. It will happen when it happens. Inertia is powerful, as is laziness and benign neglect. Putting it up and forgetting about it for months at a time works wonders in preventing cuts, you know? :lol:

Anything I've forgotten to mention?

gossamer
April 8th, 2017, 09:34 AM
I'm not super active on the threads (not that I was ever, but I'm even less active this year) because I'm busy, but I do post on Instagram pretty regularly (a picture is a lot faster than writing!). If you want to follow me over there, click here (https://www.instagram.com/gossycrafts/).

It's mostly cats and outfits, but sometimes also hair too. :D

Speaking of cats, this one misses being in videos but I'm fresh out of ideas for any.
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26823&d=1491531116

gossamer
April 8th, 2017, 09:44 AM
Some updated hair pictures, taken in a rush Thursday because that's what my life's become this past year (not totally complaining, I have an amazing new job, am living in a new city, and have so much new stuff to get used to!!)

Ends, freshly washed and air dried to 90%, so it's at is maximum length before shrinkage:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26824&d=1491532347

Ends, seethrough:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26826&d=1491532376

Ends, being stepped upon because this is also my life now:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26825&d=1491532363

The thinning is pretty dramatic after knee length (imagine I'm standing up straight, which I couldn't and still fit in this frame):
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26827&d=1491532403

And one in motion, just for fun:
https://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26828&d=1491532418

Disclaimer: Please think before you comment on my hair pictures about what effect your words might have on anyone else reading this thread. I don't claim my hair is something anyone should aspire to or hold up as a standard for growth. I understand that this is a crazy length that's weird and too long for most. It's not an achievement attained through effort or magic, it's just a consequence of not cutting. I'm just me, with this hair, and I like it (most of the time) because it feels right for me. I just want everyone to be happy with where their hair is or where it's going.
:blossom:

rmani
April 8th, 2017, 09:44 AM
I follow you on IG and love your posts! Congrats on year 7!

Reyesuela
April 8th, 2017, 09:59 AM
Gorgeous genetics! ;)

I think it's funny when people swear that their great-grandmother had hair that's 50 years old.

Threads like this always make me feel a little silly that I chopped all my hair off 8 years ago, but it would have all fallen out when I lost so much anyway, so in the long term it doesn't matter.

pandabarrier
April 8th, 2017, 10:13 AM
Thank you for sharing these pictures! :)

Seratopia
April 8th, 2017, 10:22 AM
Wow. Very beautiful hair... I doubt you are able to let it hang down in public from it getting under your feet and trapped in doors.. Imagine being in the car with the windows open and your hair flowing out the window. That would be a sight from the car behind you lol.

Congrats on the length and year 7! I'll be approaching my year 1 soon.

pili
April 8th, 2017, 10:23 AM
Congratulations on seven years! I'm glad you decided to do this thread. I follow you on IG too.

hayheadsbird
April 8th, 2017, 10:28 AM
Glad everything's going well for you :) I've missed your posts and photos last few months so its fab to see you had a chance to pop in here :D congratulations on 7 years of LHC!

Fia
April 8th, 2017, 10:29 AM
Congrats on 7 years. And from this perspective your hair looks absolutely stunning. :D

catasa
April 8th, 2017, 10:33 AM
Thank you for posting this thread! I´m always happy to see your lovely pictures and your stunning hair :) and your lovely cat! :kitten:

ETA: and congratulations on the anniversary, of course! (got kind of sidetracked while I was writing the post) :p

Arctic
April 8th, 2017, 10:36 AM
Happy Anniversary! Your photos are always so great, you have a photographing gift for sure! Love the kitties, the personal style, frog hats, and your hair is looking as lovely as ever!

Groovy Granny
April 8th, 2017, 10:45 AM
Congrats :flowers:

I love all your pics (great compositions), and your personal style!
You are so photogenic... and inspirational for all looking to achieve great lengths :crush:

So happy you posted this thread; I miss your posts and pics, and will be sure to follow you on instagram! :thumbsup:

And I love all your crochet projects; I need to get mine out again and get the old brain cells working :hmm:

Hay_jules
April 8th, 2017, 10:47 AM
Congrats on your anniversary. Your hair is beautiful! I absolutely love your style and fashion sense. Following your Instagram now.

Rebel Rebel
April 8th, 2017, 10:48 AM
I love the action shots of you and your hair. It gives on an idea of how it feels to have such an incredible length. Simply beautiful!

Sterlyn
April 8th, 2017, 10:54 AM
Your hair is gorgeous, love those pics. :crush:

dansyl
April 8th, 2017, 10:58 AM
Your hair is so gorgeous. Congrats on 7 years! :blossom:

lithostoic
April 8th, 2017, 11:11 AM
Congrats!

truepeacenik
April 8th, 2017, 11:24 AM
The floor shot is fabulous. And the only length where the idea of ends only really gets the point across.

Yes, for a moment I thought, "wonder if I'll ever make that shot?"

Then I remembered how annoying my trouser cuffs are at that same point.

Are you tempted to trim the ends? Not the chop of doom.

Henrietta
April 8th, 2017, 11:40 AM
I love your YT videos and I'm always happy when you post one!
Thank you for sharing your instagram account. I found so many outfit inspirations, exactly my style.

Reyesuela
April 8th, 2017, 11:51 AM
I love your YT videos and I'm always happy when you post one!
Thank you for sharing your instagram account. I found so many outfit inspirations, exactly my style.

So do I. Several cracked me up--I love the "poorly kept secrets to long hair " series.

gossamer
April 8th, 2017, 12:02 PM
Thank you rmani, Reyesuela, pandabarrier, Seratopia, pili, hayheadsbird, Fia, catasa, Arctic, Groovy Granny, Hay_jules, Rebel Rebel, Sterlyn, dansyl, lithostoic, & Henrietta!

I think it's funny when people swear that their great-grandmother had hair that's 50 years old.

To be fair, they might not know the difference between not cutting for 50 years and having 50 year old hair! Of course we know that the actual hair that was growing 50 years ago probably isn't there anymore unless grandma is a world record holder, right? I think so many people really don't understand how hair grows/works. I get the most bizarre comments sometimes!

Are you tempted to trim the ends? Not the chop of doom.
Sometimes? But then I really wonder what's the point? I don't think cutting off 2" would make much of a difference in my hair's behavior, so why bother? (:lol: inertia and laziness ftw)

lapushka
April 8th, 2017, 12:32 PM
The planned cut?
zomg, don't bother asking me when it's going to happen or why it hasn't happened yet. It will happen when it happens. Inertia is powerful, as is laziness and benign neglect. Putting it up and forgetting about it for months at a time works wonders in preventing cuts, you know? :lol:

That came to mind. I'm glad you're still thinking about it (which means it's not happened yet). I'm glad you're one of those people who can just keep on growing without it becoming more cumbersome or uncomfortable to you. Beyond classic? I'm going nuts with it! :lol:

Thanks for being here. And keep growing! :flower:

Reyesuela
April 8th, 2017, 01:07 PM
Thank you rmani, Reyesuela, pandabarrier, Seratopia, pili, hayheadsbird, Fia, catasa, Arctic, Groovy Granny, Hay_jules, Rebel Rebel, Sterlyn, dansyl, lithostoic, & Henrietta!

To be fair, they might not know the difference between not cutting for 50 years and having 50 year old hair! Of course we know that the actual hair that was growing 50 years ago probably isn't there anymore unless grandma is a world record holder, right? I think so many people really don't understand how hair grows/works. I get the most bizarre comments sometimes!

Sometimes? But then I really wonder what's the point? I don't think cutting off 2" would make much of a difference in my hair's behavior, so why bother? (:lol: inertia and laziness ftw)

I used to bring up the point of hair age, and people would argue that it really was 50 years old. I don't try to educate people anymore!

I'd probably eventually cut it to ankle/mid calf if I had that much hair. But everyone is different.

neko_kawaii
April 8th, 2017, 01:14 PM
Happy anniversary!

EdG
April 8th, 2017, 01:19 PM
Congratulations, gossamer. :)
Ed

Kake
April 8th, 2017, 01:27 PM
Your hair is amazing and I admire your attitude (in all respects).

yamsha23
April 8th, 2017, 01:39 PM
Happy anniversary Gossamer! :crush: Can I ask you about your zodiacal sign?
I checked your IG and loved your "dressed" pictures (and was wondering if by any chance you were a libra sister :o).

Beatnik Guy
April 8th, 2017, 01:44 PM
Happy 7th LHCiversary! :D

I particularly like the motion shot. :thud:

Lunnafindel
April 8th, 2017, 02:11 PM
Oh hey, Gossamer, I didn't know that we were LHC twins - we both have our 7-year anniversary this week! And it's funny the number of things we have in common - benign neglect, the planned but never executed cut, not being terribly active here but loving the community, even hair color and texture. It's pretty cool. You're still 10" ahead of me tho, just like always... you're like a constantly evolving goal length personified!

As always, you continue to impress and inspire (I definitely have taken a couple of pictures trying to achieve your profile pic ), and I look forward to seeing where this journey takes you...at whatever length you end up with! :)

Aredhel
April 8th, 2017, 02:56 PM
Your length is amazing, congrats on 7 years! :D

WillOTree
April 8th, 2017, 03:06 PM
Congrats on 7 years! :flower:

Sarahlabyrinth
April 8th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Sigh. Of amazement. Glorious hair, Gossamer! I love your photos and videos, you are such an inspiration to wanna-be longhairs :) Congrats on your 7 year anniversary :D

I always look forward to seeing your opinions and views here.

longinthehair
April 8th, 2017, 03:38 PM
You truly have a generous spirit and I really appreciate any YT's you do..I too admire your style - enjoying all the pics. Thank you so much and congrats! Your hair length is just fascinating.

gossamer
April 8th, 2017, 04:31 PM
Thanks lapushka, neko_kawaii, EdG, Kake, Beatnik Guy, Aredhel, WillOTree, Sarahlabyrinth, & longinthehair!

Happy anniversary Gossamer! :crush: Can I ask you about your zodiacal sign?
I checked your IG and loved your "dressed" pictures (and was wondering if by any chance you were a libra sister :o).

Early March birthday makes me Pisces, right? I don't really pay any attention to zodiacal signs. Do they have an impact on fashion choice, in your observations?

Oh hey, Gossamer, I didn't know that we were LHC twins - we both have our 7-year anniversary this week! And it's funny the number of things we have in common - benign neglect, the planned but never executed cut, not being terribly active here but loving the community, even hair color and texture. It's pretty cool. You're still 10" ahead of me tho, just like always... you're like a constantly evolving goal length personified!

As always, you continue to impress and inspire (I definitely have taken a couple of pictures trying to achieve your profile pic ), and I look forward to seeing where this journey takes you...at whatever length you end up with! :)

I know, I saw your thread and was thinking "wow, I could have said pretty much all of this!" :flower: The profile pic was taken back when my hair was a little above knee, if memory serves. I tried it again at the same place a couple years later and they didn't come out as well. Alas!

Ophidian
April 8th, 2017, 05:08 PM
So good to see you pop in now and again! Congrats on 7 years, and hope you are enjoying life in your new city.

marvel-lover
April 8th, 2017, 05:09 PM
So in awe of the length and how healthy it looks. Congratulations on 7 years!

MsPharaohMoan
April 8th, 2017, 05:49 PM
Thanks for sharing your anniversary with us :flower: I love your style!

Silverbleed
April 8th, 2017, 05:53 PM
Congratulations on 7 years! Wow that's such a long time, I just passed 1 year ;O
Also I hope you'll enjoy your new job and place!

cherrybird
April 8th, 2017, 08:50 PM
Congrats on 7 years! Always lovely to see your photos :D

Serimel
April 8th, 2017, 11:25 PM
Happy hairversary! Super beautiful hair and you carry it so gracefully (if you don't count stepping on the hair pic :DDD). I checked your intstagram and youtube channel. You have such a unique cute style and I love how natural you are in the videos. :)

spidermom
April 8th, 2017, 11:32 PM
I enjoy seeing your photos today. I'm still enjoying my much shorter length; it's right for me. But that doesn't mean I can't appreciate seeing the opposite.

Borgessa
April 8th, 2017, 11:57 PM
I've seen some of your Youtube video's and always enjoyed them. I can't believe the rudeness of people to comment negatively about something you obviously enjoy emensely. I mean why else would anyone else grow to these lengths if its not something you enjoy. So for someone to take it upon themselves to tell you what they feel about it, is just RUDE. I love it, your gorgeous and so is your hair, Happy 7th anny :)

pamrlyn
April 8th, 2017, 11:57 PM
Happy Hairniverary!

Such beautiful hair! I have enjoyed your Youtube videos and admired your ability to give such down to earth advice with humor & grace. Thank you for sharing. :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 9th, 2017, 02:25 AM
:blossom:Happy 7th year anniversary.
Thank you for sharing another year of hair growth here at LHC.
I am so pleased you have not cut.
Enjoy your hair growing phase it's special and rare.

TatsuOni
April 9th, 2017, 07:17 AM
Congrats and thanks for sharing pictures of your wonderful hair! :)

Medievalmaniac
April 9th, 2017, 07:29 AM
Congratulations on 7 years, and thanks for always being a wonderful community member here at LHC. :flower:

truepeacenik
April 9th, 2017, 08:54 AM
We need a bingo card for hair questions and comments. "Have you ever cut it?" in the free space.

So, splits aren't an issue for you? My ends are acting they are afraid of the floor, and reversing direction. Mainly as tangles.
And yea, inertia and laziness for the win.
Benign ignoring?

ephemeri
April 9th, 2017, 11:54 AM
Happy hairiversary! I've always loved your pics, not just for seeing your amazing hair but because of their artistic qualities too. Thanks for sharing! :o

gossamer
April 9th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Thanks Ophidian, marvel-lover, MsPharaohMoan, Silverbleed, cherrybird, Serimel, spidermom, pamrlyn, Kat-Rinnč Naido, TatsuOni, Medievalmaniac, & ephemeri!

I've seen some of your Youtube video's and always enjoyed them. I can't believe the rudeness of people to comment negatively about something you obviously enjoy emensely. I mean why else would anyone else grow to these lengths if its not something you enjoy. So for someone to take it upon themselves to tell you what they feel about it, is just RUDE. I love it, your gorgeous and so is your hair, Happy 7th anny :)
I know what you mean! I just deleted a comment from one of my videos that said something like "Look at how awful she looks because of her skinny, bony face when she puts her hair up in a bun, but how she looks nice when it's down. That's why no woman should ever have short hair..."

WHAT. :disgust::doh::agape::justy:

Some people really should think before they write...

We need a bingo card for hair questions and comments. "Have you ever cut it?" in the free space.

So, splits aren't an issue for you? My ends are acting they are afraid of the floor, and reversing direction. Mainly as tangles.
And yea, inertia and laziness for the win.
Benign ignoring?

OOOh, I've got another square for that card!!
This morning I had my braid down and was asked "Is that yours?" I asked "Who else's would it be?" and stumped the asker. I showed her the full length of the braid and said something like "Yes, it's mine, it's not anyone else's," and she asked again, "So wait, it's really all your hair?" Um... yes? I asked her where I would have put other hair in and she said maybe I sewed it in or something? No, I already said it's mine!

I S&D enough that there are probably fewer splits in the last 2-6" (easier to see them, fewer hairs down there after all!) than there are in the last 2 ft of my hair overall. I definitely have splits but I trim the worst ones out and leave the rest to just do their thing.

humble_knight
April 9th, 2017, 02:28 PM
May the next 7 years be exciting, joyous and peaceful! I hope you can get some more travelling in, and share your travelogues and thoughts on your blog. Whilst unable to travel to far off distant lands, it's always pleasing to read about the experiences of others :pirate:

hypersensitive
April 9th, 2017, 03:32 PM
Congrats! That is some enviable hair!

After a while, I stopped measuring too. Numbers aren't as important anymore.

luxurioushair
April 9th, 2017, 03:36 PM
Look at that fabulous hair brushing the floor! Congratulations on 7 years.

Siri
April 9th, 2017, 03:45 PM
Congratulations on 7 yrs, I love the pictures! :blossom:

Jo Ann
April 9th, 2017, 04:04 PM
I'm in awe of such awesome hair!

Congratulations, Gossamer!

yamsha23
April 10th, 2017, 04:43 AM
Early March birthday makes me Pisces, right? I don't really pay any attention to zodiacal signs. Do they have an impact on fashion choice, in your observations?
!
Well, from what I've noticed, all my pisces friends are very elegant without much effort, they are like very self conscious and love to be fashionable but with subtility :p

embee
April 10th, 2017, 05:06 AM
Thanks for the pics, gossamer, and congratulations on 7 years. Love benign neglect, it's the best. :)

Hailwidis
April 10th, 2017, 05:13 AM
Happy hairversary! It's always a treat to see your photos. :) What's your favourite hairstyle for this length?

iYaap
April 10th, 2017, 02:59 PM
Congratulations and I so want to know how it is to have such length!! Love it!!

-Fern
April 10th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Happy anniversary, gossamer! You have a really cool Instagram... I am always wowed by your sense of style. :D

MidnightMoon
April 10th, 2017, 03:38 PM
Congrats, taking your advice on what we comment, I'll limit myself to express my admiration for your very long hair, and how you maintain it looking so well. I also like when you post hairstyles/videos, I've donde one or two despite only being at tailbone. :heartbeat

gossamer
April 10th, 2017, 09:43 PM
Thanks humble_knight (and to more international LHC meetups, right? :D), hypersensitive, luxurioushair, Siri, Jo Ann, embee, & MidnightMoon! :flower: :flower:

Well, from what I've noticed, all my pisces friends are very elegant without much effort, they are like very self conscious and love to be fashionable but with subtility :p

Well, all of those sound like nice things too, so I'll take the compliment. :D :D

Happy hairversary! It's always a treat to see your photos. :) What's your favourite hairstyle for this length?

I usually wear a cinnabun with front twists or a braided nautilus. Easiest and fastest styles for me that don't pull oddly at the hairs by the front of my scalp.

Congratulations and I so want to know how it is to have such length!! Love it!!

Maybe you will! You never know until you try! :p

Happy anniversary, gossamer! You have a really cool Instagram... I am always wowed by your sense of style. :D

Aw, thanks! I'm almost always just making it up as I go...

Dona
April 11th, 2017, 02:10 AM
Congrats, what an achievement! I went to your insta and your cinnabun looks absolutely gorgeous!

Dark40
April 11th, 2017, 08:10 PM
Wow! What beautiful hair! Congrats on 7 years! I've been here on the threads for 7 years as well!!! And, I have come to reach MBL from starting at a chin length bob back in 2010!!!! I feel that I have come a long way, and I really appreciate the help that I have gotten from others on here on how to grow and maintain healthy long hair!!!

gossamer
April 12th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Congrats, what an achievement! I went to your insta and your cinnabun looks absolutely gorgeous!

Thanks! I'm pretty sure I followed you back? AmaIng cat pictures!!

Wow! What beautiful hair! Congrats on 7 years! I've been here on the threads for 7 years as well!!! And, I have come to reach MBL from starting at a chin length bob back in 2010!!!! I feel that I have come a long way, and I really appreciate the help that I have gotten from others on here on how to grow and maintain healthy long hair!!!

You have come a long way! LHC is definitely a good place for advice at every stage of growing. Happy 7 year anniversary to you too!

triumphator!
April 12th, 2017, 08:04 AM
Congratulations on your 7th anniversary here :) I too will reach my 7th anniversary here this year... but I have taken scissors to my hair quite a bit in those 7 years :P I'm really happy you decided to make this post, because I really admire your hair and I hope you aren't turned off by the comments. I followed you on insta, too. Cheers to 7 more years? :beerchug:

DakarNick
April 12th, 2017, 11:13 AM
Congrats, miss Gossamer. You and your hair are beautiful!

AspenSong
April 12th, 2017, 11:17 AM
Congrats on 7 years here at LHC!! Your journey is lovely, as is your hair. :)

gossamer
April 13th, 2017, 07:48 AM
Thanks triumphator!!

*waves* southward at my Colorado friends DakarNick & AspenSong!

lapis_lazuli
April 13th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Congratulations!!! Gorgeous shots and your hair is really inspiring! Thanks for sharing :flowers:

duchess67
April 13th, 2017, 01:40 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is gorgeous. I checked out your Instagram and started following you. Lovely photos.

Dark40
April 13th, 2017, 03:02 PM

You have come a long way! LHC is definitely a good place for advice at every stage of growing. Happy 7 year anniversary to you too!

Thanks! :) I'm hoping that I reach my goal of hip length this coming Christmas. Or, at the end of the year.

*Wednesday*
April 13th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Repunzel. So lovely.

gossamer
April 15th, 2017, 11:00 AM
Thanks lapis_lazuli & duchess67!

Repunzel. So lovely.
Thanks for commenting! I'm always curious when people say "Rapunzel" as a compliment. Mind if I ask you why simply saying "Rapunzel" is a nice thing to say to someone?

(I've been thinking about this for ages, including starting a thread about the fairy tale here (http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=140953) a few months back.)

*Wednesday*
April 16th, 2017, 02:32 PM
Thanks lapis_lazuli & duchess67!

Thanks for commenting! I'm always curious when people say "Rapunzel" as a compliment. Mind if I ask you why simply saying "Rapunzel" is a nice thing to say to someone?

(I've been thinking about this for ages, including starting a thread about the fairy tale

Sorry. I commented on my phone where short is easier. Though her hair was extremely long, yours as well...is a "fairy" tale typed hair. Very long, well groomed. Perfect long hair that is mostly envisioned in books.

Garnetgem
April 16th, 2017, 03:03 PM
Congratulations on your 7th year at LHC and its always a pleasure to see your photos..i just love to see them "oh and suddenly" my just passed classic hair seems so short now Lol..but yeah you have such beautiful long hair! :)

gossamer
April 18th, 2017, 09:31 AM
Sorry. I commented on my phone where short is easier. Though her hair was extremely long, yours as well...is a "fairy" tale typed hair. Very long, well groomed. Perfect long hair that is mostly envisioned in books.

Oh dear, I'm sorry I took so long to thank you for replying to me! It is interesting to hear your perspective on why "Rapunzel" is a compliment.

I always have a hard time associating myself and my hair with Rapunzel because when I think of her, I think of someone trapped in a tower and unable to save herself, waiting for a fairy tale prince, and I don't like to think of myself that way.

Congratulations on your 7th year at LHC and its always a pleasure to see your photos..i just love to see them "oh and suddenly" my just passed classic hair seems so short now Lol..but yeah you have such beautiful long hair! :)

:blossom:
Thank you, Garnetgem!

Nymphe
April 18th, 2017, 04:54 PM
Your hair, the color, the health, and especially the length... awesome, just awesome. Congrats and keep having fun with it.

cathair
April 18th, 2017, 06:05 PM
Happy belated anniversary :blossom: hair is still looking as beautiful as ever :)

meteor
April 18th, 2017, 06:08 PM
Happy belated anniversary, gossamer!! :D :cake: You and your hair growth story are such an inspiration! :D

lovetoread
April 18th, 2017, 07:56 PM
Congratulations! Your hair is lovely!

Ligeia Noire
April 18th, 2017, 08:40 PM
Gossamer, I have followed you on yt before knowing about LHC, if it wasnt for you I would never know about those gigantic Upins, congratulations in your anniversary, your hair is stunning!

Norman
April 19th, 2017, 03:33 AM
Thanks for being a super role model to many with long hair. Your ideas and thoughts are inspirational and also importantly, thought provoking. Good luck to the next seven years.

DaveDecker
April 19th, 2017, 06:34 AM
Yay for reaching your 7-year anniversary here at LHC! :D Here's to the next seven. :toast:

gossamer
April 19th, 2017, 07:52 AM
Thanks Nymphe, cathair, meteor, lovetoread, & DaveDecker!

Thanks for being a super role model to many with long hair. Your ideas and thoughts are inspirational and also importantly, thought provoking. Good luck to the next seven years.

Oooh, as someone who's in the classroom every week, you can't pay me a better compliment than saying that I am thought provoking! Hooray! :flower:

Gossamer, I have followed you on yt before knowing about LHC, if it wasnt for you I would never know about those gigantic Upins, congratulations in your anniversary, your hair is stunning!

Yay, I'm glad my videos helped you too! I must say I'm still on the lookout for better gigantic Upins - the 10 I bought online last year are a little too bendy and they like to fall out of my hair. I think I only have 4 left thanks to losing them here and there!

Fia
April 19th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Yay, I'm glad my videos helped you too! I must say I'm still on the lookout for better gigantic Upins - the 10 I bought online last year are a little too bendy and they like to fall out of my hair. I think I only have 4 left thanks to losing them here and there!

Maybe look into having some custom made for you in a sturdier material? Ron Quattro (https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/quattro?ref=ss_profile) does quite a bit in metal and used to take custom orders way back when I bought a lot from him (not sure about his status today though, but never hurts asking).

Ligeia Noire
April 21st, 2017, 07:16 PM
mine are very sturdy and they did not bend at all.... funny

- Lizzy -
April 22nd, 2017, 07:27 AM
Your hair is beautiful! :applause

gossamer
April 22nd, 2017, 10:50 AM
Thanks, - Lizzy -!

Maybe look into having some custom made for you in a sturdier material? Ron Quattro (https://www.etsy.com/se-en/shop/quattro?ref=ss_profile) does quite a bit in metal and used to take custom orders way back when I bought a lot from him (not sure about his status today though, but never hurts asking).

Hmmm, it's possible! But what I have now works well enough for day to day. I practice benign neglect with my hair tools too, I think. :lol:

mine are very sturdy and they did not bend at all.... funny
Hmm, maybe they get them from different suppliers? I find that if I use them to hold the outside layer of my cinnabun, they'll fall back out after a couple hours or so because they start to bend slightly and loosen. Either they have to go inside the cinnabun with the outer loop held by spin pins, or hold only a little hair so I end up using many of them... maybe I'm just not using them correctly or got a bad batch?

Ligeia Noire
April 22nd, 2017, 08:10 PM
No idea, mine are so sturdy, really hard stuff, cannot even imagine them bending. Maybe they are from another seller yeah could be. I actually do not wear them as much because my claw clips are my holly grail and the upins do not give in much so not as flexible.

sunflowersmiles
April 23rd, 2017, 02:52 AM
Your hair is lovely! It seems to be a similar hair type to mine. I love to imagine what my hair would look like at that length. Happy 7th year!!!

Savvyhorsez
April 23rd, 2017, 05:27 AM
Congratulations friend! That is just awesome! :)

cm006j
June 5th, 2017, 06:51 PM
I joined LHC 7 years ago too! But I cut my hair and left :( I'm back to try again! lol

gthlvrmx
June 5th, 2017, 07:25 PM
Congratulations! You have great hair!

languagenut
June 5th, 2017, 08:18 PM
Yay, congrats! :toast:

I've missed you around here, and was hoping you weren't still feeling bad about the Thread That Shall Nevaar Be Named.

I know what you mean! I just deleted a comment from one of my videos that said something like "Look at how awful she looks because of her skinny, bony face when she puts her hair up in a bun, but how she looks nice when it's down. That's why no woman should ever have short hair..."

WHAT. :disgust::doh::agape::justy:

Some people really should think before they write...

Heh. That's YouTube commenters for you! :rolleyes:

Glad you are keeping on doing what you like, regardless of what they think! :flower:

FuzzyBlackWaves
June 6th, 2017, 04:25 AM
Wow, congratulations! It looks fantastic!

gossamer
June 8th, 2017, 11:21 AM
Oh, I didn't realize this thread had been bumped! Sorry I didn't get around to replying sooner!

Thanks sunflowersmiles, Savvyhorsez, cm006j, gthlvrmx & FuzzyBlackWaves!

Yay, congrats! :toast:

I've missed you around here, and was hoping you weren't still feeling bad about the Thread That Shall Nevaar Be Named.

Heh. That's YouTube commenters for you! :rolleyes:

Glad you are keeping on doing what you like, regardless of what they think! :flower:

Well, you might notice that I don't actually post on the boards at all anymore, and almost didn't post this anniversary thread at all until I figured out how to write a post in such a way that I hopefully didn't hurt anyone. I hope that my disclaimer helped people not to say things that would hurt others' feelings. Anyway, I'm pretty much only in blogland anymore. Oh well.

YouTube commenters are usually just amusing, thankfully, and easy enough to delete. I think since I don't make the kind of videos that inadvertently cater to the weirder viewers, they aren't lavishing as much attention on me as some other long haired video makers get. Sometimes I end up with my mind boggling at the horrendous sexism and stupidity of some comments that I delete and then despairing over how hard it can be to be female and occupy public space - both on the internet and outside in the world - but it's only when I'm really ground down about other things that I'm vulnerable to feeling so upset.

Dark40
June 10th, 2017, 09:05 PM

Thank you!:)

Corvana
June 10th, 2017, 09:30 PM
Wow! Congrats on 7 years! Your hair is so lovely!!

Cherriezzzzz
June 10th, 2017, 09:52 PM
Your hair is another wonderful inspiration for me since joining LHC! I don't have hair thin enough for your length, but I wish I had yours! I love that slightly wavy texture at the bottom! I've not seen iii hair ankle length yet... I wonder if others got headaches or neck aches...

It may be weird to others and too long, but maybe I'm a weirdo haha congrats! :bowtome:

laidy
June 17th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Congrats, gossamer!

I have been following your YouTube account as well and I think it is safe to say that you are a huge inspiration for so many of us! :)

gossamer
June 17th, 2017, 12:20 PM
Your hair is another wonderful inspiration for me since joining LHC! I don't have hair thin enough for your length, but I wish I had yours! I love that slightly wavy texture at the bottom! I've not seen iii hair ankle length yet... I wonder if others got headaches or neck aches...

It may be weird to others and too long, but maybe I'm a weirdo haha congrats! :bowtome:

Thank you for the compliments.

I'm a bit confused by what you meant, however, since I do have iii hair, and it is past ankle length. I'm sure that HeavenlyTresses' hair is also iii thickness, as is arc691 and LadyLongLocks. I don't know of many members with i or ii thickness who have hair at ankle, do you? I know my hair is down to a i thickness down at the ends because it's fairytailing and I didn't take care of my hair as well way back when those ends were first growing as I do now.

As for headaches, in general I find that they're not an absolutely given of heavy, long hair, but more a sign that a particular style is pulling awkwardly and some troubleshooting should be done to find styles that don't pull and cause pain.

Anyway, I wouldn't rule out extremely long lengths solely based on your thickness.

Wow! Congrats on 7 years! Your hair is so lovely!!

Thank you!

Congrats, gossamer!

I have been following your YouTube account as well and I think it is safe to say that you are a huge inspiration for so many of us! :)

Thanks! I am 100% out of ideas for YouTube, but I'm glad my old videos are still useful!