PDA

View Full Version : The tiniest of manes.

mousehouse
April 6th, 2017, 12:26 AM
Hi all,

I'm super new to posting but I've been poking around the forums for some years now.

I've also been trying to grow my hair out for many years... but I'm generally left disappointed and discouraged by the endeavour.

Which is why I am here!

I have super thin, very fine, straight, blonde hair and I'm often told that split ends and breakage are just "part of my hair type." :(

I've chopped it off to APL a few times in the last decade, in frustrated attempts to cut my broken lengths away. The last big chop to APL was in 2014. Since then, I have managed to grow ~6.25 inches or so, bring me up to BSL, but once again my ends are very wispy and I have breakage (and maybe new growth) from my ears down.

My goal is to have waist length hair with a decent hemline. I don't know if this is possible for my thin, fine, breaky hair... but my hope is that by joining the LHC I'll be encouraged to try new strategies and track my progress (aka prove to myself that I can make progress at all), which isn't something I have done in any formal way before.

So yeah. Hello!

Sarahlabyrinth
April 6th, 2017, 01:15 AM
Hi! Welcome to the LHC :)

lapushka
April 6th, 2017, 05:11 AM
If you're doing healthy things (no hot tools) to it, then there is no reason it can't grow long. My mom has fine, thin hair as well (i on the verge of i/ii) and she once grew it to BSL+ in her 40s.

Maybe the microtrimming thread is a thread to follow?

TatsuOni
April 6th, 2017, 06:44 AM
Welcome! :)

Aredhel
April 6th, 2017, 07:09 AM
Welcome! :)

Yuna503
April 6th, 2017, 07:38 AM
Welcome to LHC! :)

My mom actually have the same hair type as you! I remember she had waist/hip length hair when she was younger and her hair is very fine and thin! (it almost floats in mid-air sometimes lol) I'm not sure if she used any products or trims it but if she can grow it to waist length, so can you! Good luck on your hair growing adventures :D :D

Arctic
April 6th, 2017, 07:45 AM
If it's in you genetics, then with right care (and with time) you can most likely get your hair down to waist with blunt ends. Welcome!

mousehouse
April 6th, 2017, 06:18 PM
Thanks all for the welcomes!!

This community is so huge, there must be a post on everything. Its a little overwhelming.

I'd like to know what the etiquette on starting new threads is - should a new thread only ever be started if no thread on a subject exists? If not, is it ok to revive old threads on subjects that have since gone quiet but which you'd like to discuss?

TatsuOni
April 7th, 2017, 12:54 AM

This community is so huge, there must be a post on everything. Its a little overwhelming.

I'd like to know what the etiquette on starting new threads is - should a new thread only ever be started if no thread on a subject exists? If not, is it ok to revive old threads on subjects that have since gone quiet but which you'd like to discuss?

It's okey and preferable to review old threads :) If you look at the dates, there's a lot of threads that's become active after resting for a few years.

If one makes a new thread on something and later find an old on the subject, the mods can merge the threads :)

lapushka
April 7th, 2017, 06:30 AM

Are you looking for anything in particular? Maybe we can point you in the right direction. :)

mousehouse
April 8th, 2017, 05:29 PM
I'm looking for information on growing out damage (ie to cut or not to cut, and if not to cut, how to ensure the damage stops?) and fine/thin hair care. Also, how on earth do people know how many hairs they shed a day?!

TatsuOni
April 9th, 2017, 07:09 AM
I'm looking for information on growing out damage (ie to cut or not to cut, and if not to cut, how to ensure the damage stops?) and fine/thin hair care. Also, how on earth do people know how many hairs they shed a day?!

Theese threads might be interesting: http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=66557

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/showthread.php?t=17115

People know by collecting and counting their sheds.

-arachne-
April 10th, 2017, 09:51 PM
Best of luck, welcome!

mariposa0522
April 19th, 2017, 09:49 AM
Hi all,

I'm super new to posting but I've been poking around the forums for some years now.

I've also been trying to grow my hair out for many years... but I'm generally left disappointed and discouraged by the endeavour.

Which is why I am here!

I have super thin, very fine, straight, blonde hair and I'm often told that split ends and breakage are just "part of my hair type." :(

I've chopped it off to APL a few times in the last decade, in frustrated attempts to cut my broken lengths away. The last big chop to APL was in 2014. Since then, I have managed to grow ~6.25 inches or so, bring me up to BSL, but once again my ends are very wispy and I have breakage (and maybe new growth) from my ears down.

My goal is to have waist length hair with a decent hemline. I don't know if this is possible for my thin, fine, breaky hair... but my hope is that by joining the LHC I'll be encouraged to try new strategies and track my progress (aka prove to myself that I can make progress at all), which isn't something I have done in any formal way before.

So yeah. Hello!

Welcome! BTW - I am positive you can do it!!! :)

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 19th, 2017, 11:32 AM
Hello and welcome.

Groovy Granny
April 19th, 2017, 01:31 PM
Welcome ~ happy growing :)

PamelaViktoria
April 19th, 2017, 02:18 PM
Is your general health good? Hormone issues?