PDA

View Full Version : Anou's 1 year hairversary! [Slightly late+Kinda pic heavy]

Anya15
April 4th, 2017, 08:34 AM
Hey LHC :D

So it's finally one year since I joined here (and actively started growing my hair)! When I started, I was at around BSL, and currently am about 1.5 inch away from tailbone. It has been an interesting journey and I LOVE my hair. The community has also been super helpful and supportive :)

Here are some pics I thought I'd share :)

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=22238&d=1459495060

February and March last year (2016), back when I used to actively track my progress. The February photo is my starting length.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23981&d=1469039719

July 2016. Clearly my hair went through a summer growth spurt! Almost at waist when stretched.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=24497&d=1473156532

September 2016. Slower growth, lot of shrinkage and this photo clearly shows how odd my hairtype can be, wurly one day and barely wavy the next!

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=25230&d=1478777890

November 2016. Hair is slightly past hip when stretched.

http://forums.longhaircommunity.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=26800&d=1491315195

Latest length shot. When stretched, my hair is 1.5 inch away from TBL.

Current Routine and Goals
I am using sulfate free as well as sulfate shampoos alternating, the sulfates really help in clarifying once every 3 weeks or so. Sticking to cones for now (but if I double condition, which is usually in dry weather, I use a cone-free as the first C). I do a pre-poo with a 1:3 mix of castor oil and coconut oil (The castor oil is doing wonderful things to my hair!) and I use the same mix to lightly oil my ends daily. Hair is washed twice a week. Diluted conditioner with some AV gel helps me detangle.

My short term goal is still Classic. Once I get there I would like to maintain for a while until my layers grow out.

Problems
SPLITS. My longer layers have a lot of them. I went through a phase when I was doing benign neglect (due to some issues I was having) and that's when they came up I guess. Any suggestions to tackle them would be helpful!

Now that I am back on LHC, I am excited to reach longer lengths :D

Serimel
April 4th, 2017, 08:40 AM
Happy hair anniversary *(/^_^)/* gorgeous locks!

TatsuOni
April 4th, 2017, 09:52 AM
Happy hairversary! You have beautiful hair! :)

WillOTree
April 4th, 2017, 09:56 AM
Woo-hoo! Happy Anniversary!!!

Cg
April 4th, 2017, 10:58 AM
What wonderful shine! Happy anniversary and glad you joined LHC. :thumbsup:

vampyyri
April 4th, 2017, 11:03 AM
Glad to see you back on here! Your hair is looking amazing as always :crush:

Groovy Granny
April 4th, 2017, 11:07 AM
Welcome back :)

Your hair is beautiful ~ congrats :applause:

lapushka
April 4th, 2017, 11:33 AM
anou, how nice to hear from you! Amazing how much you grew in just a year. That is great! :D I hope you get to classic soon!

Problems
SPLITS. My longer layers have a lot of them. I went through a phase when I was doing benign neglect (due to some issues I was having) and that's when they came up I guess. Any suggestions to tackle them would be helpful!

Now that I am back on LHC, I am excited to reach longer lengths :D

I would just S&D them. But don't go overboard with S&D because when you have lots of issues it can thin out your hemline. But just snipping the odd split end off is perfectly fine. :flower:

Estrid
April 4th, 2017, 11:41 AM
Oh wow, you have my dream hair texture! Beauuuuuutiful hair! Congratulations on your anniversary :D

wo
April 4th, 2017, 12:04 PM
Wow that is very fast growth!! It is so shiny and a fun mix of textures too. Beautiful!

_fred_
April 4th, 2017, 12:33 PM
Happy anniversary! :D And best of luck with the splits. For what it's worth, your hair looks beautiful and healthy in the pics :)

ephemeri
April 4th, 2017, 06:42 PM
Amazing progress in one year! And your wurls are just beautiful. :o

Sarahlabyrinth
April 4th, 2017, 07:00 PM
Such pretty hair, congratulations! You have made tons of progress :)

Rebeccalaurenxx
April 4th, 2017, 08:09 PM
I think splits are just a part of the territory. I think theres no real way to get rid of them, other than s&d every so often and minimizing any and all potential damage.

Great growth though!

pili
April 4th, 2017, 08:55 PM
Your hair grows so fast! And you have amazingly beautiful hair.

Anya15
April 4th, 2017, 09:07 PM
Happy hair anniversary *(/^_^)/* gorgeous locks!

Happy hairversary! You have beautiful hair!

What wonderful shine! Happy anniversary and glad you joined LHC. :thumbsup:

Thank you! :flower:

Glad to see you back on here! Your hair is looking amazing as always
Thanks! Your hair seems to have grown quite a bit too, since the last time I saw your signature pic, and what a beautiful hairstyle!

Welcome back :)

Your hair is beautiful ~ congrats
Thank you GG :) I hope you are doing well!

anou, how nice to hear from you! Amazing how much you grew in just a year. That is great! I hope you get to classic soon!

I would just S&D them. But don't go overboard with S&D because when you have lots of issues it can thin out your hemline. But just snipping the odd split end off is perfectly fine. :flower:
Thank you Lapushka. I am not very diligent with s&d , maybe that's
why there are so many! I will snip a few and suddenly see a ton of them. I am hoping to be at classic by next year.

Oh wow, you have my dream hair texture! Beauuuuuutiful hair! Congratulations on your anniversary

Wow that is very fast growth!! It is so shiny and a fun mix of textures too. Beautiful!

Thank you :flower:

Happy anniversary! And best of luck with the splits. For what it's worth, your hair looks beautiful and healthy in the pics

It definitely doesn't feel damaged either, but I can see the splits when I examine the ends closely. Oh well. Thank you :)

Amazing progress in one year! And your wurls are just beautiful.

Such pretty hair, congratulations! You have made tons of progress :)

I think splits are just a part of the territory. I think theres no real way to get rid of them, other than s&d every so often and minimizing any and all potential damage.

Great growth though!

Your hair grows so fast! And you have amazingly beautiful hair.

Thank you! :) always amazed at how supportive the community is over here!

Sorry i had to edit out the smilies in everyone's quoted posts since apparently my post had too many!

Saige
April 4th, 2017, 10:40 PM
Congrats! Your hair is gorgeous!

Kake
April 4th, 2017, 11:51 PM
Gorgeous hair. And such amazing growth!

Siri
April 5th, 2017, 12:55 AM
Happy Hairversary ... your hair is beautiful! :cheer: :thumbsup:

Hailwidis
April 5th, 2017, 02:36 AM
Your growth is off the charts! Congratulations on your hairversary. :)

hayheadsbird
April 5th, 2017, 03:04 AM
Beautiful photos :)

Faustine
April 5th, 2017, 03:34 AM
This is so inspiring to me as I just joined recently and decided a few month ago to grow my hair at waist length again. Looking at your progress is really motivating. Also you have such beautiful hair, and the texture is lovely :)

Regarding your split ends : as long as they don't seem to creep up and break longs strands of hair, I would suggest you to simply keep taking care of them as you usually do (as you seem to do an excellent job at that, your hair looks really healthy, bravo ^^), and then perhaps once you hair has reached a length that's long enough for you to feel comfortable to get a nice trim, you could do that.

Arctic
April 5th, 2017, 06:18 AM
Feels like much longer ago when you joined! Happy first anniversary, your hair's so beautiful in every way! And wow the growth rate is pure magic!

reilly0167
April 5th, 2017, 06:32 AM
Happy anniversary!!!! Such beautiful progress you made.

rmani
April 5th, 2017, 06:43 AM
Beautiful hair! I agree - fast growth, amazing shine and I <3 the textures :) Thanks for sharing and congrats!

triumphator!
April 5th, 2017, 07:35 AM
I love your shiny curls :crush:

Anya15
April 6th, 2017, 02:35 PM
Thanks all of you. :flower:

I think the growth rate might have something to do with the castor oil, my grandma swears that it makes hair grow faster. Anyhow. I've started getting comments about how long my hair is irl (positive ones!) as well as a few people who think it's time I cut it. :lol:

Kat-Rinnč Naido
April 9th, 2017, 11:31 AM
Wow, congratulations anou :cheese:
Your hair is gorgeously silky and full of shine and health. Happy one year at LHC.

dansyl
April 9th, 2017, 12:01 PM
Congrats! Your hair color is so beautiful and your hair looks amazingly healthy!

Alissalocks
April 10th, 2017, 06:27 PM
Your hair grows so fast!! Love those wurls :love: