PDA

View Full Version : Waist to hip time frame?

grecianmermaid
April 4th, 2017, 08:05 AM
Hi there.

So i'm pretty sure my hair has hit waist length, however there are days where it looks shorter, so maybe my hair is deceiving me :P but if i were to be at waist, which on my 5ft2 frame is 24 inches, how long would you say it would take to get to hip/tailbone length?

I wanted to post photos, but i seem to have very limited access on my account and what i can view. perhaps because i am a somewhat recent member of the forum??

thanks everyone!

Reyesuela
April 4th, 2017, 08:20 AM
Measure the distance in inches and multiply by 2 for the average number of months with no trims.

But your personal rate may be different.

Anya15
April 4th, 2017, 08:39 AM
Growth rate differs from person to person. It may also vary depending on seasons, diet, stress etc. I took about 4-5 months to get from waist to hip. And hip to tailbone is taking me longer, 4 months and I am not at tailbone yet.

dvep
April 4th, 2017, 09:01 AM
I am 5' with a compact body type and I would say it took me 5ish months to get to hip, give or take. I'm not as precise in my measuring since I try to take it easy, but I'm just barely at hip now and waist doesn't feel long ago at all.

Anje
April 4th, 2017, 12:10 PM
Really depends on your body, as well as growth rate. My body is stubby through there, so waist to the top of my pelvis is only about 3 inches. I was barely used to the idea of having waist-length hair before it was at hip. It's another 5-6 inches or so from hip to TB on my body, so that's the better part of a year.

lapushka
April 4th, 2017, 01:17 PM
Yes, I'm with all who say: measure. Measure how much distance is between waist & hip on your own body, then divide by 2 (if in inches) and you'll get how many months it will be to get there.

draysmir
April 4th, 2017, 02:22 PM
I'm guessing it's going to take me 6-7 months to get to hip from waist with trims. I think I have about 2 1/2" between waist to hip

Nique1202
April 4th, 2017, 03:11 PM
As said above, it really varies from frame to frame. I'm 5'2" but my torso is so abnormally compact that from the thinnest part of my waist to the top of my hipbones is literally only about an inch, maybe 1.5 inches, because my hip bones nearly touch my ribs. When I was still at that length, my hair was growing about 3/4 inch a month, so it only took me 2 months. Most people will have a somewhat longer wait than that, even at my height, but you can't rely on anyone else's time to tell yours.

Also, keep in mind that here we usually measure hip at the tops of the hip bones on the sides of the body, the places where the hip bones sometimes stick out in front of the body usually correspond more to either BCL (bum-crack length, or the top of the bum) or sometimes tailbone (usually around the middle of the bum or a bit lower, if you look at an anatomical drawing you'll see it's the tip of the bottom-most bone in the spine) depending on whether you measure nearer the top or the bottom. And, some people measure tailbone as being the same as BCL because of tradition or to call the milestone sooner, even though it's anatomically incorrect. So, it's your choice, and will affect how long your wait to grow is.

Jo Ann
April 5th, 2017, 07:40 AM
Goodness! I'm about 5'11", and it took me about a year to go from waist to hip--hip length on me is about 33" :shocked: My hair now, stretched, is about 34" and I'm about 3" from BCL, so I'm thinking I'll be at BCL as a birthday present (mine's in September). As stated above, everyone's different :p

Vive la difference...

Zemeraldite
April 5th, 2017, 11:33 AM
Took me 3-4 months I think ... I dont think it was a very solid hip though, just the longest layers brushed hip :)