PDA

View Full Version : Stop stress sheds with ORAL capsaicin/cayenne.

Reyesuela
April 4th, 2017, 06:51 AM
Capsaicin acts, when consumed, by blocking the CB2 receptor (cannaboid receptor 2), which causes hair loss when activated by stress. If you think you're having a stress shed, this should stop it in its tracks.

Capsaicin has a very short half-life of 25 minutes after oral administration, so taking smaller doses more often would do the most--like 100 mg with every meal or snack and at waking and bed time.

Eating spicy peppers works just just as well as cayenne pills. :)

Don't use it directly on skin under hair you want to keep, though. Topically, it makes your body think it's overheating and makes hair fall out.

Oh, and if you want good hair, don't smoke pot. ;)

Obsidian
April 4th, 2017, 11:35 AM
Oh, and if you want good hair, don't smoke pot. ;)

Really? I'm guess it activates the CB2 receptor and thats bad? I like the capsaicin idea though, I'm having a bit of stress shed right now. Is there any side effects? I have stomach issues, don't want to aggravate it.

Reyesuela
April 4th, 2017, 12:56 PM
Exactly! Lol. I realized, after reading about the CB2 and hair loss, that all the true potheads I know have awful hair--apparently, that's why.

Low frequent doses of capsaicin aren't going to upset your stomach. A big single dose would.

Reyesuela
April 4th, 2017, 06:21 PM
But alcoholism lowers 5 alpha reductase and so decreases androgenic alopecia.

So for thicker hair, become a lush!